Will a girl ever go out as an introvert with only 2 friends?

kotulakj2

Before I delve into the question I pose I need to get something off my chest. I consider myself an introvert that is a quiet person who only very rarely likes to go out with a few friends that I do have. It's not that it bothers me talking to people or going out with friends, it's just I feel having a good home, good food, and a job as a substitute teacher is enough to make me happy. I just don't have a ton to talk about so it gets socially awkward at times. At times if the conversation is something I'm interested in I seem to hold a conversation fine, but when the topic under discussion ends then it get socially awkward. I'm a person that is very very unselfish that never ever asks nor wants things from people because I understand there are people in this world that have none of that. I just feeling relaxing at home is better because I value my independence. So now to the question I asked.

I really want to go out on a date with a girl and I recently signed up on Saturday on POF.com and eVOW.com which are 2 dating sites. But here is my issue guys and would appreciate it if someone could give me good advice about it. My only fear going out with a girl is if she thinks I'm weird for only having 2 friends that I will quite rarely go out with. I personally don't think it's fair if a girl judges me based on that as long as I was nice to her and treated her well and attempted to make her laugh. I personally feel I might be more willing to go out with someone I'm in love with as opposed to my friends because I would deem a girl more important to me. At the same time my number one preference would be to sit home with my girl and cuddle and watch a movie, but I fear my girl would grow bored with me quickly. I think the funny thing you should know about me is I love to play drinking games but mostly with my brother and sister and not my friends. And when my brother and sister have friends over I can go haywire on the liquor to a point where people question how in the world is this kid quiet and an introvert who doesn't want to go out much. Still the question I want to ask you guys would you think a girl would not go out with me if she knew that some of my best friends were my brother and sister and their spouses? I mean I feel like I can't be loved, but I'm a good person and I wish a girl would at least give me a try because I feel I can make them laugh. Tell me what you think.

Last edited:
If those are the things you enjoy then keep doing them. Don't let one person take it away. If the your girl to be is upset that you enjoy solitary things and quiet times then that's not your girl to be. Don't change who you are for anyone. Unless its you wanting to change.

My girl met me, initiated first. She has told me time and again she doesn't want me to change. She could be the one for me. So far so good. There shouldn't be any fears aside from the first few weeks of getting to know, well, anyone.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I wouldn't care about the number of friends someone has. I would care wether he's nice (and genuine about it) or not.

lonelee1

sure, why not? tell her about the things you do like to do, and be honest. like hellhound said, its important to be genuine. i think you'll be alright.

Dreamseller

I have no friends per se (lost all of them due to SA) yet I managed to get a date online.
Happily together for 4 years.

Same story here bread crumbs. Hopefully the 2nd part will come true eventually too. (Tbh, getting a girl isn't really a top priority for me, it'd just be nice I guess)

To the OP: I wouldn't worry about it. From my experience, girls hate it if you spend too much time with your guy friends and not enough with her...so I guess it's actually a bonus for her :)