December Goals

Silatuyok

In an effort to work my way up to new year's resolutions, I'm going to set some December goals for myself. What are yours?

1. Get back to eating healthier and avoiding junk foods.
2. Get more exercise.
3. Spend time outside every day with my dog. He's going stir-crazy in this cold weather.
4. Spend less time online.

MikeyC

Good luck with these goals, Marie! I'm sure you'll do them, as you have done so in the past. :)

Ithior

1. Spend more time outside.
2. Look for a part time job (I have to at least send one curriculum somewhere, which I haven't had the balls to do yet...)

Ah, yes, spending more time outside... That's a good goal. I think people usually think of the obvious ones, like more exercise, eating better, quit smoking, drink more water, etc., but going outside... I don't do that enough. I try to. It's hard when it gets dark at 3:30 pm :/

My December goals would be...

1) Reach a point where I am working out consistently, at least 5 times a week. 6 times or every day is my ultimate goal, but for this month at least 5 days a week.

2) Keep my diet clean. Make it cleaner.

3) Learn new veggie-based recipes; I'm getting really sick of the same old healthy stuff and it causes me to give in to the temptation to eat junk for something novel.

4) Learn to sew. Again. I forgot! :shyness:

5) Practice guitar again consistently.

6) Get all my transfer stuff taken care of for next fall.

I think that's it...

Good luck with your goals, everyone! :thumbup:

Kiwong

Good luck with your goals Marie.

My main objective is Christmas Holiday! Would be so nice

I've go to get running some more, I have been having a break.

Take heaps of photos, write some more of my plant book.

Last edited:
1 Ditch this head cold
2 Buy Christmas tree
3 Keep the water pipes from freezing
4 Get the wife an awesome Christmas present(s)

Silatuyok

How are the goals coming along?
I found that getting up 90 minutes earlier gives me time to do yoga, play with my dog for a bit, spend just a small amount of time online, and get together some healthy eats for the day. It's been working really well so far!

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Expectation:

- Keep my diet to reach desired weight.
- Be chill.
- Draw more.
- Try to sell more art.

Reality:

- Eats like a pig.
- Breaks the house
- Has an artist block.
- Lives under a bridge.

Ithior

1. Spend more time outside.
2. Look for a part time job (I have to at least send one curriculum somewhere, which I haven't had the balls to do yet...)

1. Already got my bike ready to be on the street.
2. Might have found a good internship.

coyote

I found that getting up 90 minutes earlier gives me time to do yoga, play with my dog for a bit, spend just a small amount of time online, and get together some healthy eats for the day. It's been working really well so far!

i bought a pair of socks

they're pink

Ithior

That's awesome! Is it a paid internship? Those are the best. :)

It's not stated. I was looking at it again and it says that it's aimed at finalists of the degree (the guys doing their last year of the bachelor), and I already finished it, so they'll probably reject my application. I wonder if I should even bother sending it...

Courtney27S

This is a great idea for a thread! Goals are always great for motivation :)

1) Go to bed earlier
2) Wake up before breakfast becomes lunch :eek:h:
3) Write a new poem or get an idea for one every single day
4) Spend less time online
5) Spend more time with my pets
6) Volunteer at least once a week
7) Read at least one book this month

:thinking: Yeah, I think that's pretty doable

Ithior

Updating my goals, whether to make them more detailed or add new ones and remove others.

1. Spend more time outside - changing this one to going around my city and the one next to it on my bike (I live in the border of them). I will also be looking for a shop that can do the maintenance of my bike or teach me how to do it myself.

2. Get a better diet - I'll create some sort of diet plan to follow that is healthier, can help me gain some weight and that'll help with my anxiety. Might have to visit a nutritionist. While reading Courtney's post I also realised that following this plan will also involve waking up at decent hours...

3. While reading Courtney's post I also realised that I've been having some really weird and cool dreams lately, I think it could be nice if I wrote short stories based on those dreams. I'll probably write it in portuguese, I'm starting to lose vocabulary since everything I read is in english.

4. Looking for a part time job - I might drop this one for now. I'll try to look for some volunteer work maybe, though I'm not sure where to look or what I could do.

MikeyC

As long as you're still getting enough sleep, this is really cool. :)

Silatuyok

I hope you do well this month. I've made goals...Idk how to keep them :(

Start small. Work every day toward developing a new healthy habit. If you slip up one day, don't give up entirely. Try again the next day. Reward yourself for meeting each day's goals. Write down your goals and keep it with you to remind you. Think about why you want to accomplish those goals, and always keep those reasons in mind.

jaim38

Goals:

1) Get this last presentation over with, and not pass out in class while doing it
2) pass my classes
3) enjoy the holidays!