Who is afraid of shopping for clothes?

DarkPhoenix

I went clothes shopping yesterday actually and i'm fine with browsing the store but for some reason i'm reluctant to try before i buy, theres something about taking my clothes off in a crowded shopping mall that makes me feel a little uneasy ::p:

I went clothes shopping yesterday actually and i'm fine with browsing the store but for some reason i'm reluctant to try before i buy, theres something about taking my clothes off in a crowded shopping mall that makes me feel a little uneasy ::p:

Even though they provide change rooms?

Richey

i was about two weeks ago, in fact i used to drive to the shops and i wouldn't even get out of the car so i'd turn around and drive back home again. but then i tried again and walked into the shopping center and ended up trying on a heap of clothes and found some really nice jeans and a cool top and some brilliant new shoes ...and i felt relaxed and it was nowhere near as uncomfortable as i thought it would be, in fact everyone else seemed to be in their own worlds anyway ..you could literally trip over and do a couple of backflips and nobody would have blinked an eyelid.

i believe the same mindset can be adopted by anybody.

AnxietyDave

I guess I take the easy way out, I let my wife do the clothes shopping and then I try it on at home. This is not so much because of anxiety or anything, I just hate busy shopping centers, would rather go to one of the smaller outlets for anything I need.:D

seafolly

Not afraid, no. I just don't enjoy it! I never have though and I wouldn't say that's linked to my anxiety disorder. As a child I was dragged, haha. It's the trying things on part that was just a pain. :D

arsenalwa

whoa. what a timing for this thread. I need to go shop for clothes these days but I keep delaying it and really wouldn't at all if there was some other way.

chrisjurban

I can't relax enough to pick out clothes. I can go, sure. But my ability to actually pick things out becomes nil. Same with picking clothes in the morning. I can't do it.

before, i always buy cloths without trying them on because i' m just to scare changing in a place with so many stranger. Now, i' m used to it but still having a hard time doing shopping alone. I can spend 3 hour just to buy 2 or 3 shirt.....

Meisiemel

Even though they provide change rooms?
LOL!
I buy my clothes from charity shops, that way I can try them on at home and if they don't fit I just donate them back to the shop, and because the clothes are so cheap it's not a big deal.
Not that it's the real reason I shop at them - I can't afford to buy from regular shops!

Predacon

Can't say I've ever had a bit problem with buying clothes. Though I hate it when the shop assistants come up and ask if I'm alright. If I want any help I'll aske for it. Alos I'm always careful to choose the right size as I don't like trying things on at the store.

Pookah

Unfortunately I always end up in a store where the locks are in disrepair and I walk in on people. I hate to shop though I wish I had more nice clothes.

Sara01

I DO NOT like shopping at all. Occasionally I have been asked to go with some "friends" that are girls and I always make up excuses. I'm just not sure how to act (how I am "supposed" to act while shopping). I also always get so self conscious about my style. I'm never sure if I'm picking out clothing that looks good or not. Mostly when I need clothes I go to get them by myself.