Come inside for free chocolate!

Zackarydoo

[Edit] This is actually my own little diary, in case you were wondering. I've had the title changed since I started it. What I had before was dull and boring. [/edit]

I can't think of a good title, so that'll do....unless I change it before sending this. Maybe I won't send it at all? Maybe I won't write it. Oh but I already have - Well a little of it anyway. It'll probably end up a lot, unless I give up soon, in which case it'll be a little. If I've given up though, it won't be a little because it won't exist, so it'll just be nothing. What will be nothing? Nothing about what? About nothing? Nothing can't be about nothing because there's nothing to be anything about.

That's paragraph one sorted.

That's paragraph two sorted.

That's.....oh cut it out Geoff, you weirdo.

I wonder if I am the oldest person here? In this and other similar forums about physiological issues I usually seem to be a lot older. Most people are in their 20's or even less, but I'm 44. Boohoo. I guess most people have sorted their lives out by the time they're my age. The silly thing is that, with me, my life used to be a lot more sorted out in my 20's. It never felt it at the time but it did feel a lot better from 25 to around 32. I remember the time I had a girlfriend, and job, a place to live, a car.....All things I no longer have.

Oh look, those smilies look pretty cool. *I put them all here but the system complained when I sent it, so I removed them all*

Do you ever think that people ignore everything you say?

*silence*

I said, do you ever think that people ignore everything you say?

*silence*

Look, Geoff, what's your problem?

Oh I'm sorry Geoff, I didn't realise you were talking to me! I guess this thread is really just for me......Or is it? Anyway, to answer your question, yes I always think people ignore everything I say. Happy now I've answered you? Dumbo.

I wonder why it is SOOOO hard to find new people to talk to? There must be other people in the world who feel the same way. I would really love an American female to speak to! I love the accent and American woman USED to love mine. They probably still would if they gave me a chance. I remember years and years ago I used a Yahoo chat room where you could speak, and the whole room heard. Well half the room was American women, and I was the only British guy. They kept asking me to say things, and I could say just one word and the whole room erupted with all these woman going nuts over my accent! *giggles*

I'll leave this here. I wonder if I'll ever add to it?

Last edited:

Zackarydoo

That's ok LoyalXenite, it's nice to hear from anyone no matter where they are from. Thanks for saying hi, I hope you're having a good day. :)

Zackarydoo

Thank you. :) I haven't done much yet, just sitting at my PC writing in some forums. I'll have lunch in a min, then go out for walkies somewhere.

Zackarydoo

Munch munch munch. That was a nice lunch. I'm looking forward to my evening meal next! What's that stringy pasty stuff called? I never remember anything. I've got that with BBQ beef flavouring to put on it. I haven't tried it before so I'll see what that's like.

Soon I'll be going for walkies. I wish I had company. :( Well I will have company but only a family member so it isn't really the sort of company I would prefer to have. Not knowing anyone locally isn't great.

I'm laying at a really silly angle writing this, kinda laying on the sofa while tapping away at the laptop on a table next to me. I often do this then wonder why I'm aching all the time! Hehehe.

Zackarydoo

I just tried eating noodles for the first time. Just a bowl full of noodles with BBQ beef flavouring. Hardly the most exciting meal I've ever had, but at least it makes a change from breaded chicken and oven chips!

With all the millions of people on the Internet using websites designed for getting in touch with others, you'd think it would be easy to find people like me and find people to speak to, wouldn't you? Well I must belong to every site there is for meeting other people, yet I barely get anywhere. Facebook is one of the worst ways to meet people too because nobody wants to make friends there - They just want to write status comments and post photos of their toes, or other pointless things. I do the same sometimes but I also want to find real friends who want to write and speak to me. You'd think Facebook would provide a way to search for people who's name you didn't know, wouldn't you? Like specifying people who are shy, or people who live locally and my sort of age - But there is no such way to search for anyone. I know there are groups, but people who join groups barely write anything anyway and if I write to them privately, they either ignore me or Facebook doesn't let the message through and treats it like spam.

So what now? Time to clean toothypegs I think then watch some TV for the evening. Anyone fancy joining me? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Oh by the way, I noticed that someone from these forums looked at the link in my sig for my website. That was nice to see. Don't worry, I can't tell who it is that looked, only that someone who came from here looked and how much they looked at. It's always nice when someone bothers to do that and has a good look around. *smile*

Last edited:

Zackarydoo

I knew I would regret that title I've used for this blog....I mean diary....I mean thread. Maybe I can change it, I haven't looked into it yet. If I ever think of something better, I'll see if it's possible.

I've been wondering if maybe I should give Second Life a try again. I must be on my third profile now and each time I leave, the last time being about 8 months ago. It is an amazing way to meet people but it's also very stressful! I've found that you have to have a certain way of thinking when there, as if you're too nice and genuine you'll just get kicked in the teeth (metaphorically of course). I also have issues there that are similar to real life, where my anxiety causes problems. So although I can hide behind my computer screen to a certain extent, there are some things that don't change. At least I look a whole load better in Second Life though! I've decided in the past that the best way to use SL is to think differently, try to relax, and treat people the same way they treat me - Basically not very seriously and not being my true self. That's how others act there, so it makes sense that I'm the same way. I've tried that and it isn't easy because it isn't like me not to be 100% genuine, but maybe I will give it another try.

I met a woman from SL once, in real life! I bet not many have done that. We got to know each other in-world and got along well, although her paranoia that soon led to things ending was always apparent. She didn't believe anything I told her about myself until I proved it. Anyway, we actually met in RL (real life) and got along very well. She was 2 or 3 hours train ride away so not too far to travel. She then went cold though and didn't want to meet again. Then a few months later she called me out of the blue and wanted to meet and put things right, and she apologised for how she was before. We got along great for a few weeks but then her paranoia went sky high and that was the end of that. The way it ended was that we were sitting in my local park and I noticed a man walk past who kept looking back giving weird looks. I'd never seen him before so that was odd. Anyway, she didn't notice him but I told her about it another day. Well she skilfully concluded that he was looking back at me because he had seen me there loads of times before with different women! This was a perfectly reasonable assumption for her. I've never known such paranoia in my life, so a mix of the sort of person she concluded I must be and the fact that I couldn't bare the way she thought of me, led to things ending after meeting just twice more.....or was it once more? Oh well.

Anyway, it isn't very likely that I'll ever meet someone else in SL who's close enough to meet me in RL and who would actually want to meet me. Most people there like to keep their real and second lives separate. I'm not personally like that so tend to be the same person in both worlds, but I am in the minority. The best part about SL is that I can do things I'd never do it real life. One thing I like to do there is put on a tux and go to a place to dance, and chat to women while dancing. In real life I would never have the nerve or confidence to do that.

What I really want is some female company. I don't care if it's on Second Life or not - I just want some female company for a change, as I haven't had that for a long time. Even if they're a long way away, it's still better than talking to myself all day. I'm sure there are women who feel the same and want a guy to speak to, but I guess they don't like me or don't know I exist. I would rather meet people face to face locally, like normal people do......but I'm not normal.

How much of an idiot am I making myself out to be in this thread? Scores out of 10 please.

Time to set the washing machine to "spin".

Zackarydoo

i think u might need to pm a moderator to change the thread title :< anyway interesting story about the friend you met in second life, shame things didn't go so well~ i have made some good friends in online games too and one that wanted to meet me but i havent been able to make the courage to do that yet.. or even show a picture of me XD

Thanks for writing. :)

I will PM a mod if I can come up with a better thread title! I can't at the moment so maybe I'll just leave it.

Getting the nerve to meet someone is SO hard isn't it? It does help though if they've seen your photo, as then if they don't like you, at least it's over with quickly. I usually make sure people see my worst photos before arranging to meet. My thinking is that if they still think I look ok even in my worst pics, then maybe they won't run a mile when they actually meet me. :bigsmile:

Zackarydoo

lol! yes that is the best idea, partly the reason i haven't done it by now! i don't want to give a fake impression of attractiveness by looking my absolute best in a single shot in the camera. that one is easy enough, but a photo of ordinary me? SCARY XD

You think you're scary? You haven't seen me yet. *giggles*

Maybe I should rename this thread, "How to feel better about yourself". Hehehe.

gummybear22

you say you love the american accent; which ones make your skin ripple with unease? i'm from the south land but i don't speak like a garbage truck. not all of us do.

Zackarydoo

I have a much better thread title now. Thanks for changing it for me coyote. :)

Gummybear - I love all American accents. Some are nicer than others of course, but they all still have the same sort of sound to them. I find accents from the deep South very nice too, and quite fascinating. Hehehe.

OOooooooo a British guy talking about how American women love(d) his accent. I talk about this all the time. It's true. You can be the most hideous person ever (obviously I don't mean YOU) and have an English accent and suddenly, to an American, you're not half bad. hahaha

Anyway I'm from the land of the fatties. And I'm female. :idontknow:

This journal is going to be interesting.

Oh and I'm the one who looked at your pics the other day - kind of creepy you know that! haha

Anyway here you go

Raccon Steals a Carpet - YouTube

Last edited:

Zackarydoo

Well if the most hideous person ever is still liked for his British accent, imagine how much I've been liked? On the scale of hideousness I'd place myself somewhere around position 4. So there are a whole 3 other people in England more hideous than me. So clearly American women don't only crave my accent but they often make attempts to swim the Atlantic ocean just so they can meet me. This does regularly happen and although it's a nice feeling, it has meant that I've had to hire a private security firm in order to keep the chaos outside my front door to a minimum.

So when you say you're from the land of the fatties, I'm guessing you mean you're American, right? Although did you know that there are more and more fat people in England these days? I should should know because I'm one of them!

Anyway, I assume that you are now desperate to hear my voice. I'm sure you have already got a bucket nearby ready to catch any saliva you produce from the intense excitement of hearing my accent, that you're unable to keep in your mouth. Don't be embarrassed, it's a common problem. I'm happy to provide a sponge to assist in soaking it up if a bucket isn't something you keep where you live. I charge only $4.99 per sponge or $6.99 for two. I suggest you buy 2 as one conversation with me often leads to another.

I'm still in bed. It's 8:30am over here. I think I'll get up now and stop being so lazy.

Zackarydoo

I didn't receive any free chocolate...or for that matter any chocolate at all! :sad:

You didn't? Hmmm....I don't understand. You sure you didn't? Sometimes the chocolate is under the sofa, so try looking there. If not, let me know and I'll get in touch with my "The chocolate didn't arrive" department and see what they can do.

In any event, I am sorry for the problems you are having. We are always keen to serve our customers and take all complaints very seriously.

*burp* Pardon me.

Nope, not under there. Not under my recliner, either. I want a full refund, and please transfer me to the customer complaint dept. I AM AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER :bigsmile:

Zackarydoo

Nope, not under there. Not under my recliner, either. I want a full refund, and please transfer me to the customer complaint dept. I AM AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER :bigsmile:

I do apologise. This is most embarrassing.

Can we offer you an apple pie instead?