Why bother trying?

combat

I'm coming to the realization that I feel worse when I actively try to initiate something with a girl I'm interested in since the interest never seems to be mutual. So what's the point of trying?

206Raider

I understand you, that's the case for me 95% of the time....the other 5% was great while it lasted though

SeptembersGold19

They aren't worth it then if they don't like you..... find someone who really likes you for you... you shouldn't have to chase after them and beg for their attention. If that's the way it has to be then F*ck them and move on to the next...someone who shows you how worth it you really are.

Nicholas

You have to find the girls who like you and think you are special, not those who don't.
And, in theory, when notice those kinds of girls, it should be obvious to you they are the right ones... and they should notice you too.

T!GER

You can't stop trying, you have come this far. Even if they don't like you, you can still say that you've have tried. I've went for girls that was way out of my league, girls that I dream about.. defiantly it hurt me when I got rejected but at that moment I felt getting reject was worth the shot. My life is not great but living for just the moments like asking a girl out is worth it.. Dont give up!

Qbmaster

In the future you might regret not trying. If you do try I can almost guarantee that you will not regret it in the long run. The pain you feel when a girl rejects you will go away (I promise!) but regret is much harder to handle.

phil91

Because when you stop trying and give up, you know it has beaten you and will lead to a spiral of more giving up and defeat, which won't lead to a better life. And you will regret it when you're older. Remember: falling down isn't defeat, not getting back up is.

klytus

Eh, there is no point in trying. Instead of making a huge effort - eventually in vain - to find a girlfriend, you should use that energy far more wisely, and put it into improving yourself. That way the energy is at least well spent, and you get something out of it - even if it's just a temporarily good feeling.

All this "don't give up, keep trying!"-type of advice is unrealistic. There is no point in "fighting" for something that useless and unrewarding. A girlfriend you had to look for breeds more problems in the end than being single all the time ever could. It either happens that you meet someone, you fall in love with each other, or it doesn't. You can't force it, and you can't "try". There is nothing to "do".

Just keep living and talking to people, and perhaps some day something will develop with someone.

mrb

theres someone out there for evreyone mate just keep looking , you just havent found the right one yet , shes out there somewere ;)

klytus

theres someone out there for evreyone mate just keep looking , you just havent found the right one yet , shes out there somewere ;)

This is mostly useless advice, since there -are- people who are different enough to never meet that singular person. Even if there were someone out there for everyone, the time spent looking is time wasted, provided you are not sufficiently mainstream.

shore_of_glass

This is mostly useless advice, since there -are- people who are different enough to never meet that singular person. Even if there were someone out there for everyone, the time spent looking is time wasted, provided you are not sufficiently mainstream.

well, we could say that there is more than one "right one" :D

iamthenra

If you stop trying in the end it'll hurt more.

Yeah tell me about it... After my 3rd date and attempt at finding a girl friend at my young tender age of 41, I quit trying... Mainly because at my age, the ladies are usually with kids or have allot of problems and are single just like me for a reason. On the rare event that they were widowed or are single and divorced because their so called hubby was cheating on them or something like that....they usually have a suitor lined up in the shadows and are taken almost immediately. And for us shy guys and gals, it is almost impossible to be proactive enough to find an available good quality person to ask out, since most of us are not aggressive enough to even beat out the competition... Us wall flowers have no chance in hell at finding someone. I have a better chance at winning the lottery or being hit by lightning twice than I do at finding someone. Age has allot to do with my situation. It's much easier to find someone when you are younger. Besides I am single for a reason, because I have too many issues and baggage, and like I have read here before... nobody wants to be a psychologist in a relationship they want to be a partner... So true....so painfully true.::(:

combat

The problem is that every failure just takes me down another notch. It's not even just dating, I seemingly can't even get a nice girl to just hang out with me as a friend. They always have something better or more important to do, while I'm just the a**hole on the sideline. Why would anyone feel good about this?