Will you celebrate New years Eve this year?

Niceguy23

Since a child growing up I've always celebrated it. I remember a time I was 17 or 18 being with my family about a minute before the ball dropped I went outside to be alone. I was depressed and the year sucked and the year ahead did not look better. I remember family members coming outside and saying happy new years why did you leave disappear etc and hugging and kissing me and wishing me the best in the upcoming year. I'm 26 now every year since then as been different either I just go to bed early and act like its just another day or some years I have celebrated and enjoyed it. This year I was suppose to celebrate and enjoy it planned it a few days ago to be with family again like I did last year but I will be staying home and plan on going to bed and not even waiting till midnight. How are you spending your new years this year or usually?

LoyalXenite

Its NYE for me right now, and im at home, in jammies, watching netflix and eating junk. Its nothing like how I used to spend NYE (usually drunk and partying), but Im happywith it this way, for this year at least. I want to have a quite one. I just wish netflix would stop glitching on me

Only 1/2 hr to go ... at home by myself as per usual ... so not looking like any "celebration" is going to happen. Just watched a nice old-fashioned film on tv. Low-energy day, so no drinkies tonight. If going out & celebrating were to be a "peaceful" thing, then i just might be into it; it ain't (for me anyway), so i stay where the (relative) peace is - at home, in solitude, doing what i feel like doing. :perfect:

Nanita

I don't have anything to celebrate. I'd like to be with people and party for no reason at all, but I don't have anywhere to go. I'm living a socially dead existence and newyears reminds me of how alone I am.
I wish I had the guts to kill myself.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Nah.

I'll probably watch the festivities in New York but that's about it. Every year I tell myself this will be my last lonely New Years, but it never is.

GraybeardGhost

Pizza, ice cream, ginger beer, and acid reflux. It's a party!

. . . and Thin Man movies. I forgot to mention the Thin Man movies. :eek:h:

It occurs to me, though, that I could shelve those plans for another night and step out and up (or down) the street to one of the nearby houses of social imbibement to see what actual real live people with actual real live lives do on New Year's Eve. :thinking:

A reformed dipsomaniac walks into a bar . . .

What could possibly go wrong? :idontknow:

Cogoam

Going to a friends house for a while then I might go to the pub for a beer . Spent a lot of new year eves alone spent a lot with others and the last 12 years with my wife. As she decided to move back to her own country last January , Ive been living alone all year not coping too badly but one day soon hope to retire and be with my wife , hopefully sooner than later a bit stuck financially . So to all you guys that are celebrating alone I know exactly where you're coming from just be kind to yourself treat yourself well have a nice evening and may all the best come you're way Happy New Year

jayfan

no plans for new years . my friends are doing the family thing . just kicking it with the kids. i just want it to be the monday already so my kids can go back to school.

uneasy

I looked out of the window for a few seconds to see the fireworks. Aside from that, the day was as miserable as any other day.

SonicMan

Wish I didn't. Alcohol just shows what an absolute idiot I am. Next year I'm staying in and watching dvds. Much better.

SadSally

I went grocery shopping with my mom, ate dinner, watched TV with my mom, listened to music, wrote a chapter of my novel and slept.

Now I'm too self conscious to go outside for the next week because I have celiac disease and I ate gluten. I'm so bloated I look at least six months pregnant.

I don't care about New years. It's overrated and dangerous.

I don't have anything to celebrate. I'd like to be with people and party for no reason at all, but I don't have anywhere to go. I'm living a socially dead existence and newyears reminds me of how alone I am.
I wish I had the guts to kill myself.
140601025208653856.gif

One-Bowl-Chocolate-Cake.jpg

StoreImage.jpg

Hang in there, Nanita.
140601025208653856.gif

Nanita

Hang in there, Nanita.

Thank you SO MUCH BlueDays!
That was really nice of you :) I ate all the cake you got me.

After feeling depressed and lonely most of newyears, after midnight I actually went to my niece's place, cause she asked me if I wanted to come over. I hadn't even put on any fancy clothes.. but we went out to a bar and had a lot of fun talking to people and getting drunk. Lather her ex boyfriend turned up and was being creepy, he was texting her nasty messages while being in the same bar. God, he's weird. And I experienced some male stupidity too. Too complicated to explain though.