Any insomniacs here?

FriendlyShadow

Most of the time I can sleep fine, but sometimes I'll go to bed and my anxiety will suddenly take over. I try to do deep breathing and not turn around too much when I'm laying down. Has anyone gone days without much/no sleep.

MollyBeGood

That's horrible to go for days without sleep. Have you tried any natural sleep aids like herbs before? I use a combo of valerian root and magnesium to help me sometimes. It's cheap and you can get it at any drug store. Also chamomile tea before bed helps. Weed helps me too if it's the couch-lock variety.

LoyalXenite

I go through cycles, there'll be a few weeks or months where I sleep in four hour bursts, if Im lucky I'll get two bursts a day, otherwise I get one. Then theres weeks where I sleep in four or six hour naps every two days, then I'll have a few weeks of sleeping 12 - 16 hours a day. I struggle to sleep at night so most of this occurs during the day.
I went to bed around 7am this morning and woke at like 2:30pm ish so Im in an adjustment cycle right now, I was just on the four or six hour naps for the last few weeks, and if I didnt have uni right now I'd be on the 12-16 hours stage but coz I have stuff to do its all over the place until I settle into the next stage.

LoyalXenite

I think my record is 3 days of no sleep, but I regularly have periods where I only sleep every two days and thats horrible enough

FriendlyShadow

I think my record is 3 days of no sleep, but I regularly have periods where I only sleep every two days and thats horrible enough

I heard some people can go on for weeks/months of getting no sleep. The "You need 8 hours of sleep" isn't possible for me. I'm probably get at least 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

GraybeardGhost

I went 100 hours without sleep once in college. Near the end, I could see smoke coming out of my computer screen and the right side of my face was twitching at random intervals. Not recommended.

Now I sleep poorly through the night, waking frequently, and I often get up early, around 5:00 or so (no alarm). Most afternoons I have a nap, either because I'm falling asleep on the couch or because I don't know what else to do. Sometimes I wonder why, but since I don't know, I do it anyway. Perhaps I'm becoming a cat.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I’ve been struggling with the past few weeks...

Though, a whole week is the longest I’ve gone without sleep.

The worst it’s gotten recently is, either, me no bothering to change outta ma pyjamas or sending a whole day in bed.

I’m not as bad as I used to be, though. Ah still find it difficult to get comfy and settled. Partly because the aches n’ pains ma disability causes me. But, nowadays, it’s mostly just the fact that I’m not ready doing much during the day to cause me to feel knackered and ready for bed by early evening. Well, except when my nieces come n’ visit... :LOL:

MollyBeGood

I went 100 hours without sleep once in college. Near the end, I could see smoke coming out of my computer screen and the right side of my face was twitching at random intervals. Not recommended.

Now I sleep poorly through the night, waking frequently, and I often get up early, around 5:00 or so (no alarm). Most afternoons I have a nap, either because I'm falling asleep on the couch or because I don't know what else to do. Sometimes I wonder why, but since I don't know, I do it anyway. Perhaps I'm becoming a cat.
The last line is so funny! Made me lol
I must be a bear because I basically go into hibernation mode anymore.

GraybeardGhost

In the grip right now. Went to bed at a decent hour (before midnight, at least), but a few hours later, here I am. Woke up, started thinking about the rotten state of myself, how it has driven every good thing out of my life, and how it's about time to just pull the damn plug already. Lots of ideas on that.

Such is the chorus inside my head. There might be a verse about ordering groceries (a frequent ordeal), or one about my poor, sad wreck of a car, or this dump I live in and the shifty landlords who run it, but it always comes back to the same refrain. Sleep is the only real escape, but elusive at times, and even then I sometimes have to fight the devil in my dreams: fists and knives against a faceless enemy who can really only be my own repulsive, hated self. Not much use, and nothing won. I just wake up hating that much more.

I think maybe I'll have a cup of tea. Sleepytime seems right. Chamomile and some other stuff. Soothe the savage, or at least try. It's 3:35 in the A.M. here in my corner of this big, round rock, and there's not much else to do.

oNecoOlazN

Most of the time I can sleep fine, but sometimes I'll go to bed and my anxiety will suddenly take over. I try to do deep breathing and not turn around too much when I'm laying down. Has anyone gone days without much/no sleep.
Me...i want to sleep and am tired but its like my mind is racing..yes i am indeed veryyyyyty stressed our and anxious...it is 6 am and havent slept a wink

FriendlyShadow

Well last night I was so anxious I didnt think I was gonna fall asleep. I almost cried because of how bad it was. It scared me. I think it was partly due to a bad situation I had with someone and I couldnt stop dwelling over it.

Graeme1988

Got to sleep a wee bit early last night... half past 2 in the morning.

Though, the previous nights before that I was still awake by 4 o’clock in the morning. Desperately wanting to get up and writing and record some music, but knowing I can’t, since I don’t living in a more rural, countryside area.

Graeme1988

Still not sleeping right. My sleep pattern is utterly fuct !

Didn’t drift off until about half past 2 in the bloody morning, today. Then ah just lay in bed until half past one in the afternoon, cuz ah could’nae be arsed getting oot ma bed.

I also think the fact the family drama going on around me is bothering me so much is the fact I’m not sleep well.

LoyalXenite

Didnt sleep at all last night, by the time I was ready for bed my alarm for uni was going to go off, so I slept after classes ended until half to midnight :LOL:

FriendlyShadow

I seem to sleep a lot better when I don't have things to worry about at the moment. Although family drama can really make the anxiety in us a lot worse. I sometimes don't really know how much longer I'll have to live on this Earth.... like what if I die tomorrow and that's it? I'm such a fragile person.