why do people buy iphones in the masses?

Pookah

the-internet-a-series-of-tubes.jpg

series_of_tubes.jpg

201.jpg

I never found any of Apple's products appealing if I'm honest. It is(/has become) a bit of a status symbol. Same thing with that iPad at the time; It had no purpose what so ever, yet there were many who pre-ordered one. Just for fun. A pretty expensive toy if you ask me. :rolleyes:

With that said, as a phone, the iPhone is probably also just good at what it does. There are tons of apps for it, which allow a great deal of personalization. But like I said, I think it's mostly because it's a status symbol. Then again, any phone is a good one these days. When it comes down to plainly making phone calls that is. ^W^;

I have an old Siemens A50, and frankly, I don't see how an iPhone would be any better in terms of communication. :3

mads

People imo buy iPhones because:

1) The design
2) Apple products tend to work all the time
3) Apple is probably one of the best in the world to marketing

Waybuloo

I don't understand, maybe it's herd mentality, and the whole keeping up with the jones's hype. I don't want an Iphone even if I could afford it, I don't want an ipod either.

Because they are stupid with their money. They think little gadgets like these are something they cant live without. With almost everything in life, people seem to want constantly what others have. Whatever they see others with, they have to have, whatever they see others do, they have to do it. Its like monkey see, monkey do.

And people are just too stupid to realize that most of the **** they buy they DO NOT need. Stop letting these electronic nerds make billions of dollars off you.

Honda

Sometimes i tell myself look how retarded we are?? We all bought i Phones... We dont even know why...

Rembrandt Broam

I don't understand, maybe it's herd mentality, and the whole keeping up with the jones's hype. I don't want an Iphone even if I could afford it, I don't want an ipod either.

I do like my iPod, and would find it hard to get by without it. I suppose any MP3 playing device would work, but I like the simplicity of the iPod's interface, even if I'm not too keen on iTunes.

I wouldn't want an iPhone though. I used to have a phone that could do internet stuff but I never used that functionality, as I'm rarely away from a computer long enough to need it and unlike most people these days, I can actually survive for an hour or two without checking Facebook and Twitter. In fact, I've gone entire days without looking at either. ::p:

Sinar_Matahari

I don't know too many people with iPhones. I find that it's a pain in the ass to use a touch screen to text or even surf the internet. It's all a matter of getting used to it, but I'd rather have something with actual keys.

Remus

Staff member
I've got an old brick nokia, still works after dropping it 50 times. Someone gave me a PDA once, still gathering dust somewhere. I'm not much of a gadget fan. TBH I only use my mobile to tell the time lol

Sinar_Matahari

Because they are stupid with their money. They think little gadgets like these are something they cant live without. With almost everything in life, people seem to want constantly what others have. Whatever they see others with, they have to have, whatever they see others do, they have to do it. Its like monkey see, monkey do.

And people are just too stupid to realize that most of the **** they buy they DO NOT need. Stop letting these electronic nerds make billions of dollars off you.

I can see how that can be true for some, but I wouldn't say that it applies to everyone or even the majority of people who purchase iPhones. My brother is not stupid, not the conforming type, is very good with his money, and did not get an iPhone because everyone else has it. He puts his iPhone to good use. The same applies to my friend who owns an iPhone. She works in banking so she's definitely good with her money. At least I would hope so. ::p: