Describe the area where you live

mikebird

Banned
Well...
Thanks for asking

It's very central south of England. South East. When I moved to town in 1994, I didn't even know where London was. I was surprised it's just 40 miles east. 75 miles west by road or rail is where all my family are. The river comes from a spring where I lived, and then through London to the coast. We have a big windmill here. Good to see it spinning on a windy day when leaving or returning. Some trees. I like proper countryside. That's more in Wales.

It takes a lot to get to get to the coast from here, but the country's primary airport is closer than London, so getting somewhere new would be nice. I don't think it'll happen, since 2006. I need to make an earning

coyote

met a woman today from the Lake District in england

i could tell she wasn't from around here from her accent

she said it was the third year she's visited this area

and she absolutely loves it here

hidwell

On my street, it looks pretty much like any lower midclass neighbourhood. I know almos all my neighbours but i dont hang out or do anything with them, but say hello in passing and such.

In front of my house theres a giant pine tree. I love to throw scraps of bread into the yard so the squirrells and birds come and get it, and it drives my cats banana's being at the window. Cat TV :).

I dont have a driveway, just park on the street. Nobody owns anything too new here. These houses were all built in the late 60's. Everybody both sticks to their own but watchs out for one another too. Across the street is a big scary biker guy. Lots of tatoo's piercings, 6'7, built like a brick sh** house, and he owns 3 or 4 harley's. But hes also one of the nicest people ive met, has 2 little girls hes very proud of, and he a very gentle giant. Hes also sort of the neighbourhood enforcer, once when one of the girls who lives here had kicked her BF out, he was trying to beak into her place and said giant biker neighbour quickly cured said ex BF of that inclination. Of course when the cops showed up nobody said they saw anything ;). Broad daylight!.

Sometimes ill be working on my truck and some of the neighbourhood men will come aroudn, see what im up to, ask if i need any tools or if i need help. I usually say thanks but im ok. At christmas and thanksgiving, they know its just my dad, my wife and me in the house. They usually almost always have their kids run us over some freshly cooked dinner. Just a sense of community without the constant social engagements.

Easier way of living.

Sometimes if you get up early enough, you can catch deer in our street. They arent afraid of us at all but then again also keep their distance.

A provincial park/forest is only a 5 minute drive from my house. And its a nice escape. When you go in you forget your in the heart of a big city. I need that. I love to escape to nature, just sit on a bench by the creek, listen to the water, the birds, sit very still and see if i spot any deer. Once, i stayed VERY still and i had a lynx walk up and smell me. I wanted to pet it (big kitty!) but didnt dare, wild animal, big cat = hospital visit probably followed by rabies shots, LOL. It moved on.

COyotes are another frequent sight here. They dont bother anyone, but im always super dilligent about making sure my kitties are inside. I love them and would just die if one of them fell prey to a coyote.

The city train line is also only a 15 minute walk from my place. You can hope on the train and be anywhere in the city in roughly an hour, maybe a little more. Easy to get around if you dont feel like driving.

Thats about all i can think to add for right now.

Thanks for sharing.:)

this_portrait

I live one building over from Lake Michigan on the north side of Chicago. My street is rather nice and quiet, with a cul-de-sac at the end of it, a beach around the corner (technically my "backyard"), and the campus of my alma mater right across the street. It's rather quiet and peaceful, but you can still hear faint sirens and horns from the busy street a couple blocks down.

Foxface

Small town, surrounded by green scenery and mountains, on an island with lots of wild life and a gaint rain cloud hovers above it all, consistently pouring 80 % of the time. That yellow ball in the sky( known as the sun as I recall) is a rare sight to see here.

Nice, and you live in Canada. I like Canada, I like the the forest and stuff.

There is this highway I like to drive on called 311 or 317. I forget which one. Anyway, it is the one that goes from Halifax to bridgewater. It is mostly trees but the scenary is very nice.

psych

A town acting like a city of it's own. About 40 minutes from a real city... Built all around textile mill canals... The textile business here gone since early 1900's.
The mountains and the beach are within driving distance. There is cheap seafood to be found, & Americanized Chinese food is in abundance.
& People pronounce things funny, dropping r's & adding an extra ahhh sound.

I live in a big City (Toronto Ontario Canada). What can I say? The area I live in is poor. I live in a town house complex and a few years ago there were drug dealers living here until they got kicked out. There was also a a shady barber shop that people also used to sell heavy drugs to crack addicts and marijuana users. That got shut down too when someone called the police. There's also another housing complex down the street that's famous for being territory to blood gang members. The area isn't actually that bad, despite all this. I just keep to myself and nothing bad ever really happens here anymore. Way better than a lot of other areas in this city.

Agent_Violet

I live in a very woodsy area that is about 30 mins from a major city. It's beautiful here. Lots of lush,green trees and pretty fields. A large amount of farmland...lots of horses too. I never have to go far to take a hike on a pretty trail.

The summers are hot and the winters are cold:D Spring is absolutely beautiful and autumn is lovely.

I'm sure there are more beautiful places but I'm happy with where I am.

Foxface

I live in a very woodsy area that is about 30 mins from a major city. It's beautiful here. Lots of lush,green trees and pretty fields. A large amount of farmland...lots of horses too. I never have to go far to take a hike on a pretty trail.

The summers are hot and the winters are cold:D Spring is absolutely beautiful and autumn is lovely.

I'm sure there are more beautiful places but I'm happy with where I am.

Very nice, sounds beauitful. I want to live in the woods and by a lake, away from people, pretty much, with some acreas to go hiking and exploring clothesfree. I hate wearing clothes!

JRT

atm i live on a pretty horrible council estate, bought a house here 2 yrs ago.

I will be moving soon to a nicer area.

but yeah, just a lot of concrete round here, no grassy areas. Lots of litter about on the streets.

i can't wait to move!

Daniel089

I live in a building estate (lived here all my life), in the suburb of Budapest, a pretty quiet and "green" area.

recluse

I am surrounded by green, green fields, trees. Buzzards soar in the sky everywhere, woodpeckers rat a tat on the trees all day long, owls hoot at night, foxes scream. We are surrounded by beaches.

Labyrinthine

I live in a city that's close to the water. That's the nicest thing about it :D
The surrounding areas are flat. Farms are common.