Why do you delete posts?

bletch

This is the only forum I have ever been on where large numbers of people will delete all their back posts. I figure it must be SA related, right? Why is that? Nobody even knows you or ca see you on the internet, but it still makes you shy?

Sometimes people delete posts due to SA. Sometimes people delete posts because they want to make another one and they've hit their daily limit of 7.

Nobody even knows you or ca see you on the internet, but it still makes you shy?

That doesn't absolve you of the responsibility of not annoying/offending people. Nor does it prevent most of us from wanting to leave a good impression. Nor does it stop good old irrational paranoia.

mrb

or maybe as i have done in the past , its a drunken post ... you read it in the morning and think :eek: WTF and you cant get rid of it quick enough :eek: trouble is people have already read it by then :rolleyes: ......... but i havent made one of those drunken posts for quiet a while :) im being a good boy ...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
If I ever deleted mines, could be due to:
Fear that some enemy will find them and use them against me somehow.
Fear that other people I know will read and judge me.
Fear that people will misunderstand my words and get mad at me.
Fear that my post was stupid, makes no sense and people will laugh.
Myself hating my own post because I think it's foolish and idiotic. It happens with the old posts, usually. After some time, i look back at them and said "I can't believe I said that =/". I know there's probably nothing wrong with them, but I can't help but thinking I've screwed something up.

At the moment I haven't deleted any post... I'm trying not to worry too much.

JamieD

I know this is lame but.. I don't really like seeing my name at the top of the thread. It feels kinda like 'oh god' knowing that i started the discussion.
Then other times.. i post threads when i'm in a bad mood, sometimes using harsh words, etc..

Last edited:

Emily_G

I will sometimes delete a pic I posted in a forum if I go through a "i hate myself I am so ugly" phase.

lunarla

I only delete if it is a photo, really. I just regret it after a while and get paranoid and bad feeling'd so I take it down.

Kat

If I ever deleted mines, could be due to:
Fear that some enemy will find them and use them against me somehow.
Fear that other people I know will read and judge me.
Fear that people will misunderstand my words and get mad at me.
Fear that my post was stupid, makes no sense and people will laugh.
Myself hating my own post because I think it's foolish and idiotic. It happens with the old posts, usually. After some time, i look back at them and said "I can't believe I said that =/". I know there's probably nothing wrong with them, but I can't help but thinking I've screwed something up.

At the moment I haven't deleted any post... I'm trying not to worry too much.

Yep, ditto! :)

KiaraBlue

I still didn't delete not one post here and I don't think I ever will.. just editing is my thing lol..but that's only because I type qiuckly and make mistakes with english..:)
I am not affraid that someone I know in RL will see my posts here, because I assume that this person who would eventually read my posts here..has also some kind of a problem..so I don't care..

U

userremoved

There's quite a few posts I wish I would have deleted before people started reading it. Either because it sounded stupid later or it got the wrong reaction from other people here.

mrb

i deleted about 400 posts of mine not to long ago more because i wasnt planing on returning to this site ...... lol

same here a little while ago ... but you always come crawling back dont you lol ::p:

reslo

sometimes i'll reply to a thread, and not realize what forum it's posted in- like i don't have problems with excessive sweating or ocd, so it's like oh i didn't realize they were talking about that. and then occassionally when i feel stupid for posting something.

Square_Eyes

I haven’t deleted any posts yet but I’ve certainly edited the crap out of a lot of them. I hate the fact that if you edit a post, it displays to other users that you've edited it at some point. It’s like having a little sign at the bottom of each post saying - “Hey looky over here, I f*cked up this post the first time, so I had to change it.” :rolleyes: