30+ &Fabulous? :)

Feathers

letra-huh? :) microfiche - is that the stuff from spy movies? :)

Nathaniel, officially Welcome to the club then too! :) Great to hear you're doing well & better than in 20's and 30's - very INSPIRING!!

Pingu & everyone else, thanks for the support too.. :) I guess it's important for younger generations to see that getting older (and wiser, hopefully! ha!) can indeed be a great or at least 'survivable' experience... (even if you don't get all your dreams come true... but at least all your worst fears won't probably come true either, mostly because they mutually annihilate each other...) And you'll get to brag about all the obsolete technology that existed when you were around! You know, ipods and ipads, before people actually used direct brain-to-brain meta-technology lol! (Well, we'll see... I sometimes get carried away... Maybe it's better if that one doesn't exist lol)

liquid paper - now you lose me though lol... is that like Edigs?
Ahh, apparently yes: lol Correction fluid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I remember typing for 3 hours on electric typewriter too!! ha!

simpsons2007

I don't think that it has hit me yet that I've reached 30. My mind still tells me that I'm still a teenager. I don't look 30 I've been told that I look like I'm in my early twenties and when I tell them I'm 30 they don't believe me. I've always looked a lot younger than I am. Which 10yrs ago really annoy me I would always be asked for I.D. when buying drink but now I think its quite good looking younger than I am. :)

Is it me or does time seem to go quicker as you get older?

Just like wine we all get better with age. :)

Feathers

Just like wine we all get better with age. :)

Yeah, or great whiskey. :D

People have thought I'm in my early 20's too lol (which I find quite unbelievable but hey) I think I look at least 25+ now, looked way younger for a long while though, yup Also: NO SMOKING!! :) A roomate who smoked had about the same amount of lines/wrinkles at 25... (she kept buying expensive eye creams and drinking citrus juice hehe) Agreed about annoyance factor too, now I just find it amusing...

Is it me or does time seem to go quicker as you get older?
hmm, maybe... It seems that some years in the past passed very quickly too though.. for me it's more like some months pass extremely quickly, or some seasons or half-years...
Elec typewriter? Mine had a ribbon and clunky keys! We had typing lessons at school.
lol! I recently got one back! hurts my fingers but doesn't hurt my eyes so! And it's quite a different feeling typing on one, different things get typed too!! :) no idea if I can find the ribbons and stuff anywhere though?

I <3 old typewriters!!

IGotSeoul

yeah, before that, we actually had to admit to our mistakes

or spend three hours typing the whole thing over again

the thought of this alone drives me mad. when i express thought in any form of writing i find myself revising every other word.

this post was something completely different before it was posted.

Nanita

Teenage angst has paid off well, now I´m bored and old.

I´m 30.
I can be fabulous at times.
I feel better and more calm than when I was 20...
I still like the music I liked when I was a teen...

Last edited:

Newtype

Teenage angst has paid off well, now I´m bored and old.

I´m 30.
I can be fabulous at times.
I feel better and more calm than when I was 20...
I still like the music I liked when I was a teen...

You have radiant beauty as well =)

Tiercel

Been 30 for about 8 months now. I've realized I don't need high wattage guitar amps, but it's still fun to daydream about the days when they were a necessity. I've never really been in a band, and I don't play or write as much as I did years ago.

It's rather nice to have a computer keep track of things like effects, spell durations, and conditions. Doing it manually is less streamlined, but playing on the computer isn't quite the same as sitting around the table with a few friends.

And while special effects in movies have gotten much better, it seems many of the stories (or maybe just actors?) have become more bland. Despite this I'll probably be going to see the new Conan movie when it comes out, against all better judgment I may have.

Fabulous? If you say so.... *shrug*

:D

Bittersweet

I'm just hitting my stride at 30. I'll be 31 next month. I'm learning how to make myself happy and let go of things ( and people )that hold me back.

I think it's going to be a great decade :)

doubleM

im 30 but i dont really feel it. my life isnt exactly fabulous. but the me of today would defeat the me of 20 at everything. i can say without doubt im a very different person.

Josette

I don't feel fabulous. I feel like I have an expiration date on my forehead. It hit me like a freight train about 3 weeks ago (my join date is not a coincidence). I have to get over this SA now ; if I turn 40 still trapped in SA, I swear I'm just going to give up.

Sprunk

I don't feel fabulous. I feel like I have an expiration date on my forehead. It hit me like a freight train about 3 weeks ago (my join date is not a coincidence). I have to get over this SA now ; if I turn 40 still trapped in SA, I swear I'm just going to give up.
I feel this way too.Though i felt like this when i was in my twenties and i'm still here.SA can be frustrating though i don't think you can put a time limit on your recovery.It would just add more pressure in my opinion