Describe the area where you live

hidwell

I live in rural Tasmania surrounded by rolling hills and tree clad ridges, where eagles fly and pademelons hop around.

Foxface

Hard to discribe. Look up Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia, also Lower Sackville.

Google Maps should help.

Starry

I live in a village in Herefordshire, England... Just across the road from my living room window there are fields with cows in which I go walking in every day... (which would be lovely, if I weren't terrified of cows!... Well, scared that they'll trample me to death o_O...) All around there are views of farmland and wooded hills. It's quite lovely.

Phoenixx

Hills, lots of 'em, dirt roads, paved roads, potholes everywhere, lots of fields, woods, creeks, ponds, and barns, deer galore, sometimes bears, maybe sasquatch, lots of other little animals and birds, amish, amish, rednecks, farmers, more amish. Yeah, that basically sums it up.

emerald_star733

...Snow capped rocky mountains in every direction. It is summer so all the ground is a lush green and trees are in bloom with flower blossoms(it blooms later here, spring everywhere else but summer here due to the elevation) Deer at my window almost daily... rivers and waterfalls run through it.. picturesque... however, with this also comes grizzlies, cougars, wolves, etc.... :eek: After moving here i will never live in a city again... this place is quiet, beautiful, and brings me peace.

dyingtolive

cries..

u guys live in such beautiful places!

ok... here goes,
dark... grey.. cramped... walls, windows 3 feet across the neighbors' windows.
outside, grey street. traffic. dirt. garbage. noise. cockroaches.
well its not that bad...

id love to live in a nature area...

but how do u guys feel? do u ever feel there are bad sides of living where u live those of u who dont live in the city

Trees. Water. Bugs. Snooty rich people. Excessive heat. Lots of corn. Miles and miles of nothingness. A dried up river. No cell phone reception. The only traffic light for 30 miles. More corn. Soybeans. That one douche bag who drives a Hummer. Even more corn. Even more soybeans. And despite Illinois being one of the flattest states in America, my town is located in a giant hole. There is no way out that doesn't involve going up a big hill. When I tell people that my hometown is hilly, they think I'm either lying or on meth. Oh yeah, there's lots of meth, too. And corn. And squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons. And wolf spiders. Deer, lots of deer. Lots of Republicans.

emerald_star733

cries..

u guys live in such beautiful places!

ok... here goes,
dark... grey.. cramped... walls, windows 3 feet across the neighbors' windows.
outside, grey street. traffic. dirt. garbage. noise. cockroaches.
well its not that bad...

id love to live in a nature area...

but how do u guys feel? do u ever feel there are bad sides of living where u live those of u who dont live in the city

~hugs~ dyingtolive... I want to put flowers in your room! As for bad aspects of living in nature, definately... all the potential wildlife that can kill me!!(i am really scared of the grizzlies and cougars in the area. There is a high possibility of running into a grizz... cougars are more evasive, however, some hide under people's decks... ~shivers~ so at least you are safe!!:)

emerald_star733

Trees. Water. Bugs. Snooty rich people. Excessive heat. Lots of corn. Miles and miles of nothingness. A dried up river. No cell phone reception. The only traffic light for 30 miles. More corn. Soybeans. That one douche bag who drives a Hummer. Even more corn. Even more soybeans. And despite Illinois being one of the flattest states in America, my town is located in a giant hole. There is no way out that doesn't involve going up a big hill. When I tell people that my hometown is hilly, they think I'm either lying or on meth. Oh yeah, there's lots of meth, too. And corn. And squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons. And wolf spiders. Deer, lots of deer. Lots of Republicans.

I love corn!;)

Silatuyok

I live in a wooded oasis in the middle of a big city. It's a little triangle of land between a canal and a bend in the river. There's only two bridges to get in or out of the neighborhood, and people often wander in trying to pass through and get lost because they can't find their way out. We have animals in our little bermuda triangle that I didn't even know existed here. Wood ducks, foxes, herons, beaver, muskrats, orioles...it feels like we are permanently on vacation in our summer cottage in some secluded community. I love it here.
Go half a mile in any direction, and you're back in the big city, which is more like one humongous Midwestern suburb. Beyond that, refer to superfluouslyme's description of the surrounding countryside.

market.garden

I live in a smallish town about 30 minutes from London. We're surrounded by green fields, woods, little villages and open farmland on the way to London :)

coyote

i live in a tiny cottage in the woods at the edge of a small coastal resort village situated at the far end of an island connected to the mainland peninsula by a bridge - there are lush forests, sandy beaches, crystal clear water, rocky cliffs, deep protected harbors, beautiful sunsets, cool summer breezes, and abundant wildlife - this makes it an ideal tourist destination, so there are also great restaurants, thriving arts venues , an active music scene, and a good cosmopolitan mix of residents with a wider world view than you might otherwise find in such a small, remote community

i like it here

market.garden

i live in a tiny cottage in the woods at the edge of a small coastal resort village situated at the far end of an island connected to the mainland peninsula by a bridge - there are lush forests, sandy beaches, crystal clear water, rocky cliffs, deep protected harbors, beautiful sunsets, cool summer breezes, and abundant wildlife - this makes it an ideal tourist destination, so there are also great restaurants, thriving arts venues , an active music scene, and a good cosmopolitan mix of residents with a wider world view than you might otherwise find in such a small, remote community

i like it here

That does sound pretty idyllic.

Vampayah88

i like it here

Seriously?? I mean seriously??? *envious*

O'Killian

To get here, you drive about six miles out from the nearest town, passing a home or business with decreasing frequency. The pines are rather ubiquitous, and from this point on most homes are well off the highway (well, a farm and market road), sequestered away in their own neighborhood. Those that aren't are practically ranches.

There's 10 square acres, surrounded on the other three sides by trees. Though there are technically neighbors, it's easy enough to forget they exist (except in the winter; naked trees don't make such great cover). Three ponds, two barns, and a handsome brick house partially hidden by the makeshift earthen dike my father erected some years back when we realized just how often the water will raise precipitously high when there's not a drought. Though they can't be seen from the road, we also keep two modestly sized vegetable gardens - on the high ground, of course. A glorified natural drainage ditch runs across the property as well, and there's enough wooded area to provide some decent hiking trails.

Of course, as far as downsides go, the highway creates perpetual road noise, and it's always hot and humid here on the coastal plain. Summer sees the grass give up and die under the relentless onslaught of the daystar, and winter tends to be temperate. We're also just rural enough there's no cable services. Oh, and if it rains too much, a quarter of the property turns into a flood plain and half of it becomes a muddy slush - but that's infrequent (usually due to drought...)

Barring some catastrophe, I'll be in a college town before long. I'm not sure how I'll handle an urban environment, and though I've long shunned nature despite it being right off my patio all these years, I'm gonna miss being able to stroll through the field or through the thicket on a whim.

hidwell

...Snow capped rocky mountains in every direction. It is summer so all the ground is a lush green and trees are in bloom with flower blossoms(it blooms later here, spring everywhere else but summer here due to the elevation) Deer at my window almost daily... rivers and waterfalls run through it.. picturesque... however, with this also comes grizzlies, cougars, wolves, etc.... :eek: After moving here i will never live in a city again... this place is quiet, beautiful, and brings me peace.

That really does sound like paradise :)