being alone outside among people

angryguy

I always feel so much more alone when im alone near others and not connecting with them
But when I alone by myself I don't feels as lonely

The pain from loneliness of no friends is so much worse when Im spend all day being alone near others. Thats when my resentment and hatred start devouring me

Now I have proof my feelings are known in quote from urban dictionary:
Loneliness is the worst pain in this world. It constantly eats away the person's heart, and can cause the person to hate, to feel enraged--the same rage and hate that can cause one person to kill another.

jaim38

I used to not have a problem with being alone in public until people started saying things like "why is she alone?", "she doesn't have any friends...", etc. They keep looking at me like I was a freak and not approaching me at all. People only make things worse.

On the other hand, if I was alone with animals, such as a group of puppies or birds, I don't feel lonely at all - unless they get vicious.

Quietguy11

I use to feel like a complete outcast even around the people I knew for the longest time. The problem was I had a really hard time forming relations and connections with people. I felt, for the most part, like I was lacking something significant to making friends. Even so the friends that I had continued hanging out with me, not seeing the internal struggle I was going through, but took it was a natural personality trait and a more reserved personality.

Now I am taking my friends by surprise, and everyone I come in contact with for that matter, because now I have lots to say, because I feel in sync with other people, and love being around other people now. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for medication. Medication has recovered me from social phobia disorder, and can do the same for anyone who puts the work in toward getting well.

Livemylife

I've always been alone (literally or figuratively) but the word "lonely" didn't creep into my head until college. Specifically, this one girl making a "joke" about
"that one lonely guy." I was like wtf, how is that even funny? How does she even know he's lonely??? And I've been forced to learn that most people consider simply being alone to be lonely. Now I even worry about coming off lonely. I think it's harder for girls to be out in public alone. I also think guys take interest in me simply because they think I'm lonely. I don't feel comfortable in public at all, like I'm not supposed to be there. The restaurants and stores are obviously reserved for socializing...They might as well put up "social people only" signs.

angryguy

I use to feel like a complete outcast even around the people I knew for the longest time. The problem was I had a really hard time forming relations and connections with people. I felt, for the most part, like I was lacking something significant to making friends. Even so the friends that I had continued hanging out with me, not seeing the internal struggle I was going through, but took it was a natural personality trait and a more reserved personality.

Now I am taking my friends by surprise, and everyone I come in contact with for that matter, because now I have lots to say, because I feel in sync with other people, and love being around other people now. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for medication. Medication has recovered me from social phobia disorder, and can do the same for anyone who puts the work in toward getting well.

So what is this medication you speak of

angryguy

I've always been alone (literally or figuratively) but the word "lonely" didn't creep into my head until college. Specifically, this one girl making a "joke" about
"that one lonely guy." I was like wtf, how is that even funny? How does she even know he's lonely??? And I've been forced to learn that most people consider simply being alone to be lonely. Now I even worry about coming off lonely. I think it's harder for girls to be out in public alone. I also think guys take interest in me simply because they think I'm lonely. I don't feel comfortable in public at all, like I'm not supposed to be there. The restaurants and stores are obviously reserved for socializing...They might as well put up "social people only" signs.

Maybe it's because girls whom are seen alone are probably picked up by guys who are outgoing and talk to anyone. That's why its rare to see girls alone thus it'd be harder for a girl to be seen lonely. I wonder if im making sense

LeDiskoLove99

I always feel a disconnect from the people around me, even friends and family. Like I'm in a glass box, I can see them and watch them go about their lives and they're near but in the end I'm still in that box alone and I can't quite hear them or talk to them. It sounds odd but that's what it always feels like. Just so disconnected. It's lonely. To be surrounded by people and feel alone, it's horrible.

But the more I reach out to people and try to fight that feeling the less disconnected I feel.

bsammy

yeah ive had friends in the past where we had grown up with each other, spent a lot of time with one another yet there was never a strong bond between us..i have never felt truly connected to anyone..

Flanscho

Hmmmm, when I'm outside, I'm normally biking. And then I'm busy paying attention to the traffic and other bikers and whatnot. And when I'm not biking and outside, I'm so much in thoughts that I don't really care about the people around me.
It would only be different if I'd use the bus or subway or something and have people kissing and hugging or something near me. But since I use the bicycle for travel, that doesn't happen anymore.

MelFit

I was eating in burguer king alone lonely lone long long

the other people was with their partners,friends or relatives..............

sometimes i feel independent ,other times i feel a LOT of pain

PheonixBomb

I always feel so much more alone when im alone near others and not connecting with them
But when I alone by myself I don't feels as lonely

Yep, I find I do this too. I guess because its easier to escape that thought when I'm alone with my computer / videogames / music etc. When its right in front of you its like an alarm blaring.