Are you good at doing nothing?

Gaucho

helllo.

I'm able to spend the entire day doing nothing, the day passes by fast even if i haven't done anything.
for example i put the alarm at 7:30 am, i wake up, go to the internet, go to sleep again, wake up at 11, maybe a bit internet losing the time, then it gets to 3pm already, i eat, and the same again. sounds terrible right? it is.

im a master at letting the day pass by and at the end i have not done anything creative/productive

Anyone here has the same problem?

Srijita52

Yeah, totally. If there was an award for doing nothing, I was sure to get it.
What you described here is exactly what I did today.

Valhalla

Oh yeah. During my time off from doing anything, my days have been looking like that. Just recently, I started going up earlier, but most of the time I could sleep to noon, and sat at the computer on and off until late at night.

Boby

That's my life for the last 8 years,if it wasn't for high-shcool/university I would've spent 99% of my time doing nothing except eating,sleaping and spending time on the PC.

knowlife

in a way i kinda feel like what else can i do? cause i dont make a lot of money and when you tag team that up with being scared to go out and not having friends the options are few. a huge chunk of my childhood and my twenties was me in semi isolation doing absolutely nothing all day, everyday. i often think that solitary confinement in prison would be a cake walk cause im alone so often.

Gaucho

i think i would win the competition :). but also here are many other pros as i can see:)

Boby

Neah,I'm the best one ,I wake up early in the morning just have more time to do ...nothing::p:.

chibiXphantom

nothing. im like a professional at doing nothing. though id much rather be doing something, i just dont have the drive to do anything, and dont have any friends around here to hang out with.

Ashiene

nothing. im like a professional at doing nothing. though id much rather be doing something, i just dont have the drive to do anything, and dont have any friends around here to hang out with.

Exactly. "Normal" people spend 80% of their active time doing social things, and people like us with no friends to be sociable with, there really is not much left for us to do.

Rembrandt Broam

People think that doing nothing is easy, but it's taken me years to reach my current level of proficiency. The fact that I make it look so effortless just shows how good I am. People don't see the hours I've put in practicing hard each day. Some days it's so tempting to get up off your arse and go and do something, but you have to be disciplined and resist those sorts of temptations. You only get out of things what you put in.

MrSunday

Hi,

Would it help to set some goals? Start off small. I felt like doing nothing either at one point, but certain things motivated me.

Ignace

Exactly, I wonder what I do all day ... Luckily i sleep till noon so I'm not too bored at the end of the day.

WeirdyMcGee

IT's hard to do anything at all when you are so fatigued.
So, yes-- I've spent alot of days doing nothing.
Staring at the ceiling could be an Olympic sport and I'd always win the gold!