Do you feel depressed after reading facebook?

theblank

Sorry for how you feel, I feel pretty much the same these days, all I can tell you is, it's probably worth it to wait and see what happen, you're not in a hurry are you? I did a pretty serious attempt years ago and even if I'm not fine right now, I had happy times since then and I'm glad I failed.

I'm not in any hurry to die, but I am in a hurry to stop living a tormented life.

HeadFace

I get what you mean.. Maybe not exactly the same situation as me, as I'm only 16 (17 soon :D), but I do get really upset when I look at a friend's wall, and see how the spend time with so many other people, yet they don't even have the time to meet me for lunch or hang out for a couple hours. I'm not in any of my "close" friend's photo's.

MollyBeGood

I really dislike social networking sites. :) they seem very much a waste of time. I also don't like everyone knowing what I am doing i think it's creepy.

HeadFace

I really dislike social networking sites. :) they seem very much a waste of time. I also don't like everyone knowing what I am doing i think it's creepy.

I think mainly, social networking sites are used for communication over stalking. Its what I use Facebook for. And strictly only for that purpose. Also its not like your going to be constantly making updates abou your life on there. People only write what theyWANT other people to know on there. And sometimes even beg, literally, for attention on there

I do have a facebook account. Just a few pople people on it now. Used to have tons more but deleted them all. Just depressing seeing how much others have achieved, the life they live and photos with their friends.

Kinetik

I've never had a social networking page of any kind. I thought that would help me in my quest to lay low throughout life in general, but when you realize that everyone is on facebook except you, you become the odd one out yet again. Irony at its finest. In any case, I've only known a handful of people since I left high school eight years ago and I'm still finding my feet educationally so I really have nothing to report regarding my life. I also refuse to become one of those people who's like "wow, I just took a great nap" or "that cheese sandwich was the best." So all things considered, I'm going to pass.

Logical Anxiety

Gosh. Nowadays I do feel depressed seeing my Facebook Homepage, but I think it's quite minor...for now.

Now, I see my 'friends' statuses, almost all of them, get commented and liked by at least one other 'friend', no matter how random/useless/normal it is. While I get none; somehow tells me to think that my 'friends' don't really like nor care for me. This has been going on since this year. ):

This coming from a student, you might think this is childish; i can totally understand, but that doesn't stop the depression from coming. -sigh-
I'm very worried what Facebook will turn out for me when I'm an adult. ):

Deactivated my Facebook account recently. It just doesn't serve it purpose anymore. When i started Facebook.. i though, it would be easier to gain more friends and eventually have a normal life. Yet, i was wrong.. I have spend too much time Online.. Maybe, now it is time to be offline more..

hopelives

I also refuse to become one of those people who's like "wow, I just took a great nap" or "that cheese sandwich was the best." So all things considered, I'm going to pass.

ha ha... exactly. I don't find anything amusing or entertaining or worthwhile or sensible when people post something like that..!

HH

I'm a bit wary of posting things on facebook because of a lot of talk recently about what they've been doing with peoples personal information (security issues as well), also a lot of employers look at peoples facebook account when you go for interviews/apple for jobs. Its more hassle then it seems most of the time. I'm also to lazy to keep updating my status etc all the damn time......honesty, who cares.

dpr

Just because your facebook friends seem to be "moving on with their lives," doesn't mean they really are.

People get married, have kids, and buy houses for the same reason most people go to university straight out of college... they think it's what they're "supposed to do." They see most of their peers doing it and don't want to be left behind. But I don't consider this to be "moving on with life." I consider it somewhat of a fake life.

Take school and careers for example... I graduated high school at 18 and I didn't really know what I wanted to do, career-wise. So I got a job and worked for a while, then went back to college at 24. I didn't know what I wanted to do at 18, so I took some time to decide and that is perfectly reasonable.

Contrast that with most of the sheep in my high school who went straight into university right after the summer. They went eenie meenie miny mo, picked a job based on: "That sounds like something I might like"... and I can only imagine how much they hate their careers. And why wouldn't they? Not everyone knows what they want to do with the rest of their life at 18! At 18, I was a complete idiot who didn't know **** about ****!

So they end up with careers they don't like, but they can't change them without going back to school for another 4 years, so they deal with it.

People who have this attitude most likely have ****ty relationships as well. Same idea. They get married, realize they actually don't have that much in common, but stay together because it would be too much emotional work to get out of it. Plus by then, they probably have kids which makes it even harder.

These people with their "fast-paced lives" are probably more ****ed up than you are.

Take comfort in that.

Last edited:
D

deleted user 1

I looked on Facebook too a number of times sporadically, and became very disheartened. To be housebound for such a long period, and see how everyone was, at the very least, growing and achieving tangible things, made me feel worthless and even more powerless. Like the reality of my situation hit like a lightning bolt. However, once I got a new job, it dawned on me eventually that their lives are not as perfect as we see them. They have the social aspects of living that we desire, but it carries with it other problems too. The grass is always greener on the other side, until you get there. Don't lose hope, and don't let the lives that people appear (they are very unlikely to post negative things!) to be living bring you down. You may in fact feel a hundred times worse were you to trade places with them! I know this is easier said than done, perhaps the three cups of coffee are getting to me lol, but I thought this bares mentioning, for what it's worth.

Best of luck ;)