Come inside for free chocolate!

I'm just playing. I can't eat chocolate anyway I'm lactose intolerant. But I will have a rib eye steak, rare, with a baked potato and a glass of beer.

Zackarydoo

I'm just playing. I can't eat chocolate anyway I'm lactose intolerant. But I will have a rib eye steak, rare, with a baked potato and a glass of beer.

Ok sure, it's on it's way! *giggles*

I'm glad my new thread title has attracted some attention! :bigsmile: :thumbup:

gummybear22

a rare steak OO__OO i get mine well done, and if i can detect any pink in it, it's gonna get cooked longer til it is well done. i've sent back a good many while in restaurants, which some might think is on the snobby side, but i'm not eating stuff with blood in it. yUck!! i don't make a huge kerfuffle over the incident but i dO get tired of folks not cooking my steak or pork or anything else all the way. maybe i should just switch to marshmallows, though i do prefer them roasted :p

Zackarydoo

The forums are back online! I thought they'd gone forever. Thanks for paying your hosting fees guys so us lots can chat again. :)

Gummybear -,I agree with you! I never eat meat with red or uncooked bits on either.

There is lots I'd like to write here to update my blog/diary/journal, or whatever this is, but it's after midnight and I'm writing on my phone so this is hard work. Maybe I'll update it tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

Zackarydoo

It's been a few days since I wrote more than a few short comments. Of course I don't blame it on the fact that these forums didn't renew their contract with Godaddy! *grin* I recently put my own website up and considered using Godaddy but ended up with someone else. I haven't had any problems with who I chose but I've looked on their forums and it's like a ghost town. Barely any posts for weeks. I'd almost prefer having a few issues with the service and busy forums!

A few days ago I was using a penpals website and I found a few people to talk to. I really hit it off with one of them in particular. She was a fair bit younger than me but not too young (she was 30 and I'm 44), she lived near London which isn't down the road but it's only one train ride away. She was very similar to me in almost every way and from the start we understood each other. It was the first time I'd started getting to know someone who I had a really good feeling about for a long long time. I still had a feeling that it wouldn't last though because these things never do for me. I still tried being positive and forward and not give any clue that I had serious doubts, and it was going really well. Then a subject came up in our letters that was a big worry for me, which was one her serious interests. I won't say what this interest was because I don't want to get into a debate with anyone here about it. I'll just say that this thing was more than a casual interest for her and she made it clear that it was a BIG part of her life. I was hoping she would tell me it was a casual interest, in which case I'd put up with it, but it was far more serious for her. This particular thing is something very serious and it is something I have a serious problem with. Please don't anyone tell me that I should accept other people's interests and hobbies because it was a lot more than that. I'll give an example. Let's just assume for a moment that her interest was to meet up in groups and go around breaking into people's homes and kidnapping people. Well most people wouldn't accept that from a potential partner and wouldn't want to know that person, right? Well the thing that she is into is just as bad in MY mind. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with it and neither does a friend of mine I discussed it with. I know something about it though that I don't want to get into with her or anyone else, and I know how bad what she does is. It is very wrong at the worst level possible and there is no way I could ever be close to someone who gets into such things beyond just a fascination or interest. So I had no choice but to stop my communication with her before I got closer. It's a huge shame but I didn't have any choice.

There is someone else I've started to write to who I've noticed in her profile on the site where we met has put this thing as an interest! Oh boy. I just won't bring it up and if she doesn't too, it'll mean it isn't something too serious to her. She is also into astrology and I can't stand all that mumbo jumbo. I hope that subject never comes up either because if it does I'll tell her what I think of it. I'm able to totally disprove it all but when I've done that in discussions with people before, the facts I know that disprove it all (apart from the fact that it's pure logic what a load of nonsense it is), people choose to ignore the facts. If she's just a little interested then that's cool with me. This person isn't local, not even in the same country, so it's only going to be a friendship rather than having potential for more like with the other person.

So where are all the American women on here then who want to hear my sexy British accent? Why aren't you all hammering at my private message inbox desperate to hear me say a few words? *giggles*

I guess this has been a bit serious hasn't it? I'll try and find my sense of humour next time. Have a great day everyone. :)

Last edited:

gummybear22

the funniest person in the world to me is karl pilkington. i hope you know of him and have listened to him. if not, YOUTUBE!!!!
for those of you who have not heard of him before, he isn't a comedian. he's just bein real, and he's hilarious.
this is relevant to this thread because karl is also british.
i tried inserting a clip but it said it wouldn't work

nodejesque

I enjoyed reading your thread..... very funny:) and I also enjoyed viewing your photography, very beautiful.

Zackarydoo

Gummybear - I saw before you edited your post that you mentioned Little Britain. I cannot bear that show! Or was it Matt Lucas? Same thing. Hehe. I can't bare Matt Lucas, David Wollyhams or anything they are in. They think they're funny but to me their humour is only suitable for children.

I'm not sure who Karl Pilkington is so let me just look him up....Arrr it's HIM! Oh wait a sec - Who is he? I've seen him before but can't think what he's like. I know I could look him up on YouTube, but I'm busy preparing free chocolate for my customers, and surely that has to come first, right?

On that note, Nodejesque - Thank so you much for your compliment on my photos, and for saying you found the thread funny. Always means lots to be told that. :) Clearly you might only have said that to get extra chocolate, but that's ok, you deserve it. :) So as a reward, I won't only give you free chocolate but I'll give you Gummybear's portion too! *giggles*

Ok ok I'm just kidding Gummybear, don't stress, your portion will be with you soon. :)

SoScared

Yeah, funny thread for sure. It’s the way you’re writing style complements your tomfoolery that is so rewarding. The words just fly off the page making it such an easy read. Reminds me of Tom Sharpe.

Zackarydoo

I just looked for a photo that I emailed to a couple of people the other day, which I thought I'd put here for a laugh. Well I just found it and....OH MY GOODNESS! I sent it from my phone and had NO IDEA just how massive it is. Now I'm at my PC it's really big. It's of me doing something and it shows my face in every detail and I look TERRIBLE!!! How embarrassing. I only sent it to my Sister and a friend, so now I have to compose some sort of lie to them to get myself out of it, and make them believe it wasn't really me! Let me think.....

--------
Dear Sister and Friend,

I recently emailed you a photo that APPEARED to be of me doing something silly to make you laugh. Well I have just realised, much to my shock, that some kinda virus had infected my phone, and it changed the photo! Can you believe that? It made my face look really bad, put yukky bits all over it, and made my hand look disgusting. I can't believe someone would create a phone virus to do such a nasty thing! I just wanted to let you know that I don't really look like that.

Lots of love from the amazingly honest and sincere,
Geoff.
----------

There, that should do it, don't you think? :giggle:

Zackarydoo

Yeah, funny thread for sure. It’s the way you’re writing style complements your tomfoolery that is so rewarding. The words just fly off the page making it such an easy read. Reminds me of Tom Sharpe.

I'm honestly very flattered, I really am, thank you so much! *big massive smile*

Gives you TRIPLE free chocolate!!!

Zackarydoo

Have you ever considered the number of different meanings there can sometimes be for the same word? Let me pick a word out of the blue.....errrrmmmm.....Oh I know one. It just came to me, totally unplanned and at random: "Bogey".

Meaning 1: A crustation of mucas situated in the nostrils.

Meaning 2: A collection of wheels situated underneath a railway carriage.

Meaning 3: Slang term for the enemy.

Meaning 4: A score in the game of golf.

I'm so tired. Does it show? I'm not even sure if I should send this!

Time to sleep. Wish I had someone to cuddle. :(

Goodnight. Zzzzzzzzzz.

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

gummybear22

lol i took crustation as crustacean http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37908/875420-mr_krabs_1_.jpg

no, the clip i attached wasn't of that stuff you said you thought it was. it was of ricky gervais, steve merchant, and karl pilkington talking about random stuff. but when i did the thing, it said it didn't allow itself to be embedded (but in less gummybearesque terms)

you know what goes good with chocolate? marshmallows, graham crackers, a fire, and a coat hanger (unpainted metal kind--> marshmallow roaster). that will complete my order from Geoff's Chocolate Emporium and Other Stuff. :D

Zackarydoo

Oh I'm sorry Gummybear, I always mix up Ricky Gervais with those other people I mentioned. When I read Ricky Gervais, all those other names rushed into my head and they were all going up and down millions of electrical pathways in my brain and feeding my mouth with confusing and incorrect information! I have the same feelings about Ricky Gervais as the others I mentioned I'm afraid, as they've all worked together. He just comes across as a silly child entertainer more than an adult comedian. Don't worry, I know my opinion is in the huge minority.

The last time I had marshmallows (also known as marshmellons to Captain Kirk in one of my favourite Star Trek movies) was about 2 weeks ago, when it was also the first time I'd ever toasted them over a BBQ. I have never tried them with chocolate but that does sound like a nice idea! I'll get my chocolate department to investigate this so that your order can be fulfilled in as timely manner as possible.

Zackarydoo

I never understand why so many people don't like Star Trek when they haven't even watched it. It's a bit old now but one of my favourite films with the original characters was Star Trek V, "The Final Frontier". This scene is from when they were sitting around the camp fire and is so funny.....

"Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream".

"What's wrong, Spock? Why didn't you join in?"

"I was trying to comprehend the meaning of the words".

"It's a song, you green-blooded son of a ...... You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing".

"I am sorry, Doctor. Were we having a good time?"

"I liked him better before he died".

Ok ok ok so you had to be there! The whole scene with Kirk, McCoy and Spock in Yosemite Park is all very funny, from the time Kirk climbed the mountain to when they sung around the camp fire.

Have I made myself look complete weird now? Well it wouldn't be the first time.

_______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

SoScared

The chocolate tastes delicious but I am a bit concerned about the packaging. It does not look professional. I do hope that the chocolate production is fully regulated and could not in any way be considered to be counterfeit. You seem like a decent chap, however, I’m concerned that you might produce at ton or two of the stuff that the authorities will not permit you to give away never mind sell. Worst case scenario, you might end up behind bars.