Are you a Virgin?

Are you a Virgin?

• Total voters

CursedSoul

Banned
I'm virgin too (age:23) You know technically sex will come at the right moment, right place, so I'm pretty sure I won't be frustrated about it because by then my partner will sense it's natural to get into the whole sex thing, and then I'll see the green light in front of me...
Reaching a certain level of intimacy is the key, I was beneath that level once and it actually gave me confidence.

it does give confidence to anyone

knowledgeofself

Sex will not taint your soul. It is a good and natural act, when not twisted into something injurious. However, many people believe that abstinence from sex and other indulgences (e.g., alcohol, certain foods, etc.) may have a cleansing or purifying effect on the mind and spirit. It's a form of self-discipline and sacrifice.

in which case that would have to include masturbation as well then. because the way I see it abstaining from the act of sexual intercourse wouldn't alter your state if you were masturbating, you would still be indulging in sexual thoughts and engaging that part of your brain.

OceanMist

Maybe, yeah. I don't really mean to come across the way I do sometimes, and I often think that I haven't been clear enough when I say something (hence my posts tend on the longer side) which I then obsess over and become frustrated. I don't actually mean to be a jerk.

Yep. A lot of people don't mean to be jerks on here, it's just we come across that way when we disagree with someone and/or speak our mind.

Don't worry, I'm definitely the most hated person on here. People think I'm the ultimate jerk.

I really honestly don't know why.

Just because I challenge fallacies people see me as evil.

I'm an unorthodox dude who has different ideas and is willing to challenge the idea that the world is fair, and I guess being different can be hated everywhere, even in a support forum.

xDreamseller

My first (and so far, only girlfriend) and I were at my house. (Also the first and only time) Got to my bedroom and then I made up some lame excuse about my dad coming home soon and she had to leave. (He wouldn't be home for hours) So I guess that places me as a virgin due to my own "choice"?

This happened a year ago and I still blame my SA for it. (Day after that, I broke up with her and that was that. Dunno why I broke up with her or what I did what I did. I just don't think about it anymore)

Uncertain

Unfortunately still a Virgin ::(: don't know how that happened, but I have a strong feeling that it is going to last forever :eek:

Muka

I am a virgin but I am also 17 years old. Willing to wait really, I don't understand the rush!!

luna_pingleton

I've had two boyfriends in my life, when I was 18 and 19. They both displayed physical interest in me and were both very nice to me, but we did almost nothing together. My first boyfriend I was never attracted to. My second boyfriend I liked, but my own insecurities and supposed asexuality prevented me from appreciating. I am now 22-years-old, finally experiencing physical desires for the first time in my life (like I'm coming of age ten years too late), but have no friends or romantic prospects to speak of, and still way too insecure about my own body and personality to feel comfortable. I'm not even sure I know how to kiss. I have, but never felt I was doing it right.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I've had two boyfriends in my life, when I was 18 and 19. They both displayed physical interest in me and were both very nice to me, but we did almost nothing together. My first boyfriend I was never attracted to. My second boyfriend I liked, but my own insecurities and supposed asexuality prevented me from appreciating. I am now 22-years-old, finally experiencing physical desires for the first time in my life (like I'm coming of age ten years too late), but have no friends or romantic prospects to speak of, and still way too insecure about my own body and personality to feel comfortable. I'm not even sure I know how to kiss. I have, but never felt I was doing it right.
You will have romantic prospects. All it takes is patience. :)

Welcome to the forum.

DevC

No, I'm not, lost it to my current girlfiend no more than 6 months ago, I'm 23.

To be honest at this point I'm not huge into it, I am hardly ever in the mood, but my girlfiend is always in the mood and this kinda rattles me. I enjoy spending time with her, but I feel like everytime we are alone cuddleing that we are obligated to do it, so therefore I'm starting to not like the idea of cuddling. Especially since last time I had trouble staying in the mood/focusing, kinda ruined the moment ::(:

Supernova

29 and still one, no experience at all. Sort of might have had a chance, had an online girlfriend - on off relationship, she visted me twice but we were too nervous to look at each other much less do anything else. She told me after towards the end of the second visit how she thought about kissing me, I was suprised. We broke up not long after the second vist after having known each other online for about 8 years, quite volitile relationship/friendship, I was immature and not knowing what I wanted/scared. She was bossy and a pain sometimes!

But I won't get that sort of chance again, someone who liked me, she was a virgin too. We don't speak now but have a few times over the years, she lost her virginity to some old guy (early mid 40's) and got on with her life. She felt she didn't fit in at university and afterwards. I knew I was holding her back, because as I suspected most of the problems were in her head, she did have friends etc, she just needed a push.

Anyway I never really wanted sex, I think I'd just be too scared, I'm just lonely.

I'm very much not a virgin. In fact, sex is one of the few social situations in which I feel confidant and competent; therefore, I seek it out often.

Jester

Yes.

I kind of want to wait for marriage but I'm not 100% sure on that.

But given my self esteem issues I don't know if I'll ever be loved or get married.