Would It Be Weird If I...?

Foxface

Theres this girl, that works in the post office, and I think she is kinda cute. I have to returned something I ordered on-line. Would it be weird if I said "Hello beautiful" to her when I see her? I don't want to sound weird or creepy.

laure15

"Hello beautiful" is too strong; people say that to their wives/honeys/girlfriends. Go with "hello you're looking wonderful today."

Hoppy

Hello beautiful is only for girls you do not want to see again.

Rather compliment her on her smile or something like that.

jryden

Are you trying to get anything out of it? Like her flirting with you--anything more than a thank you?
If so, beautiful is okay in my opinion. If not, it is a little too much.

Foxface

Are you trying to get anything out of it? Like her flirting with you--anything more than a thank you?
If so, beautiful is okay in my opinion. If not, it is a little too much.

I want to give her a nice compliment on her looks. I'm not sure what flirting is.

jryden

I want to give her a nice compliment on her looks. I'm not sure what flirting is.

I think i said it the opposite way. I meant if you're trying to get her to flirt with you, beautiful is ok. If not, say something else. This is how I'd take it if a guy wanted to say that to me.

Or just say it. Whats the worst that could happen? It might make her day. ;)

Foxface

I think i said it the opposite way. I meant if you're trying to get her to flirt with you, beautiful is ok. If not, say something else. This is how I'd take it if a guy wanted to say that to me.

Or just say it. Whats the worst that could happen? It might make her day. ;)

I don't know what flirting is. Is a something good or bad?

The worst thing that can happy, is if I said something she dosen't like, or she misunderstands and becomes and enemy and hates me. It's happened many times. I don't want to upset her.

Last edited:

jryden

The worst thing that can happy, is if I said something she dosen't like, or she misunderstands and becomes and enemy and hates me. It's happened many times. I don't want to upset her.

Its a good thing (for most ppl).
I dont flirt. I think its cheesy. But hey, I'm not normal!

Flirting is playfully showing interest in each other. My definition sucks. You probably know what it is but dont know the word itself...?

Foxface

Flirting is playfully showing interest in each other. My definition sucks. You probably know what it is but dont know the word itself...?

Nope. I have never flirted with anyone, nor know anything about it.

jryden

Is this someone you've talked to before when going to the PO or you've just seen her from a distance?

Thats probably the first question I should have asked lol

I think if you've talked to her before even if it only had to do with PO related things, you can compliment her. If you've only observed her and never talked to her, its definitely too much.
This is just my opinion being a female and putting myself in her position.

I sell things online and go to the PO 2-3 times a week. There are some guys that I see all the time and deal with the most times. If I had the balls, I'd compliment them. I'm not attracted to them but you get my point. It wouldnt be the first time I was talking to them. :D

surewhynot

I actually find your definition really precise and fitting.

Examples of flirting would be telling a girl that she would make an awesome girlfriend, or just really being nice about her looks and everything. Stuff like a girl touching your arm can also be considered flirting.

Foxface

Is this someone you've talked to before when going to the PO or you've just seen her from a distance?

Thats probably the first question I should have asked lol

I think if you've talked to her before even if it only had to do with PO related things, you can compliment her. If you've only observed her and never talked to her, its definitely too much.
This is just my opinion being a female and putting myself in her position.

I sell things online and go to the PO 2-3 times a week. There are some guys that I see all the time and deal with the most times. If I had the balls, I'd compliment them. I'm not attracted to them but you get my point. It wouldnt be the first time I was talking to them. :D

She is just someone I see at the post office. She nis usually there when I go to pick up my parcels. She wasn't there today.