Do you ever feel REALLY good about yourself?

alex7

i have these moments during the day when i feel so damn good about myself. It shows to others too. People gravitate towards me and want to get to know me. My friends show great respect to me and i feel like a very good person with a good heart because i see myself as very kind and giving. When i talk with people, there is little thought in what i SHOULD say, and i just say what is on my mind. <-- that's probably the main difference. I become more self-serving rather than always worrying about people's reaction, and i can see that they respect that more.

Does anyone else have these moments/moodswings? They occur randomly, but usually about once every week where i feel absolutely great. The rest of the week i feel like a pile of **** and people treat me like a pile of ****.

planemo

That's so true. People seem to respond to your own feelings about yourself. If you seem insecure about yourself, people tend to catch on really quickly and that's when the 'put you down' remarks usually follow. But I know what you mean, I too feel really good about myself, and the gloom of my world seems lifted. I stop caring about what others say because someone is already telling me how I am. That person is me. Pity, I don't feel this way more often. For me this feeling is more like once in a few months or so. The more nervous I am, the less I feel really good.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Not really, or at least not lately. I used to be more possitive some years ago, but things changed a bit.

Luke1993

Yes the second half of last year I had absolutely outrageous mood swings where I would feel great and then terrible like a switch, I thought I had bipolar, I was going insane, but now this year I've been much more "neutral" and therefore better, instead of really up and really down.

Rxqueen

No, I hate myself full-time.

same here.....i hate my self full time but some days I'm good at hiding it and I get this type of bravo that others seem to feed off of....but I do have days where I think I'm better than everyone and could care less what they think....that usually ends when I enter a crowded room...

mrb

sometimes yes , but i do have bad days as well , the good with the bad eh lol

recluse

Yes but it depends on the people i encounter in the day...I feel comfortable with some people but others just drag me down.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
^^Until you posted some more pics a couple days back, I really thought that was Liev Schreiber in your avatar.

liev-schreiber.jpg

No, don't ever remember really feeling good about myself. Some days are better than others, but truly good? No.

Sometimes, I am able to feel good about myself, but it takes effort.

I sometimes find it fun to set really small, easy to accomplish goals throughout my day, (like: oh look! a person is coming! make eye contact! etc.). When I accomplish them I feel a tiny pang of goodness about myself and my achievements. It may be fleeting, but It's still better than feeling like poop all day long.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Serious! It's the expression; the sort of half-squint with the eyebrows and stuff. More so in your avatar than the other pics though. Mr. Bean, eh? I don't usually get told I look like anyone.

jhanniffy

I usually only feel good about myself when I get my assignments done well before there due dates, which I guess is kinds sad!

Last edited:

Interzone

Usually in the mornings I feel ok and I am somewhat optimistic, but as the day slowly wears on it starts to fade away and by evening I am depressed, frustrated and drained. Someday's I feel crappy from start to finish though.