21/12/12 End of the world???

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
for-those-who-believe-the-world-will-end_small.jpg

Steppen-Wolf

The ancient Mayan predict it!, except they didn't and actual living Mayas have said it's a bunch of nonsense.

But I'm still getting a shotgun and a few rounds, no apocalypse is gonna catch me off guard.

Buda

NASA has confirmed now that December 21, late afternoon, the sky will be very dark.' It's an interesting phenomenon called "night".

AndyHan

Banned
For all: If that day come, what u guys gonna do? Run out the house or stay in the house! What if the street crack? ^^

coyote

the mayans didn't "predict the end of the world"

they devised a calendar system which charts one "world age" that lasts 5,000 and some odd years and corresponds to the earth's orbit around the milky way galaxy

when the earth reaches the end of this orbit, it begins again (as orbits do) as we enter a new "world age" for which the mayans did not create a calendar

it is as much a beginning of something as it is an ending

I don't know whether it's a joke or not, but it SERIOUSLY irks me when people say things like that. This planet hosts billions and billions of lifeforms. Most of which I can safely assume would not like to die, painfully or otherwise.

If you don't like life, that's one thing, but to actually hope that the world will end is to hope that everyone and everything dies with it. That means everyone's friends, everyone's family, everyone's pets, ect.

It's disrespectful.. Extremely so.