anyone play any instruments, or have some hidden talent? :]

Quetzalcoatl

First of all, for those of you who posted links, you are all really talented! I enjoyed hearing the "practice" on youtube (what song was that btw? Sounds familiar) and then the dude playing with his toes! Damn

I play guitar, and I am working on production, recording, mixing.
My myspace page here has my music, and a vid of me shredding, and a video of my playing classical guitar...
www.myspace.com/davidcarlino

aboobooboobooo

Not sure if this is a talent but I'm a damn good boxer and a computer geek. I thought it would help with SA, but it doesn't. However I do get to take out my anger on people. :D

Caseums21

I play the piano (10 years), flute (11 years), and saxophone (7 years). I'm learning the ukulele now. I'm also excellent at x-box 360 and playstation. I usually rent games and beat games in that time frame. Mostly military games.

Krellian

Caseums21 said:
I'm also excellent at x-box 360 and playstation. I usually rent games and beat games in that time frame. Mostly military games.
I'm excellent at PS2 games, especially jrpg then :)

worrywort

DPR!!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!! I'm just listening to your music on your myspace page and it's awesome man!!! I just listened to "defeated" and it's genius! This is really good stuff!! like, potentially, REALLY good.....it has this genuine charm about it.....really lovable......if you made an album of this stuff I may very well buy it!!!

do you write and record alone, or are you in a band?

dpr

worrywort said:
DPR!!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!! I'm just listening to your music on your myspace page and it's awesome man!!! I just listened to "defeated" and it's genius! This is really good stuff!! like, potentially, REALLY good.....it has this genuine charm about it.....really lovable......if you made an album of this stuff I may very well buy it!!!

do you write and record alone, or are you in a band?

Thank you so much, you have no idea how good it is to hear you say that! I was having a bad day too, so thanks again.

I record alone but I have been in a band, and I collaborate with other people on a lot of my albums.

I have a website with lots more on it, just let me know if you want the address.

I'm glad you like Defeated, but I didn't write that one. The rest of the songs are originals, but I covered Defeated with a friend of mine. the original version is by this crazy band of hippes called "The Fugs." I tried to make my version as different as possible from theirs, but I love the original. You should download it!

So your name is worrywort... is it safe to assume you are a radiohead fan?

Videotape

on a more serious note (pun intended), DPR, i also like your music. if u got good quality versions of those myspace songs send some to me please.

Remus

Staff member
Yeah I play guitar, sing, compose and a little keyboards

was in a band for few years (scarey), also do art stuff, recent years I do computer art 2D and 3D

playthepsychedelic

Re: anyone play any instruments, or have some hidden talent?

ktea said:
I'm taking up the violin again, after three years. =) I'm getting new strings for it in two days, and then lessons! I'm really gonna have to push myself.
I need something to focus on anyway. get my mind off all this anxiety.
=)

Sooo what instrument do you play, or would like to?
<3 violin :D

strawberrybrunette

I draw and paint - i won't say "i'm an artist" because it makes me feel like a twat. But studying art at school now, i draw/paint/sculpt/photograph/photomanipulate etc. roughly seven/eight hours a day - it's lost all fun, and i never have time to produce the art i want, school assignments take up all my time.

Occasionally i pen a poem, but none are very good. And i want to learn the piano - i need a hobby, a distraction, from the work/SA combination - it's driving me into the ground.

worrywort

dpr said:
Thank you so much, you have no idea how good it is to hear you say that! I was having a bad day too, so thanks again.

I record alone but I have been in a band, and I collaborate with other people on a lot of my albums.

I have a website with lots more on it, just let me know if you want the address.

I'm glad you like Defeated, but I didn't write that one. The rest of the songs are originals, but I covered Defeated with a friend of mine. the original version is by this crazy band of hippes called "The Fugs." I tried to make my version as different as possible from theirs, but I love the original. You should download it!

So your name is worrywort... is it safe to assume you are a radiohead fan?

yea I'd love to have a look at your website. I love nosing around other peoples creations!

I had a listen to the fugs version of defeated and I have to say this may be one of the rare occasions that I actually prefer the cover to the original!

and yea I'm a massive Radiohead fan....slightly less so nowadays....it was the whole ok computer/kid a phase that got me really obsessed, but they're still probably my favourite band.

dpr

Videotape said:
on a more serious note (pun intended), DPR, i also like your music. if u got good quality versions of those myspace songs send some to me please.

haha serious note, that's punderful!

and thanks, i am glad you liked it. i have good WAV quality versions on my website. i'll PM it to you. but even the WAV ones are kind of lo-fi. I'm more of a songwriter than a recording engineer, but I try. So my recording skills aren't very good, but I think I'm getting better.

I would also like to see you morph into the dinosaur, if you have it on video by any chance?

Remus

Staff member
Does anyone find thier "problems" interfere with thier creativity?

I had long periods of allmost manic creativity, then disolutionment and long peroids or nothing, just total and utter un-inspired

dpr

Remus said:
Does anyone find thier "problems" interfere with thier creativity?

I had long periods of allmost manic creativity, then disolutionment and long peroids or nothing, just total and utter un-inspired

Well yes and no. I mean, I think if it weren't for my problems I wouldn't be drawn to creative outlets. But yeah, it's weird creating something cuz it comes out just for you, then you wonder what other people will think about it, the perfectionism creeps in and then the feeling that you'll never be able to create something as good ever again. That's what happens to me anyways.

I sometimes go days without sleeping because I'm in the middle of creating something and then I crash. It's almost like a drug. I totally get what you mean about the long dry spells too. I think they are maybe not that long but just seem that way.