anyone play any instruments, or have some hidden talent? :]

ktea

I'm taking up the violin again, after three years. =) I'm getting new strings for it in two days, and then lessons! I'm really gonna have to push myself.
I need something to focus on anyway. get my mind off all this anxiety.
=)

Sooo what instrument do you play, or would like to?

Carstuar

I used to play the guitar when I was a kid. No talent, though.
I think I -might- be a decent singer, but we'll never know for sure :p

saphyre

No, I have no hidden talent/s. :p I did want to learn how to play guitar at one time.. still kinda do. If I had the motivation, I would probably try to teach myself. But before I even attempt that, I need to get myself a decent guitar! One day.. maybe.

Lewis

ghost train....your music is wicked man! really good! I love it. The one with the toes, I love those chords.....really beautiful. Have you got anymore recorded that I could listen to? and have you got any multitrack recording software? Cause the kind of chords you were coming up with I reckon would sound immense if you got a multitrack and started layering the sounds up. Plus, have you ever thought of using your sounds as backing to images or video? I'm not sure exactly what video....maybe just steal some from the web....but I think your music could work brilliantly to images and video.....thats my opinion anyway!

and red ribbons, your voice is so good! I started welling up at one point! I can hear all your sadness in your voice....it's really beautiful. Do you have any other recordings anywhere?

SilentType

Banned
I play guitar. I was getting lessons when I first started at 15, but I didn't feel like it was worth it... After that I just learned songs through the internet and eventually picked up all kinds of chords, scales and progressions and now I can just jam out and come up with my own stuff on the go. My panic disorder hampers my playing ability though when I'm trying to jam with other people... My mind just goes blank and I'm too self-conscious to even give it a decent try haha.... Oh well, maybe I'll learn some more instruments and become a one man band. I wish I had some recording equipment so I could share some of my stuff with you guys tho...

Peace

ghost_train

Lewis said:
ghost train....your music is wicked man! really good! I love it. The one with the toes, I love those chords.....really beautiful. Have you got anymore recorded that I could listen to? and have you got any multitrack recording software? Cause the kind of chords you were coming up with I reckon would sound immense if you got a multitrack and started layering the sounds up. Plus, have you ever thought of using your sounds as backing to images or video? I'm not sure exactly what video....maybe just steal some from the web....but I think your music could work brilliantly to images and video.....thats my opinion anyway!

and red ribbons, your voice is so good! I started welling up at one point! I can hear all your sadness in your voice....it's really beautiful. Do you have any other recordings anywhere?

wow cheers. yeah, I've got a digital multitrack. I recorded a sort of EP (in the loosest sense of the term) about a year and a half ago. the friends that I played it to said they really liked it (and claim to still listen to some tracks now). My parents didn't quite...'get it'. Yeah, I like the idea of setting some of them to music. I need to get some kind of program to do that though...

Generical

Used to play the guitar but it was just a faze i think....also nearly bought a bass but i figured the same thing would happen.......so yeah not really got anything lol, suppose i got a mean whistle : P

RedRibbons

lol with all this guitar talk.. we've gotten an advertisement about learning guitar now. :p

Thanks for the comments (about my singing). ^^ I don't have anything else recorded right now. ;o Soon.. I will.. I think..

Lewis

ghost_train said:
My parents didn't quite...'get it'.

LOL! yea, I know that feeling!

yea man, well keep up the good work...I reckon you could develop a really unique sound....and I'll keep my eyes peeled on your youtube site! I'm a fan!!!

p.s. dunno if this helps but there's a mad program here...

http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

it's called wax, and it's free and it's video editing software. I've only used it once but it worked pretty well.

anywayz, take it easy

dpr

Cool, violin! You must have one hell of an ear, I can't wrap my mind around the "no frets" thing.

I play a few instruments, but my main one is guitar. I also teach.

Here's my band myspace thingy: http://www.myspace.com/deadpanrookie

And here's a youtube vid of me playing "for real":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-WAdtcH2UdI

saphyre, if you get a guitar, i will e-teach you. for real. it's easy. get a guitar okay? a yamaha or something cheap! it'll be fun!

that1guy

This is the perfect thread for me.
Im a freak of hidden talents... trust me this is rediculous. 1) I can do the belly roll pretty damn good. And yes I wouldn't mind getting on stage with Shakira at all. 2) I can do the tit flex like in Forgetting Sarah Marshal. A ton better than the way that goofy ass actor did it though. 3) This is gonna freak you out... but I can pluck ball hairs out of my ball sack. May sound like it would hurt but I doesn't hurt me at all. I geuss Ive balls of steel or somethin.