Who are you?!?!?!?!?

I feel so empty. It's like nothingness and it won't go away. I am seriously lacking who I am, or what I am or anything, I don't have any identity at all. I don't know who I am or who I should be, I just don't feel like anything. It doesn't make any sense. I feel like just empty. Nothing. It's like there is this huge hole in my stomach or something and there is just no way to fill it no matter what I do, and I don't even care. I can't care about anything, but yet I care so much.

There's nothing in my. I can't cry, I can't laugh, I'm just nothing. Like a brick. It's just complete nothingness. Eveyrthing is nothing. Everything could go so horribly wrong and I couldn't even care, but I would want to care so much. It's just something lacking. I hate myself and who I am, but I don't even know who I am so how can I hate myself, if it's just nothingness? It just doesn't make any sense. I have the seriously lacking sense of personality or anything.

It's just day after day after day is exaclty the same. I'm going through them like clockwork. They are oh so empty. Nothing Nothing Nothing. That's all there is. I really have no idea what day of the week it is and if there wasn't anything to keep track of the month I would honestly have no idea what time it is or anything. It's just like nothing is there. I can see it, I know it's there, but I can't feel it. There is something seriously seriously lacking and I don't know what it is. It's like there is a glass over everything and I can see it from the outside but I just don't know what it is or what I am suppose to do.

Who the fuck are you and who am I? and what is this? and what is anything?

Persos

I understand how confusing it is for you. But you are not nothing. You are a million things at one time. It is for you to decide. As I understand you are very concerned on how other people percieve you. Do they see you as a loser, a failure, or perhaps they don't see you at all. But you have to understand one thing - you can't change the world, you can only change yourself. And it is for every individual who is born on this planet to live his life in the world that it is. It's your choices that make you who you are. And for now you just seem to not make choices. But you have to do it one day. And it is for you to decide your future and who you will be. There are millions of things you can fill that emptyness inside you, you just have to open your eyes. There are millions of good and caring people who will love you if you let them. Make some friends, make really good friends. Have a hobby. How's your education/career going (sorry, don't know how old are you). My personal favorite question: who do you want to be when you grow up? This question fits everybody, from 11 to 65 years old. Because we humans are growing up all our lives, climbing to our goals. Most people fail, most just give up. I don't want you or me or anyone to be like that. Just realise your dreams and go for them. Good luck!

_Brittany_

I don't know who I am either!

:/

I hope this is just a phase. I can't image feeling like this forever.

Maybe you're a Who fan? I definitely am!

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away"

I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwin' punches around
And preachin' from my chair

chorus:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rollin' Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
God, there's got to be another way

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

(chorus)

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

Persos said:
I understand how confusing it is for you. But you are not nothing. You are a million things at one time. It is for you to decide. As I understand you are very concerned on how other people percieve you. Do they see you as a loser, a failure, or perhaps they don't see you at all. But you have to understand one thing - you can't change the world, you can only change yourself. And it is for every individual who is born on this planet to live his life in the world that it is. It's your choices that make you who you are. And for now you just seem to not make choices. But you have to do it one day. And it is for you to decide your future and who you will be. There are millions of things you can fill that emptyness inside you, you just have to open your eyes. There are millions of good and caring people who will love you if you let them. Make some friends, make really good friends. Have a hobby. How's your education/career going (sorry, don't know how old are you). My personal favorite question: who do you want to be when you grow up? This question fits everybody, from 11 to 65 years old. Because we humans are growing up all our lives, climbing to our goals. Most people fail, most just give up. I don't want you or me or anyone to be like that. Just realise your dreams and go for them. Good luck!

I don't feel like I have any hobbies. I have no friends and I don't know how to make any, I think that someone else there might be able to fill part of this emptiness. My education is going okay I guess, I'm still sort of behind. And oh the dreaded question 'What do you wanna be when you grow up'. I have got no idea. I need some dreams, I need some goals, I need something to look forward to each day. Thanks for your response and questions, it really does mean something to me :).

Lea

Banned
Edit: Sorry I'm just thinking too much and have so many thoughts but probably don't know how to express them properly for it to be precise and for others to understand it.

rado31

SleepingBeauty said:
I DONT KNOW WHO I AM EITHER PSYCH... LETS BE CONFUZZLED TOGETHER SDKJFSDKFJSSDFJSDK

Who is the owner of those in your previous avatar :oops:

Hmm I feel more like this is an identity crisis or something. I need something or someone to identify with. Instead of just taking on what I believe other people would want me to be like. I need something to fill this emptyness inside of me. It would be helpful if I had soemone to talk to in real life, but there is no one, literally no one I can talk to about anything.

I'm not even sad or anything, it's just like emotionless everything. I don't know what I do or what I like or anything. Well blehh I don't even know what I'm talkign about anymore, and I'm talking about myself too much. Thanks for all of your responses people though, I'm glad I at least got some people who feel the same way.

GloomySunday

I understand exactly what you mean. I felt that way intensely when I was much younger. What helped me to cope - and what gave me some sense of identity - was to write. Maybe that will help you too?

I wrote furiously. I wanted to document everything that was going through my mind. To help me make sense of it. It forged an idea that I could one day become a writer. It really helped me. Some of my work was eventually published and I did work in journalism for a while, so it did lead to something of value.

I look back on my work now and some of it makes my blood run cold. It was dark and very painful, but at least it was real.

If you wrote, maybe one day it will become published somewhere. Then...who knows? People who aren't even born yet may be able to feel a sense of connection and won't feel so alone because of something you created.

Ajuna24

Psychedelicious said:
Who the fuck are you and who am I? and what is this? and what is anything?

I am myself, you are yourself, this is the internet and anything is what ever you want it to be. Something like that.

Writing might be a good thing. Too bad my writing skills are pretty suck. I usually just come up with blah. I'm very very good at filling up pages with nothingness, but I need to learn how to fit it all in. And get it all out, to where it means something. Well I did write 14 pages about walls once, it didn't make any sense though. Some of your works got published?!? That's awesome :D. I wish I could think of a better response...

GloomySunday

Whether writing is your medium or not, the important thing is to be creative.

This condition has given you something that is both a gift and a curse - it's called insight. You feel things that most people do not feel, or at least to the extent that you do. It is important that those feelings are documented in some way.

You could learn to play an instrument and express your feelings through music. You could make short films about it, little snapshots of life as you see it. That would be interesting. Shooting and editing film is very easy now, given the technology.

I did all these things and it really helped me through life, to make sense of it all.

I wish you the best.

w*n*c*a*m

well... I feel the same way too. Sometimes I even wonder if my existence is just an accessory.
But... I still try to believe that I have my own SELF.

Psychedelicious said:
haha I am also a Who fan for sure ;).

Being a Who fan means you are awesome!

I've looked under chairs
I've looked under tables
I've tried to find the key
To fifty million fables

chorus:
They call me The Seeker
I've been searching low and high
I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die

I asked Bobby Dylan
I asked The Beatles
I asked Timothy Leary
But he couldn't help me either

chorus

People tend to hate me
'Cause I never smile
As I ransack their homes
They want to shake my hand

Focusing on nowhere
Investigating miles
I'm a seeker
I'm a really desperate man

I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die

I learned how to raise my voice in anger
Yeah, but look at my face, ain't this a smile?
I'm happy when life's good
And when it's bad I cry
I've got values but I don't know how or why

I'm looking for me
You're looking for you
We're looking in at each other
And we don't know what to do

chorus

misterF

I know how you feel, I too feel empty inside with no clear identity.
But I also feel like the whole world is just a giant fast lane in constant movement and I'm on the periphery, I live and follow it but in a disconnected way, like all the changes that happen in the world don't affect me. When I see people on the subway every day and see them going about their daily live it seems so unreal to me, like I said, I feel disconnected.