Do you believe in God?

coyote

your assuming that everything that heppens is ment to happen, that there is not accidents, again that is a common mistake. Im not saying its wrong but to just assume it is kind of illogical

your mistake is making the assumption that I'm trying to be logical

or that the nature of the universe is logical

or can be explained with words

Kiwong

first of all, no, thats not the argument that I was refering to. Also francis creek the person who descovered DNA said that (using his estimation) the chance of life just happening due to random chemecal reactions is one in (the number of atoms in the universe)

Because the chances are high this is not evidence to suggest the existance of intelligent design/or an intelligent designer. That is matter of faith not science.

I've formed my opinion on these issues, many, many years ago. Based on reading the work of Michael Archer.

Archer, Michael. 1988. Squaring off Against Evolution; the Creationist Challenge. Confronting Creationism; Defending Darwin, Selkirk, D. R., and Burrows, F. J., eds. New South Wales University Press, Kensington, New South Wales, Australia, pp. 103-143.

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

you chose to be here, no one forced you. dont try to analyz what I said, it will take a LONG TIME to show you

I chose to be here...... Right. Well if that's the case, I think I'm going to choose not to any more. Oh wait, I really can do that! But for some reason it's so damn hard. And everyone urges me not to! Hmm.

If I had chosen to be here I would have been out of my mind at the time, because I wouldn't have if I knew my life would be like this.

Kiwong

But people into science and stuff are all about being "creatures of reason." They go around spouting about belief being inferior and stuff and then go ahead and give into biology.

They're not about suggesting belief is inferior, they are concerned with belief being confused as science.

coyote

and I never said it can be explained with words, but it can be explained to a human being

it can be experienced directly, but not explained to you by someone else

just curious - how else would you explain it to a human without using words?

Lea

Banned
If someone asks you this question, ask: "What do you mean by God", because everyone understands by "God" something else, so this discussion seems to me quite pointless..

coyote

If someone asks you this question, ask: "What do you mean by God", because everyone understands by "God" something else, so this discussion seems to me quite pointless..

i totally agree

but then again, pointless discussions are my favorite kind

MrJones

I'm searching for a "Like" button, but I can't find it

Pookah

Well apart from the fact that making babies is fun ;) isn't it better to be alive even for a brief time before being wiped from existence, rather than never existing in the first place?

I would rather have never been put in the position to lament life. To be made fearful.

you chose to be here, no one forced you. dont try to analyz what I said, it will take a LONG TIME to show you

Sorry I don't believe that at all, its fine if you do, but I do not and hence I am not comforted.

coyote

I'm searching for a "Like" button, but I can't find it

picture.php