Another depressing thread...

Nack

Banned
Yea so I just bought this new mic for web cam chatting, and I realize how ****ed up i sound. I mean when i talk to myself or sing in the shower. I sound less asian" if you guys know what i mean, with the mic i can hear my asian accent coming to surface. It comes out to be higher than normal on mic. And I would say i have a deep voice in general, but idk. Its a 4$ mic... so i don't know if that's the problem or myself.

Yea so I just bought this new mic for web cam chatting, and I realize how ****ed up i sound. I mean when i talk to myself or sing in the shower. I sound less asian" if you guys know what i mean, with the mic i can hear my asian accent coming to surface. It comes out to be higher than normal on mic. And I would say i have a deep voice in general, but idk. Its a 4$ mic... so i don't know if that's the problem or myself.

Oh stop moaning!!! It's better then nothing eh? ::p:
I sound like an idiot in general so, count yourself lucky lol

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Just about everybody sounds weird when they hear themselves recorded. What I hate is that when I know I'm being recorded and that makes my voice higher coz I'm nervous. And...asian is bad?

Pink_Paula

This is probably another self esteem issue... I dunno but every time i hear it, a bit of me die inside.

I hate the way my voice sounds as well, i feel like it is way to manly and deep. I've been told it's nothing like that, but in my head it's what i hear. I'm sure your voice isn't half as bad as what you think though!

mads

It is a $4 mic mate, they are normally quite bad sound wise. It will never catch your real sound. There is a big difference between a mic to $4 and a professional one to maybe $1000 or more

So you have nothing to worry about

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm sure your voice is not as bad as you think. And there's nothing wrong with having an accent. A lot of people have an accent, me included ;)

philly2bits

I hate hearing my voice played back. It sounds so different then how I hear it in my own head when I talk. But I know it's not that bad.

lunarla

Accents are so neat! And even cute, dare I say :O

My Biology teacher has a fairly thick Asian accent and he's freaking awesome and brilliant. :)

Luke1993

Haha my voice sounds really stupid when recorded as well, but my mic is built in to my computer, so I don't know how good the quality is.

My solution to the problem is that I never record myself, so I never have to sound stupid!

And yeah there's nothing wrong with being asian! They are the ultimate badasses! Just look at the guy in my avatar doing the human flag!