Why do people post animal abuse on youtube?

China

Wow, this thread is getting interesting. Unless it is done while the animal is still alive how exactly does skinning, gutting and cooking equate torture? I'm assuming anyone who hasn't been vegan since birth is going to end up a serial killer, correct?

Nyxy

Wow, this thread is getting interesting. Unless it is done while the animal is still alive how exactly does skinning, gutting and cooking equate torture? I'm assuming anyone who hasn't been vegan since birth is going to end up a serial killer, correct?

There's been recent horrific videos sprouting from China where animals are literally skinned alive for the fur industry, although I don't know if they are isolated incidents or a widespread practice. As a generalized question, how common is it for animals to not be given a humane treatment of raising/breeding/dying prior to preparing their bodies for food or products?

I strongly believe that how we treat animals in this respect reverberates into individual abuse towards animals if we don't take into account that person's personal history. I respect traditional practices, but not those geared towards mass production.

Last edited:

shakethelight

I dont use anything tested on animals, makeup, shampoo, anything like that. I dont eat red meat. I mostly eat all organic. But I do eat sushi. so No I do not consider myself vegan. But I do consider myself very animal friendly.

Lea

Banned
That's very agressive of you.

The OP asked a question about the reason people post such kind of content on YT and I gave him/her a logical answer.

Are you asking if I personally enjoy videos of animal abuse?, well I don't.

Oh, and also...

Are you somehow representative of every single human being on the planet?

There are many people being raped, tortured and murdered every single day and somehow the idea that a somewhat significant fraction of the human race may enjoy, or at least not be disturbed by, videos of animal abuse seems unbelievable to you?

That's extremely naive.

You said "we". It might have been "just" a bad wording, but if you hated and abhored animal abuse like I do, you would have hardly written it this way. It might have seem like overreaction from me but be prepared everybody I do overreact on this topic :mad:.

Thelema

I'm pretty sure the videos on youtube encompass people have that have hunted an animal and intend to eat it. That's not torturous gruesome animal abuse.

Lea

Banned
No, there are plenty. I think I have posted some videos of halal slaughter, or there are ritualistic slaughters etc. I am sure there are torture videos too, but I don´t want to see them, I couldn´t take it. It is horrible only to think about all these horrible things which go on in this world every day. It has always bothered me.

lyricalliaisons

I am a human too and I certainly don´t enjoy it. If he put it this way indicates he enjoys it himself, or at least doesn´t mind. Otherwise he wouldn´t write this bs.

I agree with you. That's certainly the way it came across.

Steppen-Wolf

You said "we". It might have been "just" a bad wording, but if you hated and abhored animal abuse like I do, you would have hardly written it this way. It might have seem like overreaction from me but be prepared everybody I do overreact on this topic :mad:.

I'm a human and if I'm referring to the human race in a broad sense I think it's logical to say "us".

I don't enjoy animal abuse in any way, I like animals, but I don't lose sleep over it in the same way that I don't lose sleep over children starving to death or people being murdered. It's a horrible thing, but the world it's filled with them and I'm not overly sensitive.

Lea

Banned
I'm a human and if I'm referring to the human race in a broad sense I think it's logical to say "us".

I don't enjoy animal abuse in any way, I like animals, but I don't lose sleep over it in the same way that I don't lose sleep over children starving to death or people being murdered. It's a horrible thing, but the world it's filled with them and I'm not overly sensitive.

That´s what I say, that you don´t mind. But that´s the way you have it. Everybody is different. As for me I am overly sensitive, whether it be good or bad. Or, I don´t think it´s bad that´s a nonsense. I am sure it is good, only more sensitivity hurts. But I wouldn´t want to change it for insensivity anyway.

I am glad you don´t do abuse yourself at least, that´s important.

Last edited:

Rembrandt Broam

狼;618663 said:
sort of off topic-
I want to die by being killed by an animal/animals. I respect and love them more than people and I hope they take me to the other side. I live in bear country maybe one will eat me haha I am serious, or wolves or a mtn lion etc... lots of options.

It sounds like a very unpleasant way to go. I think I'd prefer to just go quietly in my sleep. :)

needlesstosay animal abuse is beyond my comprehension. the human race is a disgrace.

Well some members of it are, certainly. :mad:

Lea

Banned
OMG when I worked in the Rockies, I was afraid to venture too far because I was scared of grizzlys :eek:. I wouldn´t want to be eaten by one (although I read that they eat predominantly grass).

狼;618718 said:
lions and tigers and bears oh my! :) I would rather be consumed by animals than die in a hospital or nursing home anyday tbh. The pain wouldn't last long *crunch-crunch*

Bears eats meat too, Lea :eek: me loves bears, so I would be honored.

I have much respect for this perspective. That would be a very natural way of going. Not dieing as a ''superior'' human, but as a real element of nature that is part of the food chain.

Ignace

I have much respect for this perspective. That would be a very natural way of going. Not dieing as a ''superior'' human, but as a real element of nature that is part of the food chain.

I share this opinion, but I can imagine it wouldn't be a fun way of going, as mentioned earlier.

I share this opinion, but I can imagine it wouldn't be a fun way of going, as mentioned earlier.

Then again, is dieing ever really fun? I would rather be eaten and have it over quickly, then spending my last few days in a hospital waiting for the inevitable.

If you were to be faced with a large animal, you have a minuscule chance that you actual win the odds and get to live another day. It's quite fair in a way.