Are you SLOUCHING?

Smurfette

Freeze! Before you read on, I want u to take a look at urself right now. Are you sitting? Straight? Just a quick assignment for ya.

If you're walking/sitting straight, I bet your confidence just might elevate a bit. Just want u to keep this in mind cuz I know I slouch (and love it too) but let's break this habit!

:)

Last edited:

3lefts

Agreed!!
I often watch my feet when I walk and I'm having the hardest time changing this habit...
Glad you posted this, posture can really help with the confidence.

Minty

Gravity doesn't like me all that much. I always slouch. I want to quit though...I just...forget to sit up straight.

EscapeArtist

Well I don't sit at my computer, I lay at my computer. It's on the floor. I had some weird obsession to start living on the floor. It just feels right... No bed, no desk, no furniture!

I was made fun of by a kid every single day about my bad posture. He would call me things and then walk around "like me", with his head way out forward from his body. All year. I fixed my posture after that, by sleeping correctly, on my back, and doing breathing exercises (I think I later found out what I was doing was the 'mountain pose' in yoga? think that's the name... wow in 10 years when I'm some yogi freak (I feel it coming) I'm going to look back and slap myself for that).
I used to run to the restroom at school and do those exercises 3 times a day. Posture was fixed but I don't know if it had anything to do with the new confidence because I also lost a fair amount of weight at the same time

hoddesdon

I used to slouch, but do not do so now. I also often lie on the floor. Is there some deep psychological reason for this?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I used to slouch, but do not do so now. I also often lie on the floor. Is there some deep psychological reason for this?
When you feel like crap about yourself, you tend to slouch. Bad posture tells the world you feel like crap about yourself and basically makes you less attractive. It's something I've had to work on.

Smurfette

Every now and then I like to hang upside down off my couch (kinda like the inversion table) to give my body a break from its mundane position. I think it's great!

gals

Hell yes, I'm always slouching. LOL.

Maybe it's already natural in me. Coz I have minor scoliosis, given to the fact that we carry hug and heavy backpack filled with thick books in grade school.

But I try to stand up straight when I remember that I'm slocuhing. :D

Smurfette

Hell yes, I'm always slouching. LOL.

Maybe it's already natural in me. Coz I have minor scoliosis, given to the fact that we carry hug and heavy backpack filled with thick books in grade school.

But I try to stand up straight when I remember that I'm slocuhing. :D
Hey, I have mild scoliosis too! LOL Is that why my smile is crooked too?! JK.

gals

Hey, I have mild scoliosis too! LOL Is that why my smile is crooked too?! JK.

Haha! Nice one Smurfette! I asked the PT at the rehab about that. He asked if I feel pain or whatever, and when I said no, he said no need for a rehab. Just always remember to stand or sit up straight. Breast out! LOL.

Right now you this thread made me remember that I'm slouching, that's why I'm now sitting up straight while typing as I write this. :D

awkwardamanda

I'm sitting on my bed at my laptop, cross-legged, hips angled about 30° to the right, upper body almost facing the screen, hunched over. I've had to move my hands in order to type out this message but I was previously resting my chin on my left hand, elbow on my leg.:rolleyes:

HeadFace

Actually, I don't slouch. It's just abnormal to me. I mean I don't walk with my shoulders tightened and broad, and I don't stand up completely straight. But I don't slouch. I lean against things a lot if that counts

Tiercel

I'm not so much slouching as hunched over right now. I'm sitting on my right heel and I have my left foot up on my little practice amp. My left elbow is on my raised knee, and it's rather difficult to type with my left hand at this angle. But I usually slouch despite trying not to.