Another new soul.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I've recently started improving my diet. I'm doing the best that I can considering my budget. I know diet plays a huge role but there are specific contributing factors. Which yeah, I'm sure I'd be able to manage better with proper nutrition...
What's your diet like? Any tips?

Well in my case a big part of my problem was gluten and lactose. Once I stopped those, my life changed. Then I cut caffeine and sugar as well and my life changed even more. Now I drink coffee again (because I'm addicted to espresso) and use honey and maple syrop as sugar (all of it with moderation), so as a consequence, I don't eat anything processed besides gluten-free bread and pasta. That works for me.

You did eventually do it, though. You got the good job. It seemed like forever that you kept insisting next week would be the week they fire you, and what has it been now, two years? I told you they would learn to appreciate your awesomeness! :bigsmile:

It's been almost 3 years. I still think they could fire me anything time though, which keeps me from doing anything that would appear like I'm making myself at home like bringing plants at work or moving closer to my workplace. I do have brain problems, lol.

savagewisdom

I'm glad to hear some positivity, I understand what you mean by being able to feel the shift, good for you :). My life is hectic, but it could be worse thanks for asking. I hope that yours is going well or at least on the road to improvement! If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me, my doors always open :). Anyway, I've rambled enough!

Rambling is always welcome. I really don't mind it at all. In fact I usually like it.
I suppose a hectic life is better than an utterly barren one. :p

savagewisdom

Well in my case a big part of my problem was gluten and lactose. Once I stopped those, my life changed. Then I cut caffeine and sugar as well and my life changed even more. Now I drink coffee again (because I'm addicted to espresso) and use honey and maple syrop as sugar (all of it with moderation), so as a consequence, I don't eat anything processed besides gluten-free bread and pasta. That works for me.

It's been almost 3 years. I still think they could fire me anything time though, which keeps me from doing anything that would appear like I'm making myself at home like bringing plants at work or moving closer to my workplace. I do have brain problems, lol.

I've been considering eliminating my gluten intake and seeing how that goes. Lately I've been really trying to limit processed stuff and eat whole foods, drink a lot of water, etc. I like coffee but if I have too much it gives me the jitters. I'm so sensitive towards it, so I might as well break up with it.

Lexus199

Whether or not I draw ~well~ is up for debate. Where did you go on your trip?
I know what you mean about taking comfort in routine, even if the routine causes dissatisfaction. I think I know what I need, it's just a matter of manifesting it at this point.
I may take you up on your PM offer.
Thanks for the welcoming!

I went to Nashville. It entailed staying at the house of someone who has five roommates and lives a life really different from mine. I did a lot there. I also did a lot of listening. Being exposed to new people and new places just got me thinking about the possibility of change. I generally feel powerless to change.

Ree

I know how you feel! I want to go out and live life to the fullest, but find that my insecurities have held me back, and made me idle for most of my life. I hate having to have someone hold my hand through things all the time, or do things for me :( I WANT TO FEEL IN POWER! ARGHHH!