Do any of you sing?

Island_chic

Does anyone sing or take voice lessons? I know there are a few of you! :D

Here's my story:

Okay....so I've been singing and taking vocal lessons for about 9-10 months and well my teacher says she is giving me a solo for practice. She said her adult students will be doing something together...(I guess maybe a shared exercise of some sort for each other. She says it is not a recital. BUT there will be a recital this year...I think in a few months which is scary! My mom is scared too haha because she takes lessons as well. My stepdad sings in the choir but he is not scared of anything. It makes everything a lot easier having the support system of my family. I feel a lot more comfortable and pretty happy this way.

I do better if I can look at my music and read it while singing that gives me something to focus on when there is only 2 or 3 singing in a group of about 21. I sang a line Sunday with only like 3 or 4 people. I was the only high soprano on that line. The others had different parts. The medicine helps me.

Now it looks like I will have to sing a whole song for a few of my fellow choir members/students vise versa. I am mostly okay I think because I know them pretty well and feel comfortable singing around them. I just hope I can make it through the whole song!!
My teacher didn't tell me when we are going to have this when I asked her. She is trying to get me ready I do know that. I think this practice session with the others will help me for when I prepare to do an actual solo. Ninety-nine percent of her adult students sing in the choir so like I was saying I should be able to do it even if I have some nerves going on.

I will be singing "Over the Rainbow" from the Wizard of Oz

Last edited:

johnny 85

hmm, i was told i was a good singer just last weekend , i never thought i was tbh but hey, if they said it , i defo wont be disagreeing with them :rolleyes: !

oop, sry. i did nt see the rest of ur mg. is there any chance u can post urself singing that song ???

Last edited:

garry29

I sing like a canary but only when I'm watching the sopranos :D No, I can't sing at all. I mostly listen to electronic music so I rarely get the urge to sing.

mrb

i sing sometimes at work :) when im happy but my mate tell me to shut up cos apparently it sounds like a cat being tortured :eek: charming isnt he :eek:

BlackKids

I love to sing. I have a terrible voice but hell I love doing it so BLAH. Sing when I'm in a good mood, in the shower, when I'm playing any instrument.
I love singing in my car. Today I was backup singing, I was cycling and had my iPod on :) Fun

All the best for your singing. Its a great feeling dealing with your anxieties. You should be very proud :)

Last edited:

Pookah

I was in chorus during high school. Sang in groups and solos in talent shows. It is somewhat therapeutic towards SA.

Island_chic

i sing sometimes at work :) when im happy but my mate tell me to shut up cos apparently it sounds like a cat being tortured :eek: charming isnt he :eek:
haha I sounded like a cat when I started singing...I think most people do unfortunately. You have to learn how to get in tune along with holding your breathe the right way.

Island_chic

I love to sing. I have a terrible voice but hell I love doing it so BLAH. Sing when I'm in a good mood, in the shower, when I'm playing any instrument.
I love singing in my car. Today I was backup singing, I was cycling and had my iPod on :) Fun

All the best for your singing. Its a great feeling dealing with your anxieties. You should be very proud :)
Thank you very much! I sang all my life at home like you said in the car and around the house. It's fun to do even if your alone at home!

lunarla

Heh, I sing a little bit! Mostly for myself, really. I was in choir in elementary school, but other than that I don't have a wholeee lot of experience. Good luck with your performance!

I have a gruff voice so I don't really sing much. Someone (a choir person) also tell me that I should never ever sing in my whole life.

Kat

I have a gruff voice so I don't really sing much. Someone (a choir person) also tell me that I should never ever sing in my whole life.

Someone said that same thing to my pop, his mum (my great nan) was a singer so they assumed he could sing as well. Haha. He was a good whistler.

I, use to sing when I was younger and have been in choirs at school, but other than that, it’s something I try not to do, I even mimic singing happy birthday.

And good luck with yours, I am sure you will do well. :)

xxaimsxx

I love singing and playing the guitar. Its good therapy i reckon. :)
I did post an advert on a website if anyone was looking for a guitarist or singer in a band and i got a reply but then chickened out of it. My fault!

Haha, I only sing in the car by myself at times. My singing is so bad I feel it's horribly to expose others to it. Besides my lack of correct lyrical knowledge, my voice isn't exactly of a sing son quality :)