worst movies of all time!

you guys are posting such great movies as bad. star wars and the cable guy?1 i love them. anyway, worst movie would have to be... the name escapes me. super baby genius 2 or something like that.

... Seriously, no one has watched the Dragonlance movie? I don't think any of the movies I've recognized from here even bears a candle to that one. I had actually expected angry fans with pitchforks at the mere mention of that movie. Guess there's no one here that liked reading Dragonlance growing up.

zaproffo

Is that right? I still would like to see it, but I consider myself warned.

That's a minority opinion. Most people will tell you it's really good. It's anything but boring.
My mini-review of Black Swan:

I liked it a lot, very refreshing to have the intense psychodrama type thing which I feel like is sort of out of fashion next to all these "true story" type deals recently. Thus even if it does go over the top a bit, I like it.

Reminded me of Fight Club a bit in style/tone (which is awesome), although Fight Club applied it as a razor sharp satire and black comedy which worked a bit more brilliantly than the exploration of art/beauty as a concept here which feels more experimental, but also is interesting.

The best films, in my opinion, are the most polarizing ones. One's that make you think, ones that weed out the shallow people.

Anyway...the worst movies I've EVER seen, in no particular order.

The Master of Disguise
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (And I'm a huge Transformers fan...VERY disappointing)
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Gigli
Freddy Got Fingered
Minority Report
Twister
All of Uwe Boll's movies
All of the Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg movies (Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampires Suck, etc.)

And most recently...Skyline and Season of the Witch! BLEH.

How do you list all these putridly bad movies and then throw Minority Report in there? Even if you didn't like it, it obviously has a level of quality in the film-making that's not even close to any of the other ones there. And IMO Minority Report is awesome, it does so many interesting sci-fi/stylistic things.

For me, I've watched so many that I knew would be bad on purpose for fun, so I have to say, the worst movie I've seen that I didn't expect to be bad beforehand would be:
Interstate 60: Episodes from the Road

It's like a modern version of Reefer Madness (stole that from an imdb review but it's such a good way to say the criticism). The thing is though, everyone who's seen it seems to think it's some thought provoking masterpiece or something. Seriously, people love this movie, and it hurts my brain that they do. It's thought provoking if you think at an elementary school level. Oh and the lead James Marsden is so hammy and utterly giftless that if you don't want to punch him in the face after 10 minutes you are probably a pacifist.

Out of bad movies that I watched on purpose (MST3K or others), you have to split between good-bad and bad-bad. The Wild World of Batwoman stands out for being so boring even on MST3K that we have this story in our house that our neighbor was going to sleep over and we decided to watch it, and it was so mind-numbingly boring that after watching it, he decided he had to go home because the night's energy was just totally ruined.

For good-bad, Troll 2 is objectively a horrificly bad movie, but it is also maybe the funniest movie ever, and is consistently, consistently entertaining. The Room takes 2nd place here.

AsTimeBurns

Satan's Little Helper
2001: A Space Odyssey

That's about it really, there are lots of films that were "eh". But there's few that I've seen that I actually hated.

JamesSmith

Too Jewish for ya? ;)

Coen Bros films are made for multiple viewings, although I'll admit that's one of their weaker efforts.

I love the Coen Brothers. They are responsible for one of the best movies of all time with the movie, Fargo. I grew up in a jewish household and when I was young I went to Hebrew school, so nothing would be too jewish for me. I have nothing against the Coen brothers, and I hope they keep making movies. It seems like every person who acts in or directs in movies has a movie that was a bomb. The Coen brothers used their bomb on A Serious Man. I've never seen a film that was so bad, it was the most boring movie i've ever seen, nothing was funny in the film at all. I still can't believe they actually thought they could make a movie with the plot they had. The movie was destined to bomb before it was even put into theaters. It didn't help that I got the movie expecting it to be a success because the Coen Brothers are usually successful with their films.

Anything with Nicholas Cage, Ben Stiller, or Adam Sandler.

Come on! Adam Sandler has some Cult Movies. Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore are both so damn stupid, that they are already good again.

As for my part Mr. and Ms. Smith with Brad and Angelina, and the Pink Panther with Steve Martin. I rarely leave the cinema before the movie is over, but those two flicks I just couldn't bear to the end.

zaproffo

Come on! Adam Sandler has some Cult Movies. Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore are both so damn stupid, that they are already good again.

As for my part Mr. and Ms. Smith with Brad and Angelina, and the Pink Panther with Steve Martin. I rarely leave the cinema before the movie is over, but those two flicks I just couldn't bear to the end.

Not to mention Punch Drunk Love which is pretty good (it's dir. by Paul Thomas Anderson who did There Will Be Blood). And then for Ben Stiller, Zoolander raises stupid funny to an art form, Meet the Parents gets a lot from something simple, The Royal Tenenbaums isn't my favorite but isn't really a bad movie either, There's Something About Mary, et al.

Nic Cage has Raising Arizona which is a pretty good Coen Brothers one, Matchstick Men is not bad and I have to recommend Vampire's Kiss, which is either #3 on my good-bad hilarity list behind Troll 2 and The Room, or is a brilliant dark absurd comedy and it's really hard to tell which makes it a fascinating must-watch either way.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

The worst movies for me would have to be...

Talladega Nights
Ghost Rider
Twilight (I've only seen the first one and I won't dare watch the others. First was bad enough for me)
Horton Hears A Who (The only part I liked? The little yellow thing... whatever that was... Katie I think?)
American Pie sequels (After American Wedding)
Van Helsing
The Fog (The remake with Tom Welling in it. Yes, I watched it because Tom Welling was in it... And it was bad. :p)
Scary Movie
Tooth Fairy
Journey To The Center Of The Earth (Remake. Didn't even get through this one. Only watched halfway and then I turned it off, it was pretty bad.)
Rush Hour 3

I think I'll stop there for now ::p:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I still think I know Who killed Me is the worst, but S. Darko is a close second. Some sequels should not be made.