Why's the world soooo messed up??

lonely_drummer

So... why is it so facked up? Theres pain and suffering everywhere and as a human it obviously feels self inflicted. If you were to give ONE reason why the world is falling apart, what would it be? In my honest opinion it would have to be money. We will do anything for it and once we get some, we always want more. To me it just distracts us from the important things in life

worrywort

I like G.K. Chesterton's response to this question. In a series of essays on the subject, "What's wrong with the world?", the essay he submitted read;

Dear Sirs:

I am.

Sincerly yours,
G.K. Chesterton

Emily_G

One reason? People. People are bad, evil, heartless, etc etc etc. Get enough of us together and not so great things are bound to happen.

AGR

One reason? People. People are bad, evil, heartless, etc etc etc. Get enough of us together and not so great things are bound to happen.

yeah exacly,if it wasnt money,we would find other things to fight,cheat,steal about,like status,girls and etc.

coyote

Nothing is messed up. It's just the way it is.

Human beings are just behaving like the animals they are - each scratching and clawing to survive and perpetuate their gene pool as best they can.

The belief that we should aspire to some higher purpose has been instilled in humans by organizations and individuals that wish to assert their dominance over others - governments, religious institutions, merchants, etc.

You don't have to be what society says you're supposed be. You don't have to be anything other than what you are. You merely have to be.

Free yourself from the illusion.

Tiercel

I like G.K. Chesterton's response to this question. In a series of essays on the subject, "What's wrong with the world?", the essay he submitted read;

Dear Sirs:

I am.

Sincerly yours,
G.K. Chesterton

And I'm sure he could have easily backed up this allegation if pressed, too. He was such a character.