Would you have Social anxiety if you had a good self image of yourself?

Would you have S.A if you had a good self image of yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Dunno maybe

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
D

deleted #89

X

Helmaninquiel

I thought that my social anxiety was because of my looks at one point but I was wrong. I have had anxiety for a very long time now and have come to learn that looks have nothing to do with it, my mind is messed.. that's it.

Iluv

I voted no. But what the heck do I know. My self-image weighs me down a lot. I think I'm actually a little too under the water to determine what about me would make it all go away. This is what happens during polls I answer before I think about it

BleedTheFreak

At this point, no. Maybe if I was more comfortable with myself when I was younger I would've been more outgoing and not as socially inept as I am now, but I'm pretty much set in my ways now.

MikeyC

I have had anxiety for a very long time now and have come to learn that looks have nothing to do with it, my mind is messed.. that's it.
This. While I will probably never find myself attractive, it's mostly my mind and the tornado that's going on in there.

EscapeArtist

Hm I don't know. I'm starting to think it's friends and community (trust and support) that makes social anxiety go away, maybe because one person alone can't maintain accurate self image? Or it's in our nature that being alone means being not good enough and left to die (as in nature)? I don't know. Funny how all problems work in cycles like that. Socialanxiety>no friends>socialanxiety or no anxiety>>friends>> no anxiety

HeadFace

I was confused about if you were talking about looks or not at first.
Either way, at the moment I am contempt with my overall attractiveness, I guess. Nothing to be overly confident about, but not too much to complain about.
My image of myself as a person, though... Greater confidence would definetly help in meeting new people, since I always beat myself. But I would probably still have anxiety about a lot of things.

Agent_Violet

my sa comes from being borderline. so, i might be a bit better on the borderline side with a better self image which might in turn improve the sa issue but it's not a total cure for either thing.