10 things you shouldn't say to someone with social anxiety!

sucettes

"YOU'RE BLUSHING" or "WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING?"

You certainly shouldn't say that. At least not to me. It makes me want to die! Honestly. It makes me feel so ashamed, useless and it makes the whole situation even worse.

Necrucifer

Most of those kind of make me mad or upset when there said...especially uncomfortable when someones asks why am I so quiet it is hard to tell them why because most people usually just leave me alone or try to rush things into getting me out or something.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
"What's wrong?/Are you okay?/Did I say something to offend you?/Are you mad at me?"

I've had most of the things on the list said to me before...but what exactly are people supposed to say? I guess not commenting on it at all is an option, but other than that...?

MikeyC

"What's wrong?/Are you okay?/Did I say something to offend you?/Are you mad at me?"

I've had most of the things on the list said to me before...but what exactly are people supposed to say? I guess not commenting on it at all is an option, but other than that...?
I suppose that means whoever is saying that is concerned for you, but that does get annoying, as well.

There's been a few times where my parents have asked if I'm okay, and I've desperately wanted to say, "well, no", but I haven't.

¯\(º_o)/¯

Just click on the link!

Social anxiety and others

What other things are there? I can't think of any more but these are my top 10 for sure.
most of the things on this list are the same thing just different wording, there have seen a few in this thread that
are more suited to the list

but i have heard every one of these things, but they dont bother me, i either just try and explain the reason or i try to be more talkative

Last edited:

JamesSmith

All of these things are things I've heard people say about me to other people, or things that people have said directly to me, from the age 22 to now. I'm 27 now.

"Oh don't worry about him, he's just a loser."
"Oh, but he's a wimp."
"He's so weird."
"You are such a freaking mute!"
"Don't worry about him, he's just got a small -----."
"Grow some balls."
"Man up."
"Grow up."
"You are socially immature."
"Haha, he's such a wuss."
"I hate you."
"I hate shy people. I think they shouldn't be allowed to work here."
"Your problem is you don't know how to stand up for yourself as a man. That's why women don't talk to you."
"Fire him! (Him being me) He makes me uncomfortable."
"He never says anything."
"What a little girl."
"He's like a little kid."
"Hey, little boy. Hahahahaha."
"He's so stupid."
"Dude, are you retarded? Hey, Jim, look at this kid! He's freaking retarded!"

As for the list the OP gave, I've heard every single thing said to me or about me in that list.

Last edited:

-lonestar-

never call a guy "innocent" I knew this lady co-worker who'd call me that and I totally knew why she thought that. Just because I dont say anything doesn't mean I'm a lil boy, anyone ever experience that, I laugh about it now tho, so stupid a 29 year old being called innocent, I just look too young so that adds to it I suppose lol.

In grade 9 one day, some class I forget wich. We sat in lil groups of 3 each table, I looked so awkward, at this time my SP was at its worse, some dush just looks at me and say "what the hell is wrong with you? did your mom molest you or something?" oh such hell we go through, when we aren't even doing anything to anybody eh.

Last edited:

Kiwong

The problem is not what is said, but whether you listen to it or not.

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

Look at me when I talk to you.

Why do you walk with your head down?

You always look miserable, cheer up.

Why don't you go out and enjoy yourself.

Get off your computer and go get a life.