Being tall Doesn't help!!!!

CHAKRAPOINT

Any tall or big guys here that know what i'm talking about? Being tall or the biggest doesnt help with our social phobia as everywhere we go we know we are being looked at and we can feel the attention on us. i know this because when there is someone bigger or taller than me ( which is rare) i also pay more attention on him than any other person. so when we walk anywhere we know and can see people paying more attention on us than any other person. there is only one advantage which is that i get a lot of female eyeballs turning my way its just that i dont know how to deal with all of that attention. in my university i literally am the biggest and tallest guy in the school. we stick out like a sore thumb

I'm tall for a girl. I'm 5' 10" I used to be very self conscious....extremely. I mean, people do notice and frequently comment. My sisters are 5'0 or 5'2 and 5'6 and my parents were 5'6 and 5'7 so I've always stuck out like a sore thumb. Men aren't exceptionally tall where I hail from and women definitely aren't so people do tend to notice when I walk by.

I'm a recovering agoraphobic and I don't know if it has to do with my recovery or therapy or my ageing or maybe just the overall improvement in my confidence but now I just don't give a ****. haha I mean, I really don't. I like my height, my height suits me. I'm very comfortable in my own skin. And when people look at me I look back at them.

CHAKRAPOINT

i can see how being a tall girl can increase anxiety . i'm also trying to just relax in my o
wn skin but its flippin hard.

It is, it might sound silly but I also think things like yoga and pilates actually help you feel more comfortable with your body too, less awkward, more fluid. If that makes sense.

Also there's a girl in my college who is about 6'4'' and doesn't seem remotely phased by her height. Im sure that makes her life difficult but she seems very comfortable. and actually the more comfortable you are the less you stand out.

Valhalla

I am big and tall. I like it, I want to be even bigger and taller. It's an advantage. It gives authority.

coyote

i used to be very self conscious about my height and wished i were taller

why DOES that grass always look greener on the other side of the fence?

Last edited:

laure15

I'm glad I'm not tall. But when we all sit down in the classroom, height isn't as noticeable. Or when I walk in the hallway and people are sitting down on either side of the hallway, I would be "taller" than they are and get noticed. Height is relative.

dottie

you cannot blend in. there is an expectation that because you are tall you will be a pillar of confidence... it's like this weird unspoken expectation of leadership. all you want to do is blend in but all eyes are on you, automatically.

it's so nice to be around my own kind. i don't like short people. i'm just kidding with the last sentence! but really, it is SO NICE to be in a group of other tall people. everything changes. suddenly, i don't stick out anymore, i blend in.

sometimes, when i am walking down the hall at work and no one else is around i imagine that i am short and everyone else is taller than me... there may be someone around the corner but i imagine they will be taller than me. imagining myself as shorter than everyone else, or at least the same height, changes the way i walk. it makes me lift my shoulders back, walk with more confidence, and raise my chin up. then of course, when someone does come out from around the corner my fantasy is foiled. that is a weird, random thing i do hahah. i've never told anyone that. my tall brothers and sisters, you should try it. just for kicks.

another thing, the world is built for short people. everything is low. counter tops, shower faucets, chairs. this is a bunch of bullocks. if i were rich i'd build my house custom for tall people. even at the door there would be a measuring stick, "you must be yay tall to enter." jk but seriously... i feel you.

I think the thing that really helped me get over it is the fact that I fell for a guy shorter than me. His height was a non-issue. He could have been 3ft or 7ft and it wouldn't change a thing. I think he's probably about 5'6 but I'm not really sure -he could be less. I just don't care at all. People are people and height has nothing to do with anything. As a good friend of mine said ' You're the same height lying down' lol very well put. in a sort of slutty way haha but she's right!

If you feel self conscious at all I recommend dating someone much shorter and wearing heels, you get over it pretty quick :) We are actually afraid of the unknown. That's what it is. But really as much of a cliche as it is, it really is whats on the inside that counts (I know, vomit right, but it's true) :)

Hoppy

"When we're face to face, my toes are in it, when we are toes to toes my nose is in it and when I am in between I have nobody to talk to." -Tiekie the clown.(he was a dwarf)

GhastlyCC

I'm only about 6'2.
Which makes me a little bit taller than most people I see when I'm out.
I'm quite a bit taller than both of my parents and my brothers.
They're all short.
But I wish I were taller still.
I like it.
I get jealous when I see people taller than me. ::p:

Last edited:

megalon

I'm 6'1 so I'm not so tall that people stare at me. It has no effect on my confidence either way.

I got in an argument with my sister once after she commented that she would never date a man that was shorter than her. I told her that seems very unfair towards any shorter guys she might meet. I don't know why some women feel that way. It seems incredibly shallow to me.

I got in an argument with my sister once after she commented that she would never date a man that was shorter than her. I told her that seems very unfair towards any shorter guys she might meet. I don't know why some women feel that way. It seems incredibly shallow to me.

It really isn't shallow. That's common. It all comes down to preferences, and most women do prefer taller guys. I can't speak for all women and don't claim I know what all women want, but it's not hard to realize the majority of women prefer a man who is taller than she. It's because it just feels awkward to have to look down at your man. Among other things. Taller height often means more testosterone, which is more attractive to a woman (like big breasts/lips on a woman = more estrogen and therefore generally more attractive to a man).

MikeyC

It really isn't shallow. That's common. It all comes down to preferences, and most women do prefer taller guys. I can't speak for all women and don't claim I know what all women want, but it's not hard to realize the majority of women prefer a man who is taller than she. It's because it just feels awkward to have to look down at your man. Among other things. Taller height often means more testosterone, which is more attractive to a woman (like big breasts/lips on a woman = more estrogen and therefore generally more attractive to a man).
At 5'6" this is bad news for me!

Invisibleman

I can understand a woman not wanting to date a shorter guy but what irks me is most women ive known refuse to date a guy THE SAME HEIGHT! Which sucks ass for me because im a midget, 5"8, im about the same height as 99 percent of women.