Becoming suicidal

Sacrament

Have you absolutely run out of any and all chances of being remotely happy? Are you terminally ill? If not, there's plenty to strive for, and multiple roads you can choose to take in the pursuit of personal contentment.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've stood on the edge of the black abyss, more than once.

But I realize life has a way of twisting and turning now and then. It can throw up unexpected opportunities once in a while. Things can change for the better.

So instead of 'opting out' I take the harder road. I put in the effort to self improve. I give myself a chance at finding happiness.

If I'd opted out during those darkest times, I would never have experienced the recent good times.

Remember, don't go seeking death. It comes for us all soon enough.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
You're not the only one, it's just that the stigma attached to suicide is such that people tend to avoid discussing it.

Also, on a board like this, where many struggle with depression, there's always the specter of influencing someone to do something rash.

These aren't the only reasons why something like this is an unpopular topic, but they're two of the big ones.

But no, you're definitely not the only one.

AlienGeranium

I've been there many times. I usually find when I feel that I will "do it eventually" I am already in a suicidal state of mind, and am just waiting for the justification (in my mind) to go through with it. I try to keep the option off the table, otherwise it just feeds my problems. If I'm thinking I'm going to kill myself, I'm not going to try much in life. Why train for a marathon if I won't be around to run it? Why take care of myself at all, really.

So what I'm saying is to fight those thoughts, I'll make goals for life, take care of myself, and give myself things to live for. The worse I let the state of my life get, the easier it is for me to convince myself dying would be a good option. By living the life of a me that wouldn't kill himself, I am improving my life while also helping keep that suicidal mentality away.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
So i'm the only one? Great.

Threads about wanting to kill yourself are pretty common around here. Depression and social anxiety go hand-in-hand. This is not an opinion. It is a statistical fact.

Not wanting to kill yourself at some point is the exception rather than the rule for people with these sort of problems.

Some people report feeling like killing themselves most of the time they're conscious.

A very common sentiment is wanting to commit suicide but "being to cowardly" to do it.

Kiwong

I'm more scared of worrying myself to death. Years and years of constant fear and stress can't be good for my health.

There are a few posters on here that have attempted to take their lives. I've seen one or two concerning posts from those saying they are at the point of making an attempt.

Marshmallow

It doesn't really scare me, but I think at some point I will get to that point unless I'm able to change my life before it starts to feel like it's too late. Right now I have no plans to end things.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
'Suicide. A permanent solution to a temporary problem'. I agree with this.

But I know what it's like to be so down that suicide seems a viable option. So yea, it's a tough one.

Zooman

If my death produced something positive i think i would do it. Right now i don't plan on doing it but i am definitely suicidal in the fact that i hate my life and think about dying a lot. The thing about being suicidal is that of course i don't want to die, but the way my life is really makes me want to. And the fact that my life feels like it will only get worse doesn't help.

If my death produced something positive i think i would do it. Right now i don't plan on doing it but i am definitely suicidal in the fact that i hate my life and think about dying a lot. The thing about being suicidal is that of course i don't want to die, but the way my life is really makes me want to. And the fact that my life feels like it will only get worse doesn't help.

Anyone here see Cabin in the Woods? I would totally be that guy too stubborn to sacrifice myself to preserve the world.

Zooman

Anyone here see Cabin in the Woods? I would totally be that guy too stubborn to sacrifice myself to preserve the world.

Never seen it but why would you be stubborn to sacrifice yourself for the greater good? As long as your death is quick and painless of course. I don't even think i'd have the balls to face a bad death no matter what the circumstances.

Never seen it but why would you be stubborn to sacrifice yourself for the greater good? As long as your death is quick and painless of course. I don't even think i'd have the balls to face a bad death no matter what the circumstances.

Still a couple of seasons of Game of Thrones left.