Avoid extremely extroverted people?

Pookah

I have always avoided the extroverted people where possible because when you are in public with them, they are usually so unpredictable.
They have no inhibitions stopping them from doing something crazy on the spot that you don't see coming.

Yes, I fear that scenario. Don't want to experience embarrassment by proximity. :p

da_illest101

They freak me out and to make matter worse they always want to be my friend :eek: . Funny thing i had a crush one for a long time.

Tiercel

Yeah I get a lot of we just mets and also the dirty old men kind.

One of the neighbors left a ring on my step today. And being a jeweler/watchmaker's son, I was tempted to examine it for markings. You know, like 925 for sterling silver. But since the 13-year old girl just hangs out with her girlfriends, I figured it was probably just some little girl's crappy, feel-good ring.

So anyway, if dirty old men are a problem, perhaps a ring would help ward them off. Or at least leave a nice mark if you need to slap or punch them....

;)

Pookah

One of the neighbors left a ring on my step today. And being a jeweler/watchmaker's son, I was tempted to examine it for markings. You know, like 925 for sterling silver. But since the 13-year old girl just hangs out with her girlfriends, I figured it was probably just some little girl's crappy, feel-good ring.

So anyway, if dirty old men are a problem, perhaps a ring would help ward them off. Or at least leave a nice mark if you need to slap or punch them....

;)

I meant that men who are way too old for me and who just see me as some kind of youthful object have sometimes badgered me and made me uncomfortable.

Tiercel

I meant that men who are way too old for me and who just see me as some kind of youthful object have sometimes badgered me and made me uncomfortable.

Ah, ok. On a slightly related note, I've often wondered at what age one becomes a dirty old man.

But back on topic, a while ago I wrote a poem ("A Tale of Two Poets") basically comparing my life to my outgoing, extroverted cousin's life. I posted it on here a looooong time ago, in the "Any artists" thread, so maybe I'll post it separately. There's plenty of new blood here to infect. But it basically shows how wonderful his life seems and how crappy mine is.

I think my big problem with the extroverted is that they make me feel like crap.

dottie

extroverts are ok one-on-one if they don't act expectant. i don't like being around lots of extroverts at once, though, because then i really feel like a sore thumb. they talk and bounce their energy off each other while i become the third wheel. my quietness becomes the elephant in the room, then i am something to be gossipped about as soon as i leave. that is usually how it pans out.

Pookah

So an update. She got fired for being late to work almost every day. But not before they stuck her in a room alone with me to do a special project for the office/stores. :p

coyote

So an update. She got fired for being late to work almost every day. But not before they stuck her in a room alone with me to do a special project for the office/stores. :p

oh, that must've been loads of fun!

maybe they thought you'd rub off on her?

lunarla

My boss is kinda like this, but I don't mind because I genuinely like him... VERY loud though. He's also one of those really close talkers, and likes to stand 5 inches from people's faces when he speaks.... And apparently in his etiquette rulebook, me leaning back = he should approach closer.

The funny thing is though, people like this tend to actually get louder and more obnoxious in the presence of quiet people. lol.

Hahah, I have a teacher like this. It's really uncomfortable in the moment when he's talking just a few inches from my face, but then afterwards my friends and I always lol about it. He's also very touchy-feely. As far as teachers go anyway. He'll like, touch your shoulder at the end of a sentence, lol. I guess some people never learned what personal space is. I often wonder if maybe he'd get the point if I just kept moving back every single time he edged closer. We'd end up to be in a completely different area, really.

MsBuzzkillington

Oh, I forgot about the "close talkers." They make me really uncomfortable. I remember a lady I worked with was like that...I'd try and maneuver around her or casually step back as she was talking to me and she would always follow.

She was also really touchy-feely. She would touch while she talked or made a point or whatever. I'd try and dodge and avoid it.. but she kept doing it. Finally I was like STOP TOUCHING ME! Geesh.

I don't know how people can be like that. Bubble, personal space.. we all need it. haha

Tiercel

So an update. She got fired for being late to work almost every day.

Such a disappointment. I was looking forward to reading continuing stories of personal courage and the testing of the limits of human endurance.

:D

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

I'm not a morning person. I get a bit giggly around 10pm+ though, but I'm usually home and comfortable being silly.

I just can't come out and being silly around people in public especially when I barely know them. There is a time and a place I guess.

Really?Most of the people I know get giggly around 2 AM or 1...me too.

Now that I think about it,if I came across that I'd definately avoid them but if they insist then I'd try reverse psycology(out-extroversion) on said Super extrovert because all it take is a little acting.

SilentRain

I do. I mean, I don't mind people being themselves but bouncing off of the walls 24/7 is just too much for me to handle. Like another person stated, if they accept your SA it's fine but if they expect you to be like them then it's a problem. You can be happy and confindent to the point it's oozing out of every pore on your body but don't harrass me because I have a difficulty with being the same way. Also, I usually tend to find the EXTREME extroverted people to be loud, obnoxious and attention seekers and sometimes I feel there's something forced or fake about it. Perhaps drugs are involved? Hmmm lol.

Pookah

I tried to explain my SA to her and she decided she'd like to "fix" me. By making me go to bars or something.

SilentRain

I tried to explain my SA to her and she decided she'd like to "fix" me. By making me go to bars or something.

She did that to you? I had that happen to me as well. Like taking someone to a crowded loud bar or club is an instant fix. It's not like that swimming thing of, just throw a person who can't swim into water and they end up swimming because of the fear of drowning...(well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, lol anyways) you're not gonna just magically become an extrovert just because you're in a room full of them is what i'm getting at. I can't stand people that try to do the "fix" method like you're broken or something.