BP Oil Spill

Pookah

I'm not sure how do you say it in English. I meant the element that fuels nuclear power plants. Tons of electricity!

Yes. In this sort of thread the mention of a radioactive/nuclear power source isn't really going to go over well. We may be brilliant to use nonrenewable bits and pieces of the earth (which we have drilled and strip mined for) but is it really the right thing to do? The human species vs the earth, I pick the earth. We suck.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
We are not the tripulation in a ship named Earth which has a limited supply of goods and food in its hold. The quantity of resources depends on our knowledge. Petrol wasn't a resource until we learned how to use it; the same happened with silex, uranium and all other resources including fields you can cultivate: before we discovered farming most land was unproductive.

But I don't want to rise a discussion. I just wanted to try to make you feel better about the future of the humankind regarding its supplies. I have failed. And we aren't enemies of nature, so don't feel bad because of this..
Your argument appears to be based on Sid Meir's Civilization games. Good games! The resources conveniently don't run out in those games. You also failed to address the point of pollution.

We are not the enemies of nature any more than cancer is the enemy of a human.

mrb

earth will repair its self when humans have taken all they can from it ...... god knows when that will be , or what damage we will do b4 we finally cause our own destruction ... end of , but i do belive mother nature over god knows how many years will repair its self ...... thats even if we nuke each other ;) just get humans out of the way ;) lolz

Pookah

There are tons of ways we or outside sources can destroy the earth. Which is why I think we should try to minimize it. However, the sun will eventually grow larger (red giant) and kill the earth. The center of the earth could cool/solidify messing up the magnetic field. We could nuke ourselves to death. "Asteroids could become crashed into us." We could overpopulate exponentially and pave over every surface killing all plant and animal life and try to survive on vitamins. Aliens could eradicate us. A random quantum physics type event could occur. The andromeda system could swallow our system. etc

osse

Please, stop worrying.

NathanielWingatePeaslee, the ideas are based on Julian L. Simon's and others', but I absolutely love Sid Meyer's Civilization.

I_jailed_me

I frankly love the spill!! I support off shore, on shore, dual pump, drilling the core, cutting the forest, mass genocide, sport hunting, mass rape, no rights, marshal law, f*ck the earth drill moon or what ever method to keep the line moving faster till we go extinct! I say we need a thousand bushes.

mrb

I frankly love the spill!! I support off shore, on shore, dual pump, drilling the core, cutting the forest, mass genocide, sport hunting, mass rape, no rights, marshal law, f*ck the earth drill moon or what ever method to keep the line moving faster till we go extinct! I say we need a thousand bushes.

tut tut :rolleyes:

Pookah

This is sarcasm, I presume?

I_jailed_me

At the rate he's going a ban-ism :rolleyes:

Well well thats a surprise, the only time you spoke to me is when you want to ban me! I only give back what the world gave me, everyone banns me every where because i say my point of view! So much for the lie called democracy. We all want power over someone else thats the only truth, so we are autocratic by nature.

Pookah

Well well thats a surprise, the only time you spoke to me is when you want to ban me! I only give back what the world gave me, everyone banns me every where because i say my point of view! So much for the lie called democracy. We all want power over someone else thats the only truth, so we are autocratic by nature.

Forums aren't a democracy. You can speak your mind, just without becoming overly inflammatory. It is just manners.

Danfalc

Banned

You have just said you support such things as mass rape and genocide,even if you said that jokingly which I really hope you were...It's offensive.None of us "want" to ban anyone.But please just think how your "point of view" might offend other people.

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Have you ever tried giving the world decency and seeing if it gets returned? Sometimes it actually does! It's partly a matter of finding decent people, but you won't find it if you're not looking.

I frankly love the spill!! I support off shore, on shore, dual pump, drilling the core, f*ck the earth drill moon or what ever method to keep the line moving faster till we go extinct! I say we need a thousand bushes.

Take a look at the pictures I posted several days ago in this thread. Does your opinion change?

I_jailed_me

You have just said you support such things as mass rape and genocide,even if you said that jokingly which I really hope you were...It's offensive.None of us "want" to ban anyone.But please just think how your "point of view" might offend other people.

To whom in the forum was that intended to? No one. There was no sign of personal abuse. Genocide, mass rape, martial law, poverty, drilling the earth dry are all happening out there everyday, what if i say i dont have a problem with that? I just said i dont have a problem with any of that and they are already happening so i am for how we are! It just means that your lieing about hurting feelings when the real thing is happening out there in our world and yet we cant even face a word!! Unless we face the thought and the word we cant solve the problem which is quite clear in our case! If we cant face the word and the thought what chance is there that we can face the real world!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Genocide, mass rape, martial law, poverty, drilling the earth dry are all happening out there everyday, what if i say i dont have a problem with that? I just said i dont have a problem with any of that and they are already happening so i am for how we are!
You said that you don't like life, and that it's a sick joke. Now you're saying you don't have a problem with all the bad things in the world. Which is it?