Your User Name (dont put yourself down)

Scottish_Player

Ive noticed alot of user names on here are very negative towards the person using them, i just want to offer a little advice, dont put yourself down.

By giving yourself a positive username is one of the small positive changes you can easily make in your life, i know it may sound silly and you think its only a username but it all adds to helping you feel good and positive about yourself.

Darkly13

I agree that it is not good to put yourself down. Using a "positive" name could be helpful to some.

But having said that, I also think that a username is just a username. I've used an inspirational username before and it really didn't make any difference for me.

Scottish_Player

Darkly13 said:
But having said that, I also think that a username is just a username. I've used an inspirational username before and it really didn't make any difference for me.

Iam not saying that using a positive username is going to change your life, all iam saying is thats its a start to changing how you see yourself and its a small positive start in the right direction.

Anonymous

Scottish_Player said:
Iam not saying that using a positive username is going to change your life, all iam saying is thats its a start to changing how you see yourself and its a small positive start in the right direction.
Fair enough. :)

recluse

Well user name describes what i am because when i'm not at work i hide away from the world.

rado31

mine was totally random. it could be translated like someone permanently happy, seems like an uthopistic goal hah.

the real meaning , though, is the one in which company everyone is cheerful. i think i stopped doin everything in that direction bcoz noone seem to care or understand . I'm full time misanthrop nowadays

siren_0_0

yea i notice a lot of self-deprecating screen names on here. I guess it's kinda punk rock in a way.
I think it's alright, as long as you don't put yourself down in real life in front of people who already think they are better then you.

lol as for mine(siren) i got inspired by a shade of lip color from loreal. funny thing is I don't even wear loreal lipstick. haha
i just added 0_0 bc i'm loopy like that.

Infected_Malignity

can't change your username!

i wouldn't though. mine seems negative but it's just an awesome band. also, i love having really bizarre usernames to confuse people... or to make them think i'm really negative but see it differently when they get to know me. just another reminder that you never know who the hell you're talking to! oh, and it's also a reminder not to judge people.

so in a sense, my username misrepresents me completely! muahaha

Yeah, I could never make a depressing username. I agree it would just make me feel worse. Well there isn't much that's happier than the words psychedelic and delicious, so I guess that's pretty good.

Emma

I was stupid and used my real name...but you probably already figured it out...wish I could change it :cry: hmmm I would probably call myself sulky mcwhiskers for some reason..just popped into my head then

2Crowded

Mine is because I almost always think whatever place I would like to go is to crowded for me just by looking at the cars in the parking lot.. :lol:

Zarrix

Zarrix, doesn't have a meaning, I like it best when I have usernames like this. No one can laugh at you for having a loser one.

Zarrix is a name I use in many games, I dunno, it just sounds good tbh.

Carstuar

My user name is based on my real name, and a creature that looks sort of like this:
cactuarfzi2.jpg
A cactuar from the Final Fantasy games ;>.

gobbledegook

2Crowded said:
I almost always think whatever place I would like to go is to crowded for me just by looking at the cars in the parking lot...

I do that! :D

my user name is boring and nice pic Cars... ;)

Carstuar

Katex88x said:
my user name is boring and nice pic Cars... ;)

Your CHAT name is really cool, though! Tell them about that! :D
And thanks! I drew that on MSN handwrite like 2 years ago and kept it because I thought it was funny.

xSleepy

Even if I had a depressing avatar, I doubt it would make make feel worse than I already do.
My avatar doesnt make me feel like Sleeping Beauty. Or even Sleepy
:D

Oh and SWEET drawing Karky Warky. But It looks more like a disgusting booger thats going to eat me 8O :lol:

EDITED: I just realized this topic was about the user NAME, not the avatar.... Now that ive thought about it for like a minute, I think having a positive username is a much better idea than having a bad one.... soooo, yeah thats it :D

ghost_train

I don't think mine's depressing. It's a metaphor that extends to the very core of my perception of the world- whether that perception itself is depressing or not is another matter...