Best album 2013 ?

Phoenixx

For me it's Empire of the Sun - Ice on the dune

This is DNA from that album:

Empire of the Sun - DNA - YouTube
^ Nice pick! I started getting into this band a little bit after Pandora threw them into my station earlier this year. Was a pleasant surprise. I have yet to listen to this album, I should give it a shot before the year ends!

I haven't listened to a lot of new albums this year, but from what I have listened to, these are my top two picks (it's a tie, I couldn't choose between them):

Pure Heroine by Lorde
130927-lorde-pure-heroine-review.jpg

I Love You. by The Neighbourhood
20130409-neighbourhood-x600-1365543218.jpg

Even though these are my top two albums for the year, my song of the year has to be Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. My god, that song. It's so addicting! I never grow tired of it.

MikeyC

Even though these are my top two albums for the year, my song of the year has to be Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. My god, that song. It's so addicting! I never grow tired of it.
I'm not into pop music, but I do remember that song being pretty grandiose in a good way. That's a way better pick that freakin' "Blurred Lines," with its blatant sexism. :thumbdown:

I'm not even sure what the best album of the year will be. I have a few candidates. Next year is already looking pretty solid in metal circles, too.

Phoenixx

I'm not into pop music, but I do remember that song being pretty grandiose in a good way. That's a way better pick that freakin' "Blurred Lines," with its blatant sexism. :thumbdown:
^ Oi, tell me about it. :eek:mg: Can we just pretend Blurred Lines never even happened?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Pure Heroine by Lorde

I looked through the wiki page for 2013 albums, and it dawned on me of the whole list I had only listened to one of them! :eek: I have heard about half the ^Lorde album and like it lots, not sure if it's a passing fad or not but right now :thumbup:

I found a lot of albums I had heard one song I liked a lot (Bastille/Pompeii , 30 seconds to mars/up in the air, Arctic Monkeys/Do I want to know, Mazzy Star California, Brave/Sara Bareilles, My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark &
The Phoenix/Fall Out Boy)

Since I feel wrong giving my best album award based on a one or two songs, I'll have to give it to this one!

Lenka_-_Shadows.jpg

I have some albums to look into now too :thumbup:

Phoenixx

I found a lot of albums I had heard one song I liked a lot (Bastille/Pompeii , 30 seconds to mars/up in the air, Arctic Monkeys/Do I want to know, Mazzy Star California, Brave/Sara Bareilles, My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark &
The Phoenix/Fall Out Boy)
^ I still have yet to listen to 30STM's and Arctice Monkeys' new singles. I totally forgot they even released anything. I'll have to look into those albums too. As for FOB, I've been hesitant looking into their new album, even though the couple singles you listed I really like too. I loved their first two albums, but I was really disappointed with Infinity On High and Folie A Deux. Really didn't like them for some reason, and I feel like the only person on earth who actually feels that way. I might give their latest a shot sometime, but I probably won't get my hopes up.

Odo

Banned
I don't know if anyone really likes chamber pop like I do, but this was phenomenal:

img.php

And I loved this too:

images

Rawz

I forgot to include these for some reason:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Imagine Dragons - Night Vision