Who hates their smile?

Krista

I've never thought about it but no, I don't like my smile. Everyone says I have full cheeks and sometimes my eyes disappear when I smile so I think that makes me more self conscious to do it. I think it makes me look ugly.

I think my smile looks goofy and stupid so I don't do it much. I'm so self conscious about it that I think it just comes out looking derisive, sarcastic, irritable, angry, or something else that's other than the friendliness that it I'm trying to convey. It's just feels strained and unnatural. I feel its easier to not smile, and then it will convey no worse then if I did.

Krista

I think my smile looks goofy and stupid so I don't do it much. I'm so self conscious about it that I think it just comes out looking derisive, sarcastic, irritable, angry, or something else that's other than the friendliness that it I'm trying to convey. It's just feels strained and unnatural. I feel its easier to not smile, and then it will convey no worse then if I did.

As does mine. If I have to smile in a picture, for it to look natural you have to take it while I'm off guard, otherwise I know I'm forcing it and I feel it looks fake. And it does.

DanFC

I hate my smile; despite braces, retainers, and whiteners, my teeth are still messed up and yellow.

Kat

I hate my smile I hate the way my teeth look as well, I still have some of my baby teeth which is quite unusual for someone in their 20’s.

Pink_Paula

I don't like my smile at all, i try to smile with a closed mouth as much as possible, i hate my teeth so showing them makes me feel very self conscious!

I should have had braces but my parents couldn't afford them. My teeth suck. I'm so super self concious about them, anytime I laugh I turn my face away or cover my mouth. I never smile showing my teeth. I'm constantly thinking about it. Ahhh

Richey

whenever im getting my photo taken my smile turns really awkward and un-natural because i suddenly feel self conscious and at the same time i'm wondering how my face looks so the smile is completely unusual./

planemo

My smile is about the only thing about myself, I'm not ashamed of. Pity, I don't have that much to smile about these days.

Interzone

I dunno, I just think my mouth is too small and looks retarded, more so when I smile...even though I had braces so my teeth are pretty much straight.

Last edited:

Bemzy

I used to hate my smile because I had a broken tooth that was functionally fixed but esthetically, not that pretty. I broke the upper right incisor ::(:

I don't know why I didn't think about this before but after all those years I finally got it fixed so it looks like a normal tooth that's blending in with all the other teeth (color & shape wise).

I love my smile now!