30+ &Fabulous? :)

Feathers

Just thought we'd make a thread for all of us :)

There are quite some people in the 30+ category and I do think life is a bit different, so it would be great to hear from you!

PS You can post even if you don't think you're that fabulous, but I'm sure you probably ARE anyway!!

I'm not 30 yet, so ignore this post. ;3 Just wanted to say that I think this is a wonderful idea for a thread, Feathers. :3

Feathers

lol Coyote behave!!!

You're supposed to be an EXAMPLE to the little ones!! :)

You can start your own 40+ &Fabulous thread, but you can post in this one too!! :)
We allow you!! :)

This is supposed to be a SUPPORT thread!!

Simpsons, great to hear from you!! :)

Yeah, I had a bit of a 'crisis' before 30 too (there are BOOKS written about that, ya know!!) it does get in a way BETTER than the 20's or the teens though (like Whoopi Goldberg said!!) - okay in a way 'worse' too, cause people can expect one to have it 'all together' around this time too.. I like to listen to the song 'Sunscreen' then though...

I'm sure you're fabulous too, maybe you just don't feel that way!!

Kiwong

I'm 49 in a couple of months! I'm doing OK for an old codger. Having fun for the first time in many years. No more biege existane for me.

I think my crisis started when I was 37. I think I emerged out the other side of that dark period at age 45, much, much stronger.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
sure, why not

abfab8.gif

coyote

what are all us old people gonna talk about?

should we tell stories about the ancient times before the internet and cell phones?

i've got some great anecdotes about carbon paper and 8-track tapes

Feathers

Okay, I can imagine Coyote hitting on them?! :)

err, or maybe not??

Nathaniel, how old are you? Are you a proud member of the 30+ club or just ardent admirer? :D

Kiwong, you're a great inspiration!! :) YAY for not living in beige anymore!!

Feathers

Oops, Coyote beat me to it :)

Well, anecdotes of good ol' times - shoot away!! :)
(I'm not completely sure what an 8-track is, but I've played with carbon paper in my days of yore! am intrigued now)

Guess we're gonna talk about what makes us AWESOME (he he) and how we can make our lives even more awesome??
Any specific challenges (or victories) with regard to age-related sa welcome to be posted too, so other members can brainstorm ideas to increase awesomeness (or be inspired)?? :)
Any other suggestions welcome too...

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Nathaniel, how old are you? Are you a proud member of the 30+ club or just ardent admirer? :D
I turned 40 a few months ago.

I am not bitter. I am not filled with regrets. I am happier and mentally healthier than I was at 30 or 20. Perhaps ironically, I'm in better shape physically as well. I never expected I'd even be alive at this age, let alone doing better. Life's a funny thing.

Feathers

the one on the left looks a lot like my second ex-wife

Coyote LOL!! :)

Kiwong, think might need one yet? :eek: Nah!!
(I've seen one around and was fascinated - so that's what they're called!!)
had to Google up tech speak lol!
Well, it's good to be prepared and know one's options for LATER on in life maybe? Though I see you running/jogging on your 101st birthday too!!

Josette, I felt 79+ when I was 16!!
feel much younger now!! :)

miss_amy, thought you were in your early twenties!!
Is that a state of mind then? :)

Kiwong

what are all us old people gonna talk about?

should we tell stories about the ancient times before the internet and cell phones?

i've got some great anecdotes about carbon paper and 8-track tapes

Ahhh...the grand old days of microfiche, facsimiles, letraset and computers that took up the whole top floor of the office building.

coyote

Ahhh...the grand old days of microfiche, facsimiles, letraset and computers that took up the whole top floor of the office building.

don't forget the IBM Selectric with changeable type heads and correcting ribbon - amazing!!!