Anyone else dream about the perfect friend?

FlashGit

I know it's silly and useless, but i often find myself fantasizing about the perfect friend, a person that would completely understand me. Someone who wouldn't mind me telling them what im feeling, someone intelligent that i can appreciate music with. The list of desirable traits goes on, but you get the picture.
Does anyone else do this?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No. I have a group of the most awesome friends ever.

Nobody's perfect, though. There's no such thing as the perfect friend. Everyone has flaws. There will always be differences, interests both parties won't share, debates, fights... but that's normal. It's normal in every relationship.

FlashGit

No. I have a group of the most awesome friends ever.

I can't envy you enough.

Nobody's perfect, though. There's no such thing as the perfect friend. Everyone has flaws. There will always be differences, interests both parties won't share, debates, fights... but that's normal. It's normal in every relationship.

I guess you're right, i lose sight of reality when i'm sleep deprived.

dottie

yeah, someone who is very outgoing who drags me out of my shell.

...and that is the codependent in me.

truffleshuffle

I know what your saying but no one is perfect and will enjoy every thing you do. Whats fun about that? I mean you have to have a little spice in life. but If you find someone that meets most of your list I think your doing good.

Solitudes_Grace

I know it's silly and useless, but i often find myself fantasizing about the perfect friend, a person that would completely understand me. Someone who wouldn't mind me telling them what im feeling, someone intelligent that i can appreciate music with. The list of desirable traits goes on, but you get the picture.
Does anyone else do this?

Yes. I do this all the time.

Goblinko

I already did this, but after I learned to not be a perfectionist, the perfect friend(s) actually do not exist.

If someone like from you and vice-versa, he/she likes from you for what you are, with all your qualities and weaknesses.

Fighter86

Not really. I have pretty much given up on friends, but to find the perfect partner would be great it is one of my biggest desires.

Isolated_Writer

yes. I have an almost perfect friend. But it's the flaws in our relationship that makes it perfect. She lives pretty far away from me so i only see her for about a couple of days every two months. We communicate all the time by email though. When i do see her we are inseperable. We finish each others setences. When i am with her its the only time i can be a normal teenager, mostly because i'm not scared of what she thinks off me or what people will think of her, since i hardly know anyone where she lives and vis versa

yup i do this most of the time. i think a true friend is loyal, honest, respectful, enjoyable to be around with, comfortable to be around with, tells you how it is, and backs u up no matter the situation. thats just me cuz i was raised in a different environment then probably most of you all. It wouldnt hurt to find a nice lady like that either.

pop-princess

I have 2 maybe 3 friends that I really love but I always fantasize of having a friend that share all my interests. I'm really interested in music, politics and culture but I don't really have anyone to discuss with about my interests. I also would like a friend that would like to go out with me to clubs and concerts.

xDreamseller

You can stop dreaming...I'm here now FlashGit :p

On a serious note however, I would just like someone there to trust with things, not that I have anything terrible important going on in my life (yet ^^) but just to know I have someone in the world who I am so close to that values our friendship over anything else. Like a group of people you can always depend on for anything.

vanillabear

All the time :sad: The perfect friend for me would be someone who I don't have to pretend with and someone who genuinely shares my sense of humour..