A Place to Introduce Yourself

thumbs

Guess I better introduce myself, I'm from the UK and had problems with sa/agoraphobia for a while. Look forward to interacting with you all. :)

silentmike

Hello all!

Hey I'm Mike, I'm 20 and a college student from Massachusetts. I think this forum is great; I pretty much have no friends so I'd like to meet people who understand what this is like. If anyone from Mass. would like to chat and possibly meet or hang out send me a message. Even if you just want to chat thats cool. Oh well, I look forward to meeting you all.

Mike

Webb

intro

hi everyone. im a 17 yr old girl still at school (sixth form) and still suffering from severe shyness/social anxiety disorder since from... well since forever. i cant actually believe that there are other people out there that suffer from the same life crippling symptoms that i do --> this site is a blessing. just when i feel my lowest i now dont feel like giving up its made me want to CHANGE even more. i hope this is where i can actually make some friends seeing as i am a bit of a loner on the outside world maybe now i can hopefully make some frinds on social phobia world as hopefully i may now be understood!

sometimes i feel that whats the point of carrying on my education - going to sixth form when i not even capable of being so called normal and talking!!! and that even when i do talk my voice is so quiet i am never heard and feel that i cannot physically raise my voice for fear, so then i think whats the point of talking when no-one cares what ive got to say - i was wondering are these all symptoms: feeling incapable, unworthy and just not normal??

sam_antha86

HI im samantha, 20 years old, from the UK
im not sure what my problem is, but i think SP is part of it.
Im a blusher, and i do it allll the time, its driving me up the wall.
Gods way of toning me down i think , lol
it stops me from doing a lot , i want to change jobs but im scared of having to meet new people again.
i have been working at my current job for a year and a half, and only feel now that i have been accepted as the blushing girl. it hurts that people find it amusing. when i just want to crawl away and die.

i cant be surrounded by too many people as i feel they are looking at me, which triggers my blushing, which makes them ask 'why are you going so red'! makes me go even redder !

just walking through town i find uncomfortable!

is this sp?

_oba_

I have been lurking around this board for years. Couldn't make up my mind to post a message because of my bad english and forumphobia :p.

Okay, I'm 21 years old male. I have had socialphobia ever since i was little kid.

javajoe

fine I will get started

I thought this website was B.S. and then I read... this stuff about social avoidance disorder (whatever it is). avoiding making friends, because of low self esteem? something like that. That's kind of me. no idea why. come on, I work a lot, and I'm smart, about 40 (old but good looking, or at least women seem to think so). So what now?

Oh, and by the way, I think that Virginia Tech guy (I went to college there) had issues that may tie into some of the stuff you all seem to bring up. OK so now I owned up to the fact that I need more friends. now what? :?
this website is probably more for teenagers and young adults, I know. Still it would be nice to feel better and move on and make a better life.

I am Wayne InSane but you Cunts banned me and I had to reregister a little while ago with a hyphen in my username. :roll: Props go out to my homie of 9 years in real-life Scissorman - we're all fucking crazy here dudes! :twisted:

Brian031168

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm new to the forum. Basically new to talking about my problems with anybody. I have been living with Clinical Depression and Chronic Anxiety Dissorder for as long as I can remember, trying to deal with it all myself, but I think it is time to reach out for help.
I think this will be easier to do with other people who have similar experiences. I get tired of people who don't understand just telling me I need to "cheer up" "just be strong, you can do it" "dont worry, your just feeling down" If it was that easy I wouldnt be they way I am.

Anyway, hope I can find someone to talk to here, I really need that.

G'day, my name is Dan. I'm 24 and from Sydney, Australia. I don't have a social phobia, but I'm here because I suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

I was diagnosed with OCD at the age of 21 and have been unable to work for 18 months because of it. I also have ADHD and depression.

I have been on all the different medications: Risperdal, Lithium, Lamictal, Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, Epilem, and Anafranil. I'm currently on Zyprexa and Luvox. I'm currently in my second bout of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I had a relapse.

I have OD'd on sleeping pills twice because I just wanted to go to sleep without having to do my night-time OCD rituals. I have been exploring the option of temporary hospitalisation just for a month or two of constant monitoring.

Apart from that, I have five brothers and sisters, two parents and two gorgeous dogs named George and Alby.

I'm a sports fanatic and would ideally love to spend the rest of my life as an author, a dream that is hard to fulfill at the moment.

Glad to meet you all.

By the way, is that Widowmaker guy serious? What's the point of coming to these forums just to abuse people? Nothing better to do, I guess. Oh well, some people spend their time constructively and others spend it destructively.

missterious

Banned
I'm cross posting...

I'm cross posting this from the agoraphobia section since it looks to be a bit barren...

I remember when it started.

It was back in 2004ish when I went to a concert. I was up front in a huge crowd of people, and being someone who used to preform in stage performances crowds had never bothered me. I had just had thyroid surgery and my body was out of wack and before the concert ended I started feeling dizzy and got sick. I was with my friends and I was so embarrassed. I haven't gone to a concert since.

Since then, it wasn't really a big deal until around the holidays. I think its the stress I have since I work retail, it would escalate and I would begin to avoid going into the mall or stores for fear I might get sick. It was the worst this past holiday season. Grocery stores have since become my enemy, especially huge lighted ones like Walmarts. It got to the point where I couldn't even go to a nice restaurant without feeling like I was going to vomit, so for awhile besides work I would mostly stay at home or over at friend's houses I knew well. I felt so crazy, I was so embarrassed!

Finally I got fed up so I went to my family doctor. He said I had panic attacks caused by this disorder, and started me on medication. I took it for awhile but I really didn't like it since it dulled me and made me not really interested in anything, but I'm willing to try it again if it helps. I just moved to a new city and there is this very large, very neat store I have been wanting to go to. I've been looking it up on the internet for weeks, checking out what they have, and finally today got up the courage to go. I made it a bit inside then told my "support person" (my boyfriend) that I didn't feel comfortable, so I sat in the lavatory for awhile before deciding to go home. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to do what I wanted to, so I've decided its time to do something about it before I become housebound.

I heard support is a good thing during this process. So I found this site, and I'm looking forward to reading about your stories and suggestions and hopefully will share more of mine sometime soon. Thanks in advance!

Miss Terious

Amber_Nicole

Uh Hi ^_^

I'm 14 years old and a student from Virginia.

I'm not exactly sure if SP is what I have but for about my entire life I have isolated myself from social interaction. I came on the interent today looking for some info and I find this website which is helping alot. :roll:

IBM

Amber_Nicole said:
Uh Hi ^_^

I'm 14 years old and a student from Virginia.

I'm not exactly sure if SP is what I have but for about my entire life I have isolated myself from social interaction. I came on the interent today looking for some info and I find this website which is helping alot. :roll:

Hi! You're young and have plenty of time to overcome this! Glad you joined us.

nesh

Hi, I've struggled with SP for more that 7 years. I'm 23 and it's really affected my life. I found out about SP a few years ago and have lurked around a few SP forums since, but never contributed. I usually give up after trying to write my introduction message cos I end up writing my life story, which although I don't have a life, I can find lots of sh!t to write about. Hopefully this is about right. I'll just add that I'm a guy and I'm a student, well starting Uni for the 3rd time in a few weeks and am scared as fk.

fable

Well, I guess it would be polite to introduce myself now that I've joined this forum like ten minutes ago, not like anyone would actually read this but it doesn't bother me, really, ok, I'm stopping right now, the only thing I'd like to say is just I'm sorry if I interrupted someone or something. Please don't hit me. ^^"

Hello everyone, I'm fable from a kingdom far far away, which might affect my grammar a little bit. I just want to say that this place is really awesome. It's good to know that I'm not an only person on the world who's afraid of other people.

Thanks to all the people who have actually read this babbling for attention and the time and effort and everything.

MobiusX

Hi, I am 23 years old. I had social anxiety starting from age 10-now. I found out what social anxiety is until I was around the age of 18. I started isolating myself from my peers as a child. I am not able to do a lot of things that I want to do in my life because of social anxiety.

MobiusX said:
Hi, I am 23 years old. I had social anxiety starting from age 10-now. I found out what social anxiety is until I was around the age of 18. I started isolating myself from my peers as a child. I am not able to do a lot of things that I want to do in my life because of social anxiety.

Hi MobiusX, welcome to SPW!