Anybody else somewhat of a masochist?

DanFC

For some reason I'm compelled to see how all these people who I very much dislike are doing in their lives on facebook, and they have relationships and parties and all the good stuff of life. Some of these are people who really, really get on my nerves; others are those within whom I see what I could have been. Either way, I make myself miserable. Which usually leads me to start drinking.

Just did it to myself a couple minutes ago. This kid whose neck I felt like snapping more than once changed his relationship status to "in a relationship" with someone who I used to know, someone I used to have a crush on -_-

Anyways, I'm sure some of you guys do something similar?

AimeeSP

Oh wow, i'm not alone in this! I do this every single day. I look at 'friends' photos and feel awful because i know if it wasn't for social phobia, i'd have been part of that photo. I don't know why i do this to myself but i can't help it. :confused:

Rxqueen

I'm the same way.....I purposefully added people I absolutely hated in high school and I always check their status to see how happy they are....it's pretty pathetic really...i never even talk to any of my 'friends' on facebook.....I just look at their lives and realize how sad mine really is....

mads

Stole your girl ? I know how it feels. In your head it's like: she left you for him, although you're better than him, but cannot show her that because your anxiety. That's how its like ? Unfair, I know, I felt it. Many times, cause I had many crushes.

But reality is not that. Think of it. WOuld you ever asked that girl out? So anyway, with him or with some other guy, she has a relashinship, she cant stay single.

Anyway, I didnt understand why you're a masochist? just for drinking ?:confused:

I hope you get over it, make a crush on someone else, distract your attention from her. Of course a better advice is get a gf, but we all know what that involves

I agree with you 100%

Especially on the thing that he should try to forget about her and maybe remove them from his FB. I know it is hard to do but it is the best thing he can do. Of course it is hard to know that your former crush now is with a guy you dont like. But if she likes this kind of guy, maybe she would not be a girlfriend for you.

I am a mosochist too. I know of this word because a friend of my gave me a book about masochists. it describes how much machosists can hurt themselfes personally in their mind. Not in the sexual way of course.
I am totally that way.

I will try to find the english title of this book. cuz its by an english writer..
Maybe its a good book for you guys too ;)

xxx

DanFC

Stole your girl ? I know how it feels. In your head it's like: she left you for him, although you're better than him, but cannot show her that because your anxiety. That's how its like ? Unfair, I know, I felt it. Many times, cause I had many crushes.

But reality is not that. Think of it. WOuld you ever asked that girl out? So anyway, with him or with some other guy, she has a relashinship, she cant stay single.

Anyway, I didnt understand why you're a masochist? just for drinking ?:confused:

I hope you get over it, make a crush on someone else, distract your attention from her. Of course a better advice is get a gf, but we all know what that involves

I was just using that as an example. Yeah, it's partly because of the checking up on people I hate thing. But also, I have purposely ruined relationships for the hell of it, I make things intentionally hard for myself (that are not related to social problems), and I do some pretty messed up things when drunk, like trying to carve my name on my chest with a knife. Again, this stuff isn't like hardcore "I like to punish myself" stuff, but it's enough to say I'm at least a little messed up ;) Just like so many others here it seems.

And lol serafina.

Apple Strudel

Sadly...I could relate. But in all honesty, are you guys are THAT inferior to them? In what ways???

I don't view having kids, in a relationship or having social gatherings (perhaps some are just for show) as being successful in life. There are many things in life that are more than these...

Okay, maybe I don't see these things but I do acknowledge that graduating from a degree or a diploma college school is one of the good things and even though i'm going to enrol myself into one this year, I still have many things to sort out and I pray that everything goes smoothly because every stage now is tough :(

I guess that's how you guys feel when your seeing your past 'friends' going through it earlier than you and you start to question yourselves. I can feel that and relate.

Emily_G

The best thing is to avoid doing things like that, try to keep them from your mind. Hard to do....but with time it gets easier. I used to dwell on ex-boyfriends and made myself crazy.

lunarla

I'd probably be inclined to do it more often if it didn't make me physically sick to my stomach. Whenever I log on and do that kinda thing it makes me feel awful, mentally and physically. I really could only last on there about 5 minutes tops. When I would go on, I wouldn't necessarily check on people I dislike, but just people who have amplified my insecurity (unknowingly). Or just about any girl, really can do that.

xxaimsxx

*Raises hand*
I havent done it in a long while actually. I made myself forget about people. But still am tempted.
It makes me so depressed seeing people who used to be horrible to me have a lovely life. I sound like a propper victim dont i?
Im tempted to email ex friends but am scared incase they dont remember me.

Kat

Yeah, it’s one of the reasons I avoid facebook don’t want to face my old memories, but I have done that to myself in other ways. There use to be this game forum I would hang around when I was about 16 and it was basically a haven for bullies, but I still felt the need at times to go back there in some twisted way it seemed like I had become more accustomed to hanging around that type of behavior. Glad, I pulled myself away from that because I am not like that and I don’t understand why I wanted to be around it.

agoraphobickatie

yeah, my vocabulary sucks so i don't know the entire definition of a masochist or anything...

buuut i'm kind of that way with facebook, and i have no idea why? haha.. i don't really make myself upset/miserable or mad.. there's this chick who i went to high school with and she's pretty unfortunate looking, and she's now in a relationship with this guy who used to be my favorite 'friend with benefits' (HAHA).. anyway, it's just weird that they ended up together.. i look at her facebook all the time 'cause she always talks about them in her statuses and whatnot.. and i just look and i'm always like "weird ...so weird!" haha.. idk, it's whatever, lol