clingyness in relationship

LazyHermitCrab

So before I wasn't clingy at all. I never had a long relationship because I would just talk to the guy I was dating once every 3 days. Now I have real relationship and it will hopefully reach a year or more. We talk everyday but now I panic if I don't get called back within the hr? I'm afraid of him dumping me and changing his mind about me. How to become less clingy? :/ :)

vexatiousmind

Well if you get panicky just don't act on it. Just wait for him to call, if he doesn't call you back that day, text him the next. Just relax, people get busy and can't always get to the phone.

LazyHermitCrab

Well if you get panicky just don't act on it. Just wait for him to call, if he doesn't call you back that day, text him the next. Just relax, people get busy and can't always get to the phone.

Yeah I wouldn't call over and over and would just leave one message and wait. So it's somewhat normal to be panicky?

WeirdyMcGee

Ahh... I don't know how you're supposed to tell if you're being 'too clingy/not clingy enough' for someone.

I feel like you should act how you think is appropriate and once some time passes-- ask your partner if he'd like you to do anything different and be open to suggestions?

vexatiousmind

Yeah I wouldn't call over and over and would just leave one message and wait. So it's somewhat normal to be panicky?

Yeah, I think a lot of people get this way. Especially in our times. We are used to getting replies immediately like through text or email or chat. If you are not calling over and over, I would say you were clingy either.
After some time you should be as panicky about him calling back.

LazyHermitCrab

Ahh... I don't know how you're supposed to tell if you're being 'too clingy/not clingy enough' for someone.

I feel like you should act how you think is appropriate and once some time passes-- ask your partner if he'd like you to do anything different and be open to suggestions?

Exactly lol sometimes you can not be clingy enough >.> Sure will try that thx.

Feathers

be busy with other plans and people? :) Things to do, friends....

(and have evil plans on how to get back at him/what to do if he does you wrong?? just kidding!! :))
someone I know repainted her room and did some crazy stuff (in a safe way!) after a breakup, it may be good to have some options?? :) (There are breakup support sites too, so it can be a bit calmer to know if it happens you're covered??)

LazyHermitCrab

be busy with other plans and people? :) Things to do, friends....

(and have evil plans on how to get back at him/what to do if he does you wrong?? just kidding!! :))
someone I know repainted her room and did some crazy stuff (in a safe way!) after a breakup, it may be good to have some options?? :) (There are breakup support sites too, so it can be a bit calmer to know if it happens you're covered??)

Why kid about evil plans? :p I have two friends who I see like once a month at least. I don't really try to make friends with a friends friends either. Making friends is really hard for me plus i have classes so i need alone time. I wish I could make friends at work but yeah can't really do that. My bf is my best friend it works for now anyway but he wants me to hangout with other people. I'm kinda picky and don't trust others easily. That's cool she repainted her room it's good to stay busy :) i've been dumped before.... so not fun lol.

gazelle

How to become less clingy? :/ :)

Try taking things less serious.Don't let your feelings become too intense and consider your options open until you've been told something concrete or even maybe until he puts a ring around your finger? I know the last one sounds a bit impractical! Though It's never healthy to invest too much feelings on someone.

Last edited:

N0D

Banned
I've been in the guy part with a clingy girl (I'm wicked clingy too though so we basically collided at light-speed and exploded) but when it worked, the times she texted or called me and I couldn't respond right away I was very distraught.

I think what you are worrying about is that he's ignoring you or like not interested in hearing from you, but the reality is probably he's on the edge of his seat wanting to talk to you but he's got responsibilities or whatnot he needs to take care of.

Not sure if this will help you or anyone else at all but w/e I typed it all out I'm gonna post it...:eek:

LazyHermitCrab

I've been in the guy part with a clingy girl (I'm wicked clingy too though so we basically collided at light-speed and exploded) but when it worked, the times she texted or called me and I couldn't respond right away I was very distraught.

I think what you are worrying about is that he's ignoring you or like not interested in hearing from you, but the reality is probably he's on the edge of his seat wanting to talk to you but he's got responsibilities or whatnot he needs to take care of.

Not sure if this will help you or anyone else at all but w/e I typed it all out I'm gonna post it...:eek:

It exploded? :s What do you mean?

Correct-o. Perfect-o.
Not ignoring, just gotta finish the job, task we were given... to make the money we need to eat, live.
Busy busy we all can become. Patience, yes difficult, we must have. Also think about trust.

godchild

Clingy varies widely by definition. I call it "overt actions of affections" because I'm a girl err I mean, expressive person.

I was once at this new dog park near my bf's house and I held on to his arm the whole time until this lady came up to us and said "oh who is this? well arn't you a clingy one."

Boy, did I want to give her my fist .....

Really didn't think holding my boyfriends arms while scrolling around a new park was an clingy act.

I never saw the issue unless it was like "I can't leave this person alone for 1 hour because he's gonna cheat" or "Im just gonna Facebook stalk him always."

Last edited: