Avoid extremely extroverted people?

ripewithdecay

It just comes down to whether they're friendly or not. Some big mouths tend to try to single out or pick on the quiet person, as i'm sure most of us know. I shut these ones out by avoidance. But the ones who are in their own little worlds are actually pretty funny.

One positive to having them around is they suck all the attention to themselves so you can remain in relative peace knowing that nobody is focused on you :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I tried to explain my SA to her and she decided she'd like to "fix" me. By making me go to bars or something.

Don't you love it when that happens? A lot of people have told me they are "going to get me to talk." I think "Really, you are? Great!" For some reason they all seem to give up in the end...

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I tried to explain my SA to her and she decided she'd like to "fix" me. By making me go to bars or something.

It surely won't fix you, but if you like her and she knows about your SA, going out in bars with her would get you used to people. And drunk people are more easy to talk to.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I've been making an effort for most of 40 years now. I have yet to get used to people.
icon_neutral.gif

Felgen

Extroverted people tend to be more sympathetic to my anxiety and I usually get along well with them.

Edit: Now that I'm an elite user, who will teach me the secret handshake?

Last edited:

Felgen

:eek:!!! Wow! I have never encountered that from an extroverted person before!!
In my experiences, extroverted people are the least sympathetic to my anxiety!::(:

The people who are the least sympathetic to me, are people who are neither introverted nor extroverted. Some passive-aggressive extroverts pick up on quirks other people don't notice, though--and I don't get along well with them.

theblank

Extremely extroverted people, particularly loud, assertive, confident ones scare me...and I stay away from them!

sevenroses

I tend to avoid certain extroverted people. Throughout my life, I had to work with a couple of very extroverted coworkers that are so outgoing and they always ask "what are you going to do over the weekend" and if you say "nothing much" they try to invite you to the bar or to some social event or setting. I dread having to work with coworkers like that. I already see them many times a week and it would be nice to take a break away from them and not to interact with them 24/7.

coyote

Extroverted people tend to be more sympathetic to my anxiety and I usually get along well with them.

Edit: Now that I'm an elite user, who will teach me the secret handshake?

meetings are at 8pm central time - don't be late

Richey

there are some extroverted people who like to bring up gossipy and personal judgements (in a jokey way) in front of you and others. i know a couple of girls who talk as if they are gossiping on facebook with no shame. that can be annoying.

quietkiwi

So long as they aren’t obnoxious or likely to embarrass me in public I don’t mind extroverts. I enjoy their energy and enthusiasm for life a lot of the time. I don’t think I could spend too much time around them though, theres a point were it can become draining.