Come inside for free chocolate!

gummybear22

i have a friend from here who does second life too! why would vinny d go on there. he's got too many muscles for an online world, right? well, i guess maybe he needs to give them a break at some point, and what better way than sitting in front of a computer with your brain doing things and your eyes start bein like this @_@

you talk a good bit about your awesome accent, so how bout linkin us a clip so we know just how positively smashing it is?

Zackarydoo

Seems odd that Vin would use it but oh well, I guess he had his reasons. I think he wanted to escape the real world sometimes. He often didn't use SL as he was off doing promotions and whatever else. He used others too but I never used any others. I did have proof it was really him by the way and got to know him a little outside SL.

It isn't me who thinks I have a nice accent, but other people. Well American women at least. I really don't like the way my voice sounds at all so I'm a bit nervous broadcasting myself on here. What if everyone hates it?

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

gummybear22

what if everyone falls over dead because it was the sonic boom of doom? what if i sent you live caterpillars in the mail because i loved your voice so much? if someone hates it, he/she can shove off into the merry sea. i'm looking forward to hearing it.

nodejesque

It's early morning for me and time for a sensible post. :) For anyone new to this thread, this is my diary (or journal if you're American). I just wanted to point that out as there is a link here on the home page so people may not realise (as was possibly the case yesterday!) what this thread is all about, and what section of the forums it is in. I'm actually really chuffed that this thread is or was number 1 in the top weekly threads list. :) I have a feeling that this entry is going to be a little dull compared to some. It's too early to have a sense of humour! I'm writing it my phone though so going slow, so it won't be so early by the time I've finished it.

I'm enjoying using these forums since I rediscovered them recently. Like with all forums, there are a few people I've come across who are only out to cause trouble. In the past I would tell them what I think and try to do it in a non-argumentative way, which would somehow always still lead to an argument! I have done that a little recently but mostly I've kept my gob shut. However annoying and rude some people are, I know it's better to let them get on with it and not sick my nose in. If these people were to write their nasty posts in a thread I had started then I would probably say something still. Without wanting to give away who I might be talking about, someone new to the forums is worrying me going by some of his first posts. Some have already been removed, thank goodness, and I'm sure more will be soon too. I'll do my best to bite my tongue! Why can't everyone by kind and decent to others and accept their fellow forum buddies the way they are?

What's that stink? Hmmmm.... maybe my bedding needs changing! But I changed it last year for goodness sake. It really needs doing AGAIN? I need to hire a maid to do this sort of thing for me. Applications can be made to this thread. Just note one important thing though - You ain't getting paid! I'm an awesome British guy with a sexy accent - Isn't that enough payment for you?

Back to being serious. Well I was being actually in a way! I just don't think anyone would actually want to be my maid. Hehehe. Talking of women doing things for free for men, it reminds me of something that happened to me once. I was walking around this island just exploring, not being sure where I was. All of a sudden, this girl came up to me, kneeled down, revealed her breasts to me and said something similar to, "What can I do for you master". I didn't know what to say but was fascinated to spreak to her, so I asked what she was doing there and where exactly I was too. In all her sentences she would call me master or sir and I kept telling her that there was no need to say those things to me. Oh didn't I mention that I was in the online virtual world, "Second Life"? Sorry, my bad. *giggles* Oh no, this wasn't real! What sort of places do you think I hang out at?! Second Life is like an online multiuser game, although it's a lot more than a game to most people. It's like a different life where you can have friends, a job, a partner, a house, and all the things you have in real life. Everyone has an avatar and you can make it look any way you wish. I haven't used it for months but used to go on there for hours every day. It's a good way to escape real life and find friends that you don't have in real life. Your friends there are still real people of course and I had contact with a few people away from Second Life too. Many years ago I even met a girl from there and we had a 3 week relationship! She was a bit loopy so it didn't last. I did also meet the real Vin Diesel in Second Life and we used to chat in Yahoo messenger too. I was even his best man at his Second Life wedding! Vin (it's Mark really) is well known as being into virtual worlds, not only SL.

Anyway, I've been thinking about going back on SL again. I really need a way to have more contact with people. I have managed to start writing to a few new people lately though so I may not use it again, I'm not sure yet. Believe it or not, it's almost as hard meeting people there as it is meeting people in real life! People are just as critical about what you look like too. At least it's easy there to change your looks. You can get completely different hair and a new body shape with a few button clicks.

I feel like I'm mumbling about nothing so I'll end this diary entry here. Have a great Friday everyone.

Lol... your post made me laugh. I've never tried a virtual life.... seems interesting. I might look into it:)

Zackarydoo

Thank you, I'm glad I managed to make you laugh. :)

Be wary of virtual worlds as they are all too real and the same emotions are involved as in the real world. I would also not go near them if you have a partner already. You will find it impossible not to at least flirt with people or more, and then you are bound to get into the situation where you think you haven't cheated, because "it wasn't real" but your partner thinks you have because "real emotions were involved". It's an extremely slippery slope.

Now I've scared you away, give it a go and I hope you enjoy it! *giggles* I recommend Second Life as the best and most active and versatile, and most like real life, and free initially but to look your best you'll need to spend a little bit. If you're into online gaming though then maybe try World of Warcraft. I think that has a monthly fee.

When you've had your first emotionally draining experience (I'll give it a day!) come back and let me know. :)

______

nodejesque

I've actually never really played online games.... and now with wht you've described, it seems terrifying lol. I might not be ready for all that.. lol.

Zackarydoo

what if everyone falls over dead because it was the sonic boom of doom? what if i sent you live caterpillars in the mail because i loved your voice so much? if someone hates it, he/she can shove off into the merry sea. i'm looking forward to hearing it.

You are right that my voice is very likely to have extreme effects like that. Possibly even worse. I don't think you'll be sending me caterpillars, more like lions that your have squashed into the size of an envelop, that will explode once they reach me.

The only way I can think of to let you hear my voice is to do a youtube video and put the link here. I really am very shy about it but I'll think about it. I'm just nervous that you'll all think "yuk he sounds terrible!". I personally think I do.

______

Zackarydoo

I've actually never really played online games.... and now with wht you've described, it seems terrifying lol. I might not be ready for all that.. lol.

*Whoops* I'm sorry! Hehehe. Ok put it this way, I'll simplify my advice. As you've never played online games, it might be best to stay away from World of Warcraft and other similar ones. So I would suggest that if you are single, try Second Life. If you have a partner, stay away. :)

I'm sure that a lot of people won't agree with me though. That's just my own experiences of SL, and it's based on using it for several years and talking to lots of people there.

______

Steiner

*Whoops* I'm sorry! Hehehe. Ok put it this way, I'll simplify my advice. As you've never played online games, it might be best to stay away from World of Warcraft and other similar ones. So I would suggest that if you are single, try Second Life. If you have a partner, stay away. :)

I'm sure that a lot of people won't agree with me though. That's just my own experiences of SL, and it's based on using it for several years and talking to lots of people there.

______

I've played a lot of online games. I never communicated on them though so I would probably flop on 2nd Life, since it sounds more like an mmo for the chat/socializing function of it rather than the gameplay.

Zackarydoo

I've played a lot of online games. I never communicated on them though so I would probably flop on 2nd Life, since it sounds more like an mmo for the chat/socializing function of it rather than the gameplay.

You're right, it is. Although it's what you make it really. You start out with a fairly plain avatar, and you take it from there. So you can mix with others if you want to, or just stay on your own if you want, or go near people but not speak to them. Sometimes I used to go to a club with music I liked and sit there listening and watching everyone else dancing away. You can buy land, buy or build a house, chat to the neighbours or just keep yourself to yourself.

There are some amazing places to visit there, but it does get a bit boring if you don't mix with anyone at all. Now and then people will speak to you, and that's how I used to make friends. You can chat in groups too so just make the odd comment (typing or voice) so when you're nervous, that's a good way to slowly get used to people.

Zackarydoo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n4TgemDf-YI/UAWW4O7NesI/AAAAAAAAEdk/60d85CmjvL0/s400/cute-lion-cubs-5.jpg he is bawling because he wants to hear your voice so much!
http://www.catsdo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cutelioncubzoo.jpg he is trying the cute approach to make you post your voice
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmfq9wglOK1qi4ucgo1_500.jpg he's gonna keep biting til he hears your voice!

Arrrr!!!! Now I feel so guilty. That poor ickle thing, putting on the cute faces! Ok ok ok, I'll upload something! :giggle:

I was going to record just me speaking with no video, but I'm feeling very anxious about it so I thought I'd record a video instead! Makes sense, don't you think? Hehehe. I'm obviously far too scared to upload a sensible video of me just sitting here, but I found a video I made of myself a while ago being stupid. I thought that I would show you that instead. It lets you hear my voice but also, unfortunately, shows my face...but the rest of me is covered up, so that helps. I'll post a link soon.

i had tried SL, i had fun making my person but then i had no clue where i should go or how i can choose a new outfit and hair, so i kind of just logged out. XD

It's hard to know what to do at first, and I remember really struggling. There are people around once you're online that will help, if you're brave enough to ask around.

Zackarydoo

I can't believe I'm doing this, I really can't.

Oh and just in case you think I really look like that - I don't, it is a camera trick. Just making sure nobody thinks I look THAT bad! It's happened before. :)

Should I delete it? If someone watches and thinks it's stupid, please say something and I'll delete it. I only put it there so you can hear my accent, and I happened to have that video that I made a while ago.

A sensible few minutes - YouTube

Last edited:

gummybear22

about halfway in i noticed it was a shirt, not a blanket, that was coverin you lol
your accent sounds like a cockney brit! i didn't expect that lol
do you prefer peanut brittle or chocolate fudge?

Zackarydoo

about halfway in i noticed it was a shirt, not a blanket, that was coverin you lol
your accent sounds like a cockney brit! i didn't expect that lol
do you prefer peanut brittle or chocolate fudge?

Is it too stupid or is it funny? Loads of people have looked but nobody will tell me. I feel so embarrassed.

I am from South London kinda area but nothing like chockny. If you heard chockny you'd see what I meant. :)

Defo chocolate fudge or just plain chocolate.

______