Am I crazy? (serious awnsers please)

Ok, this is a little like my old thread. I don't know where to start. A few months ago I rote a story about 3 teens who go on a massacre at their high school and then commit suicide in the end. (inspired by the coloumbine massacre). I find myself wanting to kill random people and wishing horrible disasters (like the earthquake in Japan) to happen to other countries. I also find myself laughing when I read about things like the Virginia tech massacre and I even find myself wanting to do something like it. I also think about suicide often even though I'm on medication. Do I need to be hospitalized? I don't know...

BiWinning

Yes, I honestly think you need help before you become destructive to other people, besides just your brain.

philly2bits

Without knowing more about you or your situation I have to say some professional intervention is needed. The fact you would ask here shows you've come to the same conclusion and need some encouragement to proceed.

Sora

Agreed with BiWinning you need to get some professional help. It sounds like thinking alone isnt going to do it.

Please seek help, these are not good thoughts!

WeirdyMcGee

Do you think you're crazy?
Sometimes people who are crazy don't see themselves as crazy because their view of the world is warped.

I'd say you should seek professional help.
Since you are coming here and asking - you probably already know you have a problem but are too scared to go and ask for help without encouragement.
So; ask for help.
You should actively try to change before you end up hurting other people or yourself.

JuicyFruit

I'm kinda like that too. I can day dream about killing people in the most gruesome ways.
And i kinda lol when i read about ppl die as well. I'm thinking about suicide too.
So, do i think we should need professional help? Yes, i certainly do. Before our fantasies starts becoming real!

Lowlight

Topics like Columbine and Virginia Tech can be enthralling. There is just something about certain institutions that makes you want to hurt everyone around you (high school and college being two). For some it's thrilling to imagine what you would say, how you would walk, and what would you see in that situation.

But enough about that. On to you. Are these thoughts a constant undertone in your life or do they only appear when triggered by something (like a graphic scene in a movie or something)? Are they intrusive thoughts that you get disgusted with yourself for having? Another question is have you ever acted on any of these feelings?

My last question is do you want to be a monster? Seriously and honestly. Would you enjoy hurting someone with all the repercussions that come with that action. You don't just get the immediate rush from seeing the blood and smelling the flesh. You have to feel the ripple effect of sorrow the you would create for your family, the families of the victims, the community, and so on. If you would be willing to go through all of that then I would recommend that you get yourself checked in somewhere where they can help you.

I don't know. Sometimes it's very tempting to get a knife and just stab anyone who looks at me funny. Like today I really wanted to go into a random building and just kill anyone I find and then myself (coloumbine style).

There must be some serious issues making you think/feel this way.
I think you need a professional to help you to find and deal with those isssues as soon as possible.

Silatuyok

Honestly, this thread scares the bejeebus outta me. And I don't entirely see the point of it, other than scaring people.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Any time you are feeling suicidal or homicidal-- especially when you are meds; you should report it to your doctor immediately.

Meds can help you but they can also HURT you alot which is why it's important to go to your doctor any time you are feeling very depressed or angry or numb while on the medication.

And yes, I think you should get some tests done, speak with your doctor and possibly be hospitalized.
There's no question about it.
Your fantasies are crossing over into every day thought and it's not healthy.
You don't need to have people call you crazy to know that there's something not quite right going on in your head and the sooner you get checked out, the sooner you can get results.

D

deleted #89

Yeah dude you shouldn't verbalize/post on your desire to " kill " The S.Service always scan the web for things like that.....

Remus

Staff member
I'm kinda like that too. I can day dream about killing people in the most gruesome ways.
And i kinda lol when i read about ppl die as well. I'm thinking about suicide too.
So, do i think we should need professional help? Yes, i certainly do. Before our fantasies starts becoming real!

I think you also should follow the advice I just gave to the original poster.

-lonestar-

yes everyone here is right this are thoughts about killing, pain inflicted upon others is a sign of utmost self hatred. Believe me pain hurts you more than you could imagine, nobody deserverves pain, you need to speak to a shrink!

You want to end the suffering within you, other people without protection should never be targeted, don't be the evil one find love and understanding. If you do not see clearly the line between real and unreal you are heading in the wrong path. seek professional assistance, destruction will only turn you into a virus.

Last edited:

Insane1

Yeah you prolly need some help... BUT it's good that you realise something is wrong with you,crazy people don't realize they are crazy. So yeah,seek some proffesional help,I'm sure everything's gonna be alright.

Thanks for the awnsers guys.

Do you think the medication could be the cause of these thoughts? Do you remember having such thoughts before taking your medication? SSRIs like zoloft are known to cause suicidal/homicidal thoughts.

Yes, I was feeling this way when I wasn't on medication.