Do you envy other people?

*Amy*

Yeah, it happens to me too. I envy other people because they are able to have relationships, because they are more good-looking, because they are more self-confident, because they don't suffer the way I do... The list would be so long... There are too many things I don't have whereas other people do::(:

planemo

There's a song from Muse called Bliss, and the first two lines pretty much sum up how I feel about others.

Everything about you, is how I'd wanna be;
Your freedom comes naturally.

DespairSoul

Hey snowy,

Well im pretty much embarrased what im gonna write and admit (for me is very hard to admit myself that i really do that) that i envy people. I envy how they naturally talk i shops, in bus, restaurants just whereever what i see around like im only one who struggle about it. I feel so despair in those moments in my life if i see how im pathetic and envying those normal for someone easy parts of live and enjoying live. I dislike so much that i feel those way,i feel hate to myself in those moments,i envy how other people look good next to me and they are very self-confindent i feel like real loser. Im embarrased of myself that anxiety make person about wich i feel disgusted wich envy so simply things,how i dislike somoone feel better then me just envy could go very far and i think im on the edge with this feelings,this is one of reason i feel people read me like a book-damn i dont want feel envy this is why i feel the most depressed about Because be envy is for me a hell and still i do it and worse is that is seems on me so much. Careless,self-confident,natural able to be in public will stay my dream forever wich will be far far away. sigh::(:

“Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.”

JosephG

I'm feeling what nearly everyone here is saying.
Sometimes I just look around and look at people talking so effortlessly. About everything and anything. Thoughts just pop into their mind and they can make a conversation about it. I have rare moments like that...But then after that time I am completely drained... I then need to hibernate for a few years ;P
I envy them. They have so much fun, no worries. Life just rolls on for them. I imagine they actually look forward to seeing people in the morning. Looking forward to a conversation. I find it hard to see how you could look forward to a conversation.
I just wish I was free from this prison!

Kingdave

yeh u should just worry about urself.......for example do your own work and do it ur best and when you know your stuff u can be confident and speak about it because you know your stuff............its not gonna help you to wanna be anybody else. you can only be you. make you a better you. worry about yourself. the only way you can have alot going for you is if you think you do. charisma and stuff like that its made by you.........you decide you wanna be smart you do your work then your smart you decide you dont have confidence then you dont have confidence....your a human being, thats the start now make yourself a special person...........for watever reason you desire.
someone will be impressed with you, especially when your not tryna impress anyone. you have to impress yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! impress yourself!!!!!!!!!. after that everything will fall into place. theres a girl for every guy a guy for everygirl no rush. take care of urself.

oh yeh and you never know what that person goes through when they get home or what personal issues they have so you might be better off being yourself.

Last edited:

SweetCupcake

I'm becoming a bitter, jealous person because of SA, and I worry that one day I will just go crazy and kill everyone. If I'm still not in a relationship/have a job etc by the time I'm 22, I'm going to have to die. I cannot contiue seeing everyone else happy and growing, chaging whilst I'm stuck in exactly the same spot as I was when I was 6.

EscapeArtist

I can find something in everybody to envy. 500 pound man? Envy his humble-ness, rather be him, kind of thing. Most likely because I for some reason dont' see myself as a person. I envy everybody I can view as a person with definite characteristics. Bad habit indeed

emerald_star733

i envy people who have been born with a silver spoon in their mouths.. everything i have i have had to work hard for... education, work, things, etc. nothing has been given to me... i envy super models, victoria secret models make me feel so bad about myself as they are perfect... i envy people who have grown up with normal parents and had a normal childhood.. mine was horrible... i envy those that have it easy with work/society etc. and have what seems like zero issues.. where i have a lot.. so yes... i do envy other people... but.. i am also able to be grateful for what i do have...

supaflyz

I hate to say it but yes I do. Sometime I don't even realize it until I go home and think about it for awhile. I was raised a Catholic, so I know it's a sin if I envy other people. However, I can't help but notice that all these people are living a happy life. I don't know if its just the facade that is hiding their inner pain and stress, but that may only be true for some people. I sometime would feel sad walking around campus by myself and looking up to see others with their group of friends. Sometime I go to the library to study and see a couple cuddling on the corner. I look around and other people are enjoying their life laughing not really stressing about their academic life.
I also realized that you need a network of friends to be successful in college. I manage to do well working by myself and getting mostly all A's in my community college. When I transfer to a university that plan didn't work out to well. I manage to meet some friends that let me study with them. That was the only way I was able to make it through at the university majority of the time. They always seem to have hook ups on old exams or other people tutoring them.

I made it through 2 1/2 years at the university, and now I'm back at the community college. I just can't live with myself being a fake and trying to be friends with people I don't really get along with or talk behind my back. They did help me on my grades, but it's better to be yourself than pretending to be someone your not. They constantly make jokes abouth other girls or guys, calling them ugly and what not. I consider myself not to be all that either. Below average is my guess for my looks. I didn't took their jokes to be funny one bit. I remember one of the guys was daring another guy to go get this girl number. If he was successful he would set him up with one of his friend which the guy like. After he got her number they came back, and one of the girls was calling that girl ugly. I pretended to laugh along. However, it can only be so long before your conscious gets to you. Luckily I made the right decision. Life now isn't as exciting, but I managed to meet a few good friends here and there.

Last edited:
I'm becoming a bitter, jealous person because of SA, and I worry that one day I will just go crazy and kill everyone. If I'm still not in a relationship/have a job etc by the time I'm 22, I'm going to have to die. I cannot contiue seeing everyone else happy and growing, chaging whilst I'm stuck in exactly the same spot as I was when I was 6.

Often the more we want something, the further it is from our reach. We have to learn to let go of negative emotions, they can actually prevent us from being open to what the world has to offer.
:)

schist

I don't necessarily envy other people, though I do envy the fact that just about everyone else I know can make new friends like it was nothing.

Myself, on the other hand ...

this sounds exactly like me, minus the "kill everyone" part

The only person I have the urge to kill sometimes is myself.

LostLuna

I don't really feel envious, but I do feel very inferior to other people. I don't allow myself to get close to others or socialize for that reason.

Jannah

Banned

Feel the same way including the "going crazy and killing everyone", except I am giving myself until I am 30, or maybe a few years earlier.

Not only do I feel loads of jealousy but also contempt.

killing other people isn't the answer people!!

plus the memory of you will be tarnished FOREVER and you can't erase that.

While on the other hand people who have committed suicide are STILL HELD IN VERY HIGH REGARD by those who miss/remember the individual.

THINK ABOUT ITTTTTTTTTTT

do you really want to be remembered as a selfish person who took innocent people's lives?

Last edited:

coyote

but, Spike, if you have people in your life that hold you in high regard, and will miss you or remember you, why would you want to leave them?

or worse, cause them to suffer the emotional pain your death will put them through?

but, Spike, if you have people in your life that hold you in high regard, and will miss you or remember you, why would you want to leave them?

or worse, cause them to suffer the emotional pain your death will put them through?

lifes a b*tch isn't it?

they should have tried to make my life better if they cared that much

Feathers

Well, suicide or killing ppl doesn't solve anything, it just brings more pain to people around you, or us on this forum who would miss you... Life can still bring soo many beautiful things, even if at times it may not seem so... (Personal experience!! of things changing, even unexpectedly!!)

SweetCupcake, I can relate to some of the frustration and remember what it was like when I was younger... Trust me, not all those 'happy couples' survive many happy years together... Some do, some are freshly divorced by the time you'll be maybe happily in love with someone who you took time to get to know and might be with for a long long time?
Some of my friends met their boyfriends after 24 and they are soo happily married or partnered up... Some people meet significant others after 30 too, and have happy lives together... Yup, some have kids too...

It's good to be proactive and have eyes open, there are many books or articles you can read to help you with the art of flirting or communicating etc.

As for envy, intereasting thread... Yup, I have envied people too, some of them on this forum, or elsewhere... Some people are just soo beautiful, and talented, and 'not-undecided' and seem to 'have a clue' or 'have it all figured out' and have families and careers etc. There are always people who are more 'something' than we are, and others who might envy us... So maybe it helps to look at oneself 'in the middle', learning things, evolving...

Learning to communicate effectively in a wide range of topics and situations and be at ease with people is part of personal growth...
No baby is born like that, communication and a healthy way of thinking is something we learn...

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

Wouldn't want to be someone else, but want to improve. It would be nice to be able to relax. Some think i'm so calm, just (shy). Really, just anxious in a frozen state of mind with not a lot of movement. Until, i notice no one looking and i disappear >.>

Last edited: