December Goals

Silatuyok

Fairly well, thank you for asking, Mikey.
I have been getting outside almost every day to spend time with the dog. I've also done a great job of avoiding junk food and soda, and I've been eating fresh fruits and veggies every day.
My exercise routine still needs some work, though I've been pretty good about doing yoga a few times each week. Last week I went running in bad shoes and got awful shin splints, so that has slowed me down some.
I haven't done a great job of spending less time online, but as you all know that is my #1 addiction and the hardest one to beat.

How is everyone else coming along?

Froggy246

I've given up smoking today, the winter solstice has always been a good day to introduce some new habits I've found.
I also bought a soup maker yesterday, it's the most amazing thing! Just chucked in half a bag of kale, a few chopped carrots, couple of stock cubes, water, then 21 minutes later a really tasty blended soup was ready!

Silatuyok

I've given up smoking today, the winter solstice has always been a good day to introduce some new habits I've found.
I also bought a soup maker yesterday, it's the most amazing thing! Just chucked in half a bag of kale, a few chopped carrots, couple of stock cubes, water, then 21 minutes later a really tasty blended soup was ready!

A soup maker! That sounds like heaven.

Huge props to you for giving up smoking. I think it's great that you are celebrating the solstice by starting out on a new, healthier life. Best of luck to you!

Froggy246

A soup maker! That sounds like heaven.

Huge props to you for giving up smoking. I think it's great that you are celebrating the solstice by starting out on a new, healthier life. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, you too! :) I'm hoping to follow your lead with a bit of morning or evening Qi Gong soon too.

Feathers

Great thread!

I'm starting to drink more water or herbal tea.
Go outside for a walk at least once a day (ideally).
Do EFT daily, on my worries and such.

Qi Gong - I wonder if it's worth learning?

YAY for everyone doing your goals bravely! (even when it's cold outside!)
Froggy, props for giving up smoking, you ROCK! :)

MikeyC

Fairly well, thank you for asking, Mikey.
I have been getting outside almost every day to spend time with the dog. I've also done a great job of avoiding junk food and soda, and I've been eating fresh fruits and veggies every day.
My exercise routine still needs some work, though I've been pretty good about doing yoga a few times each week. Last week I went running in bad shoes and got awful shin splints, so that has slowed me down some.
I haven't done a great job of spending less time online, but as you all know that is my #1 addiction and the hardest one to beat.
You're welcome. :)

You sound like you're doing really well with all of this, Marie. I do remember that Internet addiction is a difficult one to break for you, but I think that if you keep working on it, you'll get there with it. Unfortunately, we do need the Internet these days for shopping, banking, communication, and so on. Persevere and I know you'll beat it. :thumbup:

Eating fresh fruit and vegetables, while avoiding junk food and soda, must be giving you some great energy. No wonder you're wanting to go outside with your dog now!

Great work on all these achievements, Marie. :perfect:

Kiwong

I'm planning on getting a photo of a frog printed and framed to give to my niece. Of all the people in my life she has been the most supportive. Then I will plan on visiting her and giving her the photo. She loves frogs and she used to have frogs in a pond where she used to live. She showed me her frogs when I went to visit.

AGR

Dont have any specific goals,just to become a better person and at least try to do my part in making the world a better place.

More generalised goals,study japanese,study english and later when I am proficient in those maybe Spanish(which is easier since Spanish and Portuguese are somewhat similar),pick up more hobbies to get me out of the house and I think thats it.
Dont have any date to complete those,if you set a date if you cant accomplish this in the said date,you will just get depressed and frustrated,so to me its a life long goal.